BTH Clip Being Shown on MTV asia

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Omar A, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I actually find it kind of surprizing that so many of you people are upset/confused as to why Linkin Park chose to use anime in thier new music video.

When Linkin Park first announced that BTH would be fully animated and hand-drawn, what did you expect the video to be like? If any of you have been a fan of the band for as long as I have you'll know that Joe and Mike are huge fans of Anime and that Mike even went as far as to give a shoutout to the popular anime film "Akira" in the reprise version of "High Voltage".

I knew that if anything the video would be in an anime style because of the fact Joe hired a ton of expert Japanese artists to work on the video. I'm also not surprized it has "Aha" influences in it because if you are going to make an animated video you have to pay homage to the animated video that started it all.

So think about it, did you expect the video to look like the smurfs when they said it was going to be animated? I highly doubt it.

SketchaMPM

SketchaMPM Well-Known Member

Finally, someone says something intelligent.

THANK you.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Uh.. He does that in both versions. And yes I agree totally. I read a thread where a guy said "It looks like Pokemon!!" AH!

Yes it's anime. NO it doesn't look like Pokemon! Fans these days. The animation reminds me strongly of Akira and such. I don't think any other style (Like Cowboy Bebop or something) would have fit the mood like the Akira-type art.

But I don't even care any because it's taking so long. I have better things to do. Like start my own band and finish my CD.

At least people starting people habit with one B and not two. :rolleyes:

SketchaMPM

SketchaMPM Well-Known Member

Uh.. He does that in both versions. And yes I agree totally. I read a thread where a guy said "It looks like Pokemon!!" AH!

Yes it's anime. NO it doesn't look like Pokemon! Fans these days. The animation reminds me strongly of Akira and such. I don't think any other style (Like Cowboy Bebop or something) would have fit the mood like the Akira-type art.

But I don't even care any because it's taking so long. I have better things to do. Like start my own band and finish my CD.

At least people starting people habit with one B and not two. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    I'm not exactly sure why you referenced Cowboy Bebop there because the video slightly reminds me of it. And Cowboy Bebop is still one of the best animes I have ever seen in my life.

F*ck it, it's one of the greatest forms of multimedia I've ever seen in my life.

[Soldier]

[Soldier] Member

I've seen the commercial!!!! I can't wait to see the video tomorrow :D :brad: (w00t) On the anime thing, I think this is totally different from the other animes. :rawk: The video will be :rawk:

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

it looks ok....
    In The End ownz the mother of all clips

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Yeah, my mom watched the clip with me (she's a big LP fan and this is her fav song off of Meteora) and she goes

"Omg it looks like Akira on crack!"

Lol

So yeah people, really, were you expecting... dare I say it... Care Bears?

*gag*

I canNOT wait for this video!!!!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.