What's Your School Like?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by May, Apr 27, 2004.

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

ditto ^_^

My school is an all-girls private school in England. It's not really high-class as it sounds but I guess the teaching is a bit better. The school is really small, I think there are only about 200-300 students and two dozen teachers. That means the classes are small too; the smallest class we have is 19 and the biggest is about 25. The teachers are okay, but some of them are sh*t lazy and rely on US to teach ourselves while they put their feet up and have a coffee break. Our principal is this woman in her 50s. She does her job well, but can be a bit of a b*tch and a snob. One last thing: we don't have uniforms so people can wear just about anything they want but the younger girls have to wear skirts. :wth:

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

so your parents just like teach you? or you have teachers that come to your house? do you get breaks? does school end at the same time as everyone? do you get a dipolma? tee hee sorry i don't know anyone who's homeschooled so i'm curious ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    My parents mostly teach me, specifically my Mom. I do take outside classes (art & music, as well as whatever else I happen to stumble a pon).

As for the when does it end thing, well we have no set timeframe. I do schoolwork whenever it's convienent for everyone. Usually that ends up being mid afternoon, since I'm out at the barn in the morning. I do a lot less schoolwork then I would if I were in school as well--it takes a lot less time when it's one-on-one.

Edit:
    Sorry, forgot one...

The diploma, I believe, I could get. My friend, who's 16 and also homeschooled, aced his GED and they sent him a diploma totally out of the blue. Most colleges don't require diplomas from homeschoolers.

May

May Ambient

My parents mostly teach me, specifically my Mom. I do take outside classes (art & music, as well as whatever else I happen to stumble a pon).

As for the when does it end thing, well we have no set timeframe. I do schoolwork whenever it's convienent for everyone. Usually that ends up being mid afternoon, since I'm out at the barn in the morning. I do a lot less schoolwork then I would if I were in school as well--it takes a lot less time when it's one-on-one.

Edit:
    Sorry, forgot one...

The diploma, I believe, I could get. My friend, who's 16 and also homeschooled, aced his GED and they sent him a diploma totally out of the blue. Most colleges don't require diplomas from homeschoolers. [/b][/quote]
    that is so awesome! sounds like fun... did i just say school sounds like fun? :mellow:

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

that is so awesome! sounds like fun... did i just say school sounds like fun? :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    yes you did :p

one other good thing about it is the flexable times and stuff meaning you can go to the doctor or barber or whatever during the day and beat the crowds of kids ^_^

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

What school here has the most kids going to it ? Mine has 1800.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

My school is pretty small compared to others around here. We have just a basic main office and classrooms. Basically, my school is a boring place...except for the fact that it's sort of in a "gettohish" area. :chemist: All the kids are either rap junkees or rock addicts, and the rest are "Linkin Parkers" :rawk: God, I'm using the rawk smiley too much... :wth:

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

man, reading some of your schools makes me think mines not that bad.

i go to Durango HS in las vegas, nv. i remember the second day of school there was already a fight. theres quite a few prep, goth, and all the rest of the cliques there. i think there are lik 2,500 kids.

there are some stupid people too, sometimes i see people who get arrested and get caught smoking in the hallway. but then my middle school had someone commit suicide in the bathroom and one of my friends who was in my history class drowned in a hot tub after getting stoned and passing out.

but i am going to this new school they just built but they said they might have a strict dress code like polo shirts and khaki pants. if they do then i will have to go on strike.

Matt

Hey, I'm going to Vegas tomorrow! :shifty:

Fremont Junior High.

Click play when the video clip loads. :lol: Sad isn't it?

Edit: Last year at my old school, 2 5th graders were caught in the bathroom with marijuana. :chemist: At another ELEMENTARY school, a couple of sixth graders were caught having sex in a stall... :chemist: :mellow:

Jila

Fremont Junior High.

Edit: Last year at my old school, 2 5th graders were caught in the bathroom with marijuana. :chemist: At another ELEMENTARY school, a couple of sixth graders were caught having sex in a stall... :chemist: :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    are you really?

i heard some kid got suspended for having MJ in his backpack a while ago. oh, and some girl in one of the clark county schools got suspended bacause her mom accidentally put a steak knife in her lunchbox. that really didnt have to do with my school but i just remembered watching that on the news in like elementary school.

p.s. never use public bathroom stalls

Matt

are you really?

[/b][/quote]
    Yes.I get to leave school early. Everyone's going to say, "Oh, Matt's ditching us to see Zumanity." :wth:

Nowhere Kid

Nowhere Kid Well-Known Member

Fremont Junior High.

Edit: Last year at my old school, 2 5th graders were caught in the bathroom with marijuana. :chemist: At another ELEMENTARY school, a couple of sixth graders were caught having sex in a stall... :chemist: :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    6 or 7 people in my class earlier last month got caught with Marijuana [My cousin was selling it... :wth:] and you know what their punishment was? A week in school suspension. And they had to do a project on MJ. What kind of punishment is that? Marijuana is illegal. They should have had to do community service or something. My school is run by idiots.

Jila

Yes.I get to leave school early. Everyone's going to say, "Oh, Matt's ditching us to see Zumanity." :wth: [/b][/quote]
    hahaha :lol: zumanity

Nowhere Kid: everyone who runs schools are idiots. the people who decide zoning are especially stupid. half the kids in my neiborhood are zoned for a school thats like in the middle of nowhere. so me and my friend who lives across the street from me go to different schools.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

yes you did :p

one other good thing about it is the flexable times and stuff meaning you can go to the doctor or barber or whatever during the day and beat the crowds of kids ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    Me and my other homeschooled friends always go to early movies to get cheaper prices :lol: Totally rocks. Same thing goes for vacations. When I was younger we used go to Chingotege in the fall, and not only was the weather nicer, there were hardly any crowds.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

** Loses all rights to complain about my school **

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Wow...after reading everybody's post i dont think mine is half bad anymore...

my school has about 650 students, in a shape of a box but the walls arent pernament...folding walls!! the band room is way too small! day 6 last period...grade 8 mega band....100 students in a small room ... luckily i have my little corner by the amplifier (i play bass guitar) .. our school isnt too bad, i dont hear of many problems happening in our school...a fight once a month or so....

id rate my school 7.5/10.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

My high school has about 900 kids. Everyone is segregated. You've got your preppies, jocks, stoners (stone jockies, as Will likes to refer to them as) whores, drama freaks, musicians, nerds, your "B" class kids and a goth or two. No punks, you've got posers, the ones that listen to No Use for a Name and skate. But it's more of a look than the lifestyle. I associate well with everyone, but my usual group of friends are Neil's. The hard-core computer junkies :lol: They're so entertaining, I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

I've got to say Linkin Park is pretty popular at our school. We were called to an assembly in the gym one afternoon. It was for a presentation on a big screen about *ponders* ... something or other. lol. I can't remember back to December. Anywho, they started up the vid with SIB in the background and the crowd went nuts. Neil looked so proud beside me. :p

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

hehe....link to my school------> http://www.gomarus.nl/

ok, for the ones who doesn't speak dutch, just select it and put it in a translationmachine.....when you read it: :blink: :x ....have fun.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

its in duuuuutch :huh: :lol: