Meteora Versus and Riffs on Next Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MidnightMovieMaker, May 31, 2004.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I can name like 10 Deftones songs that are heavier than anything of Linkin Park. You should check out Poison the well or Opeth [/b][/quote]
    Jesus Christ people, get a ####### clue!

I WAS KIDDING.

GOOD GOD.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I can name like 10 Deftones songs that are heavier than anything of Linkin Park. You should check out Poison the well or Opeth

Let me just say this:

HT > Meteora

I don't care about the song structures, i just care about the lyrics and different variations in the singing (Weakness of Linkin Park). Figure.09 is the best song on Meteora, and in no way sounds like Step Up. Don Gilmore, however, needs to go. They should hire Terry Date [/b][/quote]
    1. As Casey said, he was kidding. If you would actually read posts in this thread you would know that.

2. I didn't say Figure.09 SOUNDED like Step Up ... just, read the lyrics.

3. Song structures are one of the biggest factors in a song ... because it IS the song. Every song LP has made consists of this: Verse Chorus Verse Chorus Bride Chorus. You don't think thats boring?

4. Chester may not have the best voice, but it's no where near bad, and definately not THE "weakness" of LP. Lyrics on Meteora was a weakness. Guitar playing was a weakness. Bass playing was a weakness.

The one thing I do agree with that you said "HT > Meteora"

akorch16

akorch16 Active Member

wait... wheres your facts? here are the facts i gathered from your post
    1) ht was awesome (opinion)
    2) HT was the best album of 2000 (opinion)
    3) No one said HT was a let down, no one said that HTEP was a let down, but people said that meteora was a letdown (opinion)
    4) The lyrics were more generic and bland (opinion)
    5) Figure.09 is a complete rip off of step up (opinion)
    6) Breaking the habit was the only thing good from meteora (opinion)
    7) Meteora was only good in the beginning because of the hype (opinion)
    8) Don gilemore was not a good producer (opinion)
    9) He made mike, chester, and phoenix (?!) rewrite so many songs (not a fact. you dont know this. no one in the band said that he "made" them rewrite songs. watch lptv. lp wanted to rewrite them)
    10) the intro was a lame attempt to add more time to the album (opinion. 10 seconds longer isnt gonna do a whole lot)

redefine "fact" for me. dictionary.com defines it as "Knowledge or information based on real occurrences". that applies for statistics, or quotes from lp, don gilemore, or warner brothers. nothing you said was fact. everything was based on your personal opinions about lp. ill prove it.

i will argue each one of your statements with a counterstatement. it doesnt mean i agree with what im saying, its just the flipside of what you said. actually i agree with none of these.

1) ht sucked
    2) lp had the worst album of 2000.
    3) ht was a let down. so was the ep.
    4) the lyrics were deep.
    5) figure.09 is the complete opposite of step up.
    6) foreword was the only thing good from meteora
    7) meteora is good forever.
    8) don gilemore was a good producer.
    9) mike chester and phoenix wanted to rewrite the songs.
    10) the intro was amazing.

get a quote, statistic or even a survey if you really want to, then come back and try to argue your opinion. otherwise its meaningless to argue "facts" when you have none. i dare you to prove any one of my counter arguements wrong.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

You know, Im not going to even touch that last post. Its not worth my time to respond to something with bad grammar like that and complete missunderstanding of what you read. You obviously didnt read it thoroughly, you just made your own conclusions.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

So what your saying is that when Linkin Park says that Don Gilmore is good.. You think he's good too?

Well, as alot of people tell that he's bad, I like the album *everybody shocks* And no, i didnt know that Linkin Park thinks he's good :)

Yes, A.06 is the heaviest song that Linkin Park made. Too bad its so short :(

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

wait... wheres your facts? here are the facts i gathered from your post
    1) ht was awesome (opinion)
    2) HT was the best album of 2000 (opinion)
    3) No one said HT was a let down, no one said that HTEP was a let down, but people said that meteora was a letdown (opinion)
    4) The lyrics were more generic and bland (opinion)
    5) Figure.09 is a complete rip off of step up (opinion)
    6) Breaking the habit was the only thing good from meteora (opinion)
    7) Meteora was only good in the beginning because of the hype (opinion)
    8) Don gilemore was not a good producer (opinion)
    9) He made mike, chester, and phoenix (?!) rewrite so many songs (not a fact. you dont know this. no one in the band said that he "made" them rewrite songs. watch lptv. lp wanted to rewrite them)
    10) the intro was a lame attempt to add more time to the album (opinion. 10 seconds longer isnt gonna do a whole lot)

redefine "fact" for me. dictionary.com defines it as "Knowledge or information based on real occurrences". that applies for statistics, or quotes from lp, don gilemore, or warner brothers. nothing you said was fact. everything was based on your personal opinions about lp. ill prove it.

i will argue each one of your statements with a counterstatement. it doesnt mean i agree with what im saying, its just the flipside of what you said. actually i agree with none of these.

1) ht sucked
    2) lp had the worst album of 2000.
    3) ht was a let down. so was the ep.
    4) the lyrics were deep.
    5) figure.09 is the complete opposite of step up.
    6) foreword was the only thing good from meteora
    7) meteora is good forever.
    8) don gilemore was a good producer.
    9) mike chester and phoenix wanted to rewrite the songs.
    10) the intro was amazing.

get a quote, statistic or even a survey if you really want to, then come back and try to argue your opinion. otherwise its meaningless to argue "facts" when you have none. i dare you to prove any one of my counter arguements wrong. [/b][/quote]
    01:: Hybrid Theory was the top selling album of 2001. FACT.
    02:: Meteora wasn't the top selling album of 2003. FACT.
    03:: Meteora wouldn't have sold NEARLY as many copies if it wasn't for Hybrid Theory's success. The success is in the numbers; with the album leaking only 5 days before it's release, "Meteora" went on to sell 1.6 million copies in 2 weeks, with many, many people (including myself), getting the album after only hearing SIB because it was leaked so close to the release date. FACT.
    04:: Don Gilmore DID make them rewrite songs, so go take a look at your Meteora DVD.
    Mike: "What's wrong Chester?"
    Chester: "Well, today, kids, we rewrote a song for over the 97th time. See that guy? *looks at Don* It's his fault."
    BIG FAT FACT.
    05:: Meteora WAS a letdown for many many fans. And that's not an opinion, that is a FACT. Take a look at the hundreds and thousands of people on the LPMB, LPUMB and here who don't like 'Meteora'. One person saying that would be an opinion, but when you've got a large sample of people saying that, including people who have been fans of the band even from before 'Hybrid Theory' was out, people who you'd think would support Linkin Park no matter what, that is a problem. FACT.
    06:: The lyrics were worse. Compare the opening verse of "APFMH", or the whole lyrics of "Forgotten" with anything other than "Breaking The Habit" on Meteora, and you'll see what I mean. It's all the same 'pain-confusion-annoyed-ignored-dwelling on the past' theme. No metaphorical lyrics, too straight forward. FACT (Look at the lyrics).
    07:: "Breaking the Habit" WAS the only original thing Linkin Park did on Meteora, because everything else sounded like previous material. This was the only critically-acclaimed part of the album. FACT.

There's your facts. I know you obviously aren't going to agree with it because you're quite possibly the most stubborn person alive, but there.

MidnightMovieMaker

MidnightMovieMaker Well-Known Member

um...ok that actually makes sense and Forgotten does have great lyrics :phoenix:

MidnightMovieMaker

i kno your not suppose to double post...sorry...but wut if don gilmore doest work on the next album? :phoenix:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Then all will be right with the world.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Armageddon will have truely arrived.

EDIT:

What about Nobody's Listening?

MidnightMovieMaker

haha i hope the next one sounds more like hybrid and not meteora...i wonder who theyd use if not don gilmore :phoenix: