Sept 11 Movie?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Apr 25, 2004.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i think they'll make one. but they'll probably turn it into some cheap love story, because it wouldnt be interesting enough for the people watching it in the movie theater.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Damn i hope not. i wonder if people who served in World War II are pissed cause Pearl Harbor was a love story.

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

in more than 20 years there should be a movie that shows the last hours of Tom Burnett(he was from my home town and i know people that met him before he died) he helped divert the plane that landed in the corn field. and as far as the money issue goes wouldn't it be great to give the profits to poor people in other nations? but of course hollywood is way to greedy to do that :(

Glenn

That would be great to give the profits. Impossible though, cause it's Hollywood.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Damn i hope not. i wonder if people who served in World War II are pissed cause Pearl Harbor was a love story. [/b][/quote]
    yeah glenn. i mean if you think about it, what makes you cry or whatever on pearl harbour is the whole love story s*it. but really, it was a big disaster where many people died. so i would be pissed.

Glenn

yeah glenn. i mean if you think about it, what makes you cry or whatever on pearl harbour is the whole love story s*it. but really, it was a big disaster where many people died. so i would be pissed. [/b][/quote]
    I wonder how my granddad feels about the movie...

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

I wonder how my granddad feels about the movie... [/b][/quote]
    sorry to hear that your grandpa died there :wth:

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Should they? Probably not.

Will they? Definately, you can book it down in your calendar and circle it with a permanent marker. And I don't mean one of those TV specials neither, I mean a major blockbuster.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Exactly, alot of people defend it by saying Mel Gibson put $25 Million into it. Well, he made around a $400 Million paycheck for it. [/b][/quote]
    I know what your saying but he doesnt get to keep the 400 million that the movie grossed :mellow: he gets some of it :D

Glenn

sorry to hear that your grandpa died there :wth: [/b][/quote]
    huh...my granddad didn't die. He is still alive. He was in World War II, and I was saying "I wonder what his opinion is about that movie"

Edit: Sry...yeah I guess in context, that's what it sounded like, but he wasn't at Pearl Harbor.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I wouldn't go and see it if they did come out with one. I know patriotism is what this world supposedly needs right now and all but too me there's a limit on patriotism. We obsess over it way too much.. In a way rooting for our country seems kind of like were routing on Bush as well. I'm not too fond of him really and I know almost ninety-nine percent of you here think the same. All I need to do is have a little american flag thingy on my car window and woo hoo patriotism! Seeing a movie is going to far across the line.

Hopefully that made sense.. :wth:

Michele890

Michele890 Well-Known Member

Seeing a MOVIE is going across the line? The movie wouldn't even be about American pride or whatever, it would be about the Tradgety (sp?) of September 11th... And how it united America I suppose. Not that I disagree with you about Bush, but really..... how does not supporting Bush have anything to do with a movie?

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Seeing a MOVIE is going across the line? The movie wouldn't even be about American pride or whatever, it would be about the Tradgety (sp?) of September 11th... And how it united America I suppose. Not that I disagree with you about Bush, but really..... how does not supporting Bush have anything to do with a movie? [/b][/quote]
    That's not exactly what I mean. It's just like.. I'm tired of this whole war in the first place. The only reason of why we came to war anyway was because Bush supposedly wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father. He's power hungry and i'm sick of it. Just as Todd said, movies=money and they shouldn't make money off of such a tragic event. Now that's crossing the line. Why should I see a movie that rolls in money for someone as power hungry as he is? If they come out with a September 11th movie he's going to be behind it somehow and i'm not going to support that. I'm also tired of seeing other people support it all as well but i've come to realize to just forget that because some of their families have probably died in 9/11. But the only thing that annoys me most is Bush really.

Michele890

Michele890 Well-Known Member

That's not exactly what I mean. It's just like.. I'm tired of this whole war in the first place. The only reason of why we came to war anyway was because Bush supposedly wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father. He's power hungry and i'm sick of it. Just as Todd said, movies=money and they shouldn't make money off of such a tragic event. Now that's crossing the line. Why should I see a movie that rolls in money for someone as power hungry as he is? If they come out with a September 11th movie he's going to be behind it somehow and i'm not going to support that. I'm also tired of seeing other people support it all as well but i've come to realize to just forget that because some of their families have probably died in 9/11. But the only thing that annoys me most is Bush really. [/b][/quote]
    Good point. But just look at it the other way..... Maybe the reason Bush went into Irag was actually to protect us. If he hadn't, Saddam would come over here and kill us all. But with the movie thing... I don't think that would be a good idea anyway. People having to relive their families dieing? Not good.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Good point. But just look at it the other way..... Maybe the reason Bush went into Irag was actually to protect us. If he hadn't, Saddam would come over here and kill us all. But with the movie thing... I don't think that would be a good idea anyway. People having to relive their families dieing? Not good. [/b][/quote]
    Also another good point.. In which I forgot to mention.. I guess he's doing it to help our country but it does seem unlikely. But if he is, then he should change his act around a little.. The FCAT was a b*tch this year because of him.

But eh.. Hopefully when the new election comes around it'll get better. :wth:

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I dont see how a Sep 11th movie would profit Bush in any way. Except if they hire a less attractive actor to act his part, that way he'll look more handsome.

Glenn

well hopefully the movie won't be in Bush's years

I don't care for a 9/11 movie. Movies are there either for entertainment or a moral purpose and I don't think a 9/11 movie could fit into either categories. Besides, the last thing we need is a version of the event according to Hollywood. Blockbuster movies have always been known to be sensational and overly-dramatic. Unless the money they make goes back to the victims or maybe a memorial, I don't think anyone should be profiting off 9/11.

Kenzie

Kenzie Active Member

One day it probably will be made into a movie.....unfortunately. There are many directors, writers, etc. chomping at the bit on this terrible day waiting to profit from someone else's tragedy. I don't, however, think it will be made anytime soon because it is still so fresh in everyone's minds. They'll wait a few more years and it will end up on the big screen.

The Oklahoma City Murrah Federal building was made into a Lifetime network movie (big surprise, they love tragic events) and that was an act of terrorism (by an American of all things. :( )

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well why not? They make movies about D-day, Pearl Harbor, and even the Crucifixion of Jesus. If they portray it accurately and view it purely as a historical event I don't see any reason not to. Like Radical Dreamer said, I'm hesitant so see whay Hollywood will make of it, but maybe an independant film will be put out.