Life Theory

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anya, May 3, 2004.

1. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol:

i read your life stories and i suggest you dont go around saying youre a satanist.. i dont want you to die by those psycho christians or anything..

2. Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'm converting to Keatonism.

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Uh... wow.

The Big Bang Theory is a theory, yes. But evolution has been proven as fact. You can't contest or argue against evolution because evolution has been proven.

:rolleyes:

4. Jila

I'm converting to Keatonism. [/b][/quote]
    i was thinking about doing that too

"what religion are you?"
    "oh, im a keatonist"
    :wth:

5. Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Uh... wow.

The Big Bang Theory is a theory, yes. But evolution has been proven as fact. You can't contest or argue against evolution because evolution has been proven.

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    How, in any way, does evolution relate to the beginning of life? Life theory, here. Evolution may have to do with how people developed, but not as how the world as a whole developed and how life came to be. Also, there's another thing called natural selection. Don't use the word evolution when you talk to me, in the world competion is everywhere- the strongest and most fit to live survive. Natural selection can tell you that evolution wasn't the reason everything changed, it was the fact that the species wasn't surviving to change itself.

Yes, evolution may have been proven in some ways with fossils and whatnot, but you can't even make a serious judgement on evolution. The whole idea is just what sounded good and seemed to be right to scientists because of the discovery of fossils. Think of how people actually came up with evolution and more and more it seems more foulable because of all of the guesswork involved.

6. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

So does that mean God looks like a monkey? Or rodent?

7. Will

Darwin's natural selection thing was based on evolution. We spent a month talking about all that in biology and we had a professor from a college in PA (don't remember what college) come and talk to use for a day.

8. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Uh... wow.

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Evolution, as in, how species change over time, is fact. The origin of life, however, even the origin of human's, is not fact.

9. ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

Firstly, something everyone should know- Logic+Religion do not go together.
    Secondly, I believe in my own-ism, not anyone elses.

10. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

so whats your own-ism? what do you believe in?

11. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Would that mean we arrived as Apes and there was nothing before? :wth:

12. Will

I just want to break up this discussion a little bit by posting a disclaimer:

I completely respect everyone's opinion on religion and I respect people who are religious.

I'm just pretty passionate about the whole religion thing because so much of it makes no sense in my eyes so I contest it a lot.

Oh well.

13. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Are you kidding me? As I said earlier, read any of Saint Thomas Aquinas's works, he proves that religion is more logical than having no religion. I cannot possibly say it better then the man himself, so run a google search and enlighten yourself.

Edit: To Maelle: It's not even my personal belief that we developed from apes.

Edit: To Will: I'm glad you posted that, Will, I feel the exact same way, but on the religious side.

14. Jila

Are you kidding me? As I said earlier, read any of Saint Thomas Aquinas's works, he proves that religion is more logical than having no religion. I cannot possibly say it better then the man himself, so run a google search and enlighten yourself.

Edit: To Maelle: It's not even my personal belief that we developed from apes.

Edit: To Will: I'm glad you posted that, Will, I feel the exact same way, but on the religious side. [/b][/quote]
    it would be great if you could post something by that guy to "enlighten" us because i dont know what exactly you want us read. im sure as hell not going to read everything.

15. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

it would be great if you could post something by that guy to "enlighten" us because i dont know what exactly you want us read. im sure as hell not going to read everything. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe?

16. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Maybe? [/b][/quote]
    Yes ^_^

17. TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

*too lazy to read past the first page*
    Ill get it short and sweet. I choose to believe in God and Heaven and Hell. Because it gives me something to look forward to after this short life is up. I mean wouldnt you rather be in heaven then just sleeping forever?

18. Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I don't get why whenever someone decides to start a healthy discussion about a topic that everyone has their own ideas about people don't respect other peoples opinions and people get annoyed and argue with eachother. They are all just theories- they can't be proved so they are really just opinions ,which means no-one is right or wrong! :mellow:

19. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

We don't get annoyed, we just try to understand other people' point of view.

20. Jila

well actually, they may be opinions but there obviously has to be a right or wrong :rolleyes: