Linkin Park songs sound to much the same

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mcnasty, May 3, 2004.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

Back on topic... I just listened to "Numb" and "Pushing Me Away" overlapping, and it's creepy how well they match up. Yeah, Linkin Park tends to use some of the same patterns in their songs, but it's because what works for them.

crawlin_fan

crawlin_fan Well-Known Member

Precisely.

I suppose I fail to understand any criticism about their song structure because it's clearly their signature pattern. Is it that people want every single song to be fundamentally different from the previous or next one? I like the fact that they have a signature pattern and it would be a tad presumptous to assume that that pattern isn't going to develop and evolve on future albums.

Not to sound patronising but I think it's important to remember that LP is still relatively a young band and that their sound WILL mature and evolve. And it should be allowed to do so naturally. Which is why I'm more than happy with Meteora because as much as it very much the 'older brother' of Hybrid Theory, there are still clear signs that their sound is gradually evolving and that song structure is changing. I think to expect instantaneous growth in the capacity that some people have suggested in earlier posts is a tad unrealistic. Perhaps if people levelled the complaints they have about Meteora on say, a fourth or fifth album then I would perfectly understand. But on a mere second full studio album? I definitely wouldn't go that far.

But it's different strokes for different folk.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

Yea, it's kinda true that some songs sound alike. But, they're still nice songs. HEH.

ra12

ra12 Guest

crawling&numb

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's not really a signature pattern when every other band uses the -intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus-outro song structure. I, personally, would want each song to be different structurally. I listen to a lot of heavy metal and all of those songs have the most amazing structures. If Linkin Park would just do that, they'd gain the respect of an entirely new audience.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

It's not really a signature pattern when every other band uses the -intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus-outro song structure. I, personally, would want each song to be different structurally. I listen to a lot of heavy metal and all of those songs have the most amazing structures. If Linkin Park would just do that, they'd gain the respect of an entirely new audience. [/b][/quote]
    I completely agree Will

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

One thing that I don't like about LP is that their formulas are the same, although the songs are awesome.

You can probably get a good mix between many LP songs if u timed it right and had the same tempo. It works for a lot of artists too.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I completely agree, if they do change their structures for their next album, they will gain alot more respect from a different audience, IMO that is what they have to focus on for thier next album. Okay, the formula seems to be working, but its getting repetative and predictable. I'ts also the reason LP are in the mainstream as much as they are, If LP changed thier formula and structure of their songs, it would just be a change and a fresh new sound for their next album, which is muchly needed IMO.

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

look at this case in a diffrent way,.....
    LP must keep their identity,.. and offcourse that identity must be the same,...i mean if LP tomorrow makes music with britney spears or some dutch kabouter plop song....then u have diffrent music but then they lost their identity,...so they style must stay

if u see significant others of Limp Bizkit,...thats more songs who sound the same example : Nookie compared with my generation and break stuff all heavy start and before the end some very soft voice then hard again.
    so shortly said its the identity which makes it look/sound the same

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

And how successful are Limp Bizkit now? The only success they've had from "Results May Vary" is some cover song Fred didn't even write.

Bands need to evolve or people start getting tired of them. That's a fact in the music industry. Most of the more successful rock bands nowadays have to do that to be truly considered musicians and maintain their success.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Basically LP's whole formula is screaming and rapping. No matter how much you rotate those around the drum and guitar riffs, it'll pretty much sound the same. So my point is, unless they completely change everything that's worked for them (for example digitalize their voice, get a viola player, or hijack Amy Lee), I dont possibly see any way they can work around it.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol: :shifty: Plots the kidnap.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

:lol: :shifty: Plots the kidnap. [/b][/quote]
    am I the only one here who actually WOULDN'T like Amy Lee to do a duet thingy with LP?

:unsure:

I mean, I'm sure it sound cool and all (and yeah, would DEF change the style of music *cough*), but wasn't Amy Lee the one saying that Evanescence WASN'T an LP-esque band? Wouldn't that be kinda hypocritical?

Just my opinion, and if that was off topic, my fault :lol:

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Since when did "hijacking" mean she gets a say? :lol:

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

i think linkin park is now changing from their old sound and on their next album they will have familiar, yet noticeably different song progressions. example that linkin park has changed: xero and hybrid theory EP songs were all kinda all the same in the verses with mike always talking about the same old "you can't be an emcee until u've studied the skill" stuff but now he has developed a more meaningful style of rapping that in my opinion is way better than all this rap that is out there talking about how they only had $3 when they grew up in the bronx. well anyways.... linkin park sounds serious about changing their sound with "breaking the habit" as their inspiration and i trust that they are going to change their sounds for the best

lp_solder

lp_solder Well-Known Member

It's true that lp songs sound the same, but I like them the way they are