When Did You First Get Into Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ent0303, Jan 13, 2003.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

I got Hybrid Theory for Christmas the year it first came out. I had heard the One Step Closer single and I asked for the cd for Christmas. I started only listening to the single and then I actually listened to the whole cd. I instantly heard that all their songs were good, not just the single like most cds that I bought. Since then, I've been a huge Linkin Park fan. I own posters, keychains, decals, window stickers, and all their cds. I can't wait for their new album.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I originally hated OSC + the vid, then I saw Crawling and thought they were a 2 hit wonder...so I randomly downloaded Paprercut...

Papercut changed everything

:chemist:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I heard OSC on the radio but didnt want to buy HT. I asked a couple friends if they had it, one did and he burned it for me. I listened to it and loved it. Been a fan ever since, but still havent bought a legal copy of HT (but Mike supports free music....:D)

So Kenny is probably the reason Im here in the first place. If he didnt burn me that CD, I probably never would have bought it

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

One day, last Spring, I was chatting on IRC with a few of my friends. One of them asked me if I liked Linkin Park. I told him that I had never heard of them. He sent me his favourite song, "A Place For My Head." I was skeptical at first, because I hadn't heard anything like it before. I had him send me a few more; "Pushing Me Away," "With You," and "Papercut." I still didn't know what to think because I'd never heard a band do something so intelligent as Linkin Park. Then he sent me "In The End." I didn't know that "In The End" was by Linkin Park, and I'd heard it on the radio a lot. I loved the song, so the next day (YES — the NEXT day) I went out and bought Hybrid Theory. Honestly, it hasn't left my player since (unless I take it out and put it in my computer or portable CD player). And without Linkin Park I wouldn't have explored the genre of rock and metal, even though I had liked P.O.D. long before LP. LP really opened my eyes, and now I'm a fan of bands ranging from 30 Seconds To Mars to Taproot to Mudvayne to Hatebreed.

:)

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

One day when I was at a friends house, she asked if I liked LP. I had heard of them at the time but the only song I had listened to was One Step Closer. So she played In The End, With You, Papercut and A Place For My Head for me and after that I thought they were awesome! About 2 or 3 days later, I went out and bought Hybrid Theory :)

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I saw the OSC vid, loved it, downloaded 2 or 3 songs, bought the album a week later.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

i was at my cousins and i heard them say that linkin park has awesome songs. the next day i downloaded step up and instantly i loved their music. this is the first kind of rock/hip hop music i enjoyed. i used to listen to trad. indian music before. :mike:

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Shows how all kinds of people's favorite genre's can be developed into LP's genre. GO LP.

katja_88

katja_88 Well-Known Member

I heard poa in the radio and few days later I bought the cd and I love it!!!!! :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

well, i still don't know how it got there, but i found "linkin park - one step closer" on my napster library. i didn't listen to it, but i recognized the name of the song and band when i saw OSC playing on muchmusic. i immediately asked a friend if he liked it (it's funny, he hates them now) and he sent me runaway, papercut and forgotten. papercut was the huge seller for me, although i loved OSC and the others alot too. i burned half of lp's album onto a cd along with half of finger eleven's back in nov/dec of 2000 and i got used to the LP songs because i loved finger eleven. then, i saw crawling on TV, thought it was amazing, went out and bought the cd a few months later. I didn't buy it before that because I was one of those "super-piracy-guys" who doesn't buy any cd's because I could burn them. once i got past that stage, i was listening to LP non-stop.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

It was 25th November 2000 and i was online at napster. i was downloading some stuff (i think it was limp bizkit) and was talking to the guy where i was downloading at. he asked me if i knew LP, i said no and he told me to try osc. i've downloaded a 3:30 version of it where the shut up part was 2 times. i listened to it over and over again, a week later the idea came up forn downloading more. so i've downloaded everything i could find, includes the EP tracks. i totally fell in love since that day 21:15 pm :)

streetsoldier

streetsoldier Well-Known Member

I was watching The Box on TV, and they played OSC, I liked the song; downloaded it off Napster and I've been hooked ever since. ;) :joe:

[LP]Russtam

[LP]Russtam New Member

:mike: When I went to a Counter Strike CSTOONS website, I randomly clicked the flash movies" Terrorist Win2". It's background music is Linkin Park's Points of Authority" !!! I love it very much!!! And I finally found my favourite band.lol

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

saw OSC on a commercial selling HT, and i thought it was cool. it took me a while to find out it was Linkin Park cuz i couldn't really remember the name. so i downloaded OSC, loved it, downloaded a few more songs. summer of 2001, my friend from summer day camp brought the cd and we listened to a few tracks. about 2 months later i bought the album. my friend had already bought it but talked nothing of it, but we got our other friends to love them too. :)

LPinmyHeart

LPinmyHeart Guest

I first heard Linkin Park on my radio and it was for "One Step Closer" and when I heard that song, I bought the cd when it came out and ever since then I have been following them. :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I heard about One Step Closer when it came out as a single. I didn't decided to buy the album when it came out at that time. When Crawling came out, I was like "Hey, I can really related to this."

At a youth retreat that my youth group did, one of the people who was in my cabin had Hybrid Theory. He put it into my cd player and listened to it, and I was amazed. What was even more amazing was that they didn't even swear throughout the whole cd. A couple of weeks later, I got a friend to burn me a cd, and I was hooked ever since. I have since lost that cd somewhere in my room.

Ally5

Ally5 Member

i saw the crawling video on mtv in spring 2001, and i hated it :blink: but when in the end came out that winter...i fell absolutely in love with it (and mike :mike: ) so then, i was trying to download it, but i got with you instead...then i reeeeally liked lp, and my brother's friend burned me a copy, and that's what i still have today. :D

hy8r1d7h30ry

hy8r1d7h30ry Member

I was watching Muchmusic, and crawling came on, I liked it. Then i forgot about them for a while, then i saw OSC and crawling again. Then got my friend to download some songs. So then I picked up the hybridtheory and then TADA! LP fan ever scince.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I thought I'd post how I got into LP :p...

One morning I was watching T.V. before getting ready for school, and I saw this song. I was like "what the hell?" the first time I saw it. The second time, I was like, "woah, this is pretty cool". Before LP, Papa Roach got me into the rock scene, and before that, I was a pop-fanatic... <_<... Anyways, I was amazed at this song and I was just frustraited because I couldn't remember the name of the band. I thought it was something like "Likin Park", but yeah, I didn't find anything by band names. Of course back then I was stupid too. This was back in 2000 or so when the song was still fresh (before pop was the mastermind behind TRL :D). So after I got OSC, I was like "I need more LP!!!" so I downloaded "Crawling", it was bizarre because that's what their next single was... Then I downloaded "In The End", "Points of Authority", "Runaway", "Forgotten", etc. I ended up almost downloading the whole album 'till one day I walked into a record store... I saw right there, up front "LINKIN PARK: HYBRID THEORY", and I picked that thing up so fast, I even forgot how much I paid for it :D. Then I went to school that week... Everyone at school was like "What the hell is this? This is crap!" etc, all the other crap you say when you diss a band. But yeah, couple weeks later when "Crawling" aired on radios and MTV all over the place, my school was hooked on LP :). Overall, I learned of LP after the second time I heard LP in 2000, and got my school hooked :lol:.

:chemist:

temp237859

temp237859 Member

I heard Crawling premiere on the radio and I automatically loved it. But I didn't care much to go buy their album. Then when the video came out, i thought they were pretty cool. But then it came down to either buying Linkin Park's cd or "blink 182 :rolleyes: i was an idiot back then. But i asked my friend which one i should buy, and she said to buy Linkin Park. So I bought it and listened to it and i loved it. So i'm proud to say, im not an "In The End" Linkin Park fan.