Numb feat. Amy Lee of Evenesence

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by rohu420, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The guitars on "Numb" are easlily the worst on Meteora.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

She can't write but she can sing better than most people out there. You saying she has no talent is like saying George Bush isn't a moron. [/b][/quote]
    lol

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i wouldnt say they were that bad - there catchy, people go for that kinda thing :mellow: as you probably can tell iam a fan of the track numb ^_^

Griever

Griever Active Member

amy lee is hot :teehee: ^_^ shut up I don't care what some of you think. :p

amy lee and chester in numb would be awesome, but I doub't its going to happen. :(

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I believe the catchiness and overall addictiveness of the song are enough to overpower that little problem, but once again..it's my opinion.

crawlin_fan

crawlin_fan Well-Known Member

The pianos great and so is the scratching and the drums, but Brad just strokes the guitar once every 5 seconds for a long note, I wouldn't call that instrumentally great. Phoenix plays more notes than brad, and he likes to blend in with the music! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    And it's precisely because of the piano-work that I think Numb works so well. That is the centrepiece of song and everything else builds around it. It's also the reason why a lot of people who aren't LP fans or who don't have Meteora are surprised by the song, precisely because it doesn't have the roaring guitar riffs. The guitars are pretty much a 'back-up' on the song and there's nothing wrong with that.

rohu420

rohu420 Banned

i apologise for that error.Actually that name is quite tough to spell.Any given day I'd spell Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit rather than Evanescence.

Also while i think a collaboration wiht papa roach is excellent.They write lyrics similar to linkin park but the only difference is that they use offensive words(you know the f-word).Otherwise their music is related to relevant topics like 9/11 and they make sense unlike Limp Bizkit or Korn whose songs sometimes have no meaning

Beautiful Disgrace

Beautiful Disgrace Well-Known Member

:unsure: I'd rather Brody Dalle did :unsure: I dunno

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I believe the catchiness and overall addictiveness of the song are enough to overpower that little problem, but once again..it's my opinion. [/b][/quote]
    too true - thats exactly what i think

savetomorrow

I think a collaboration with Amy Lee would be great but not on Numb. A new LP song with Amy Lee would be awesome but thinking since she has already made a new song with Seether this year I don't think that'll be likely anytime soon...

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I think it would sound awesome if it was anyone of the songs. Well, maybe not on all of them, but some.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I'd rather see LP with Chad Gray or Maynard, but I doubt that would ever happen for the fact that even though Chester is a great vocalist, he doesn't have the voice capacity of MuDvAyNe or TOOL/A Perfect Circle, and MuDvAyNe and Tool/APC are extremely talented and don't really seem like bands that would collaborate with the likes of LP in the first place.

Papercut77

Papercut77 New Member

Maybe not "Numb", but on other songs. That would be so awesome if Amy Lee and LP got together! Evanescence and LP are my 2 top fav bands. :p

spike91232004

spike91232004 Banned

That would be cool to have remix of numb with amy lee in it.

lp_solder

lp_solder Well-Known Member

what a great ideea!
    I'd like to see this hapening!
    :whistle: (look I'm whistleing)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well, Mudvayne toured with Linkin Park. I never expected that. So anything can happen.

savetomorrow

mudvayne's vocalist having better vocals than linkin park? mudvayne is very awesome and i've seen them in concert, but his "vocals" are just screams

Franifer

Franifer Well-Known Member

Going back a lil bit, I dunno, I don't think Amy Lee should collaborate because, well one her voice I don't think will actually 'go' with Chester's voice and their bands are two seperate bands and I think it should stay that way in my opinion, and when critics compare Evanescence to LP as the same type of music, I think thats completely false, how does Evanescence even remotely soud like LP?!
    Although is Amy Lee or any female singer was to collaborate with LP then it would be on a much softer song like Easier to Run (love that song...amazing harmonising man...)or Breaking the Habit, although BTH has to be sung by Chester and Chester only because it's 'his' song and its an amazing song that has to be sung for it's true meaning to show....its just one of those songs, you know?

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

That's because they've only heard LP and Evanescence's mainstream singles. The more popular of LP's singles were pretty soft (In the End, Numb) while Evanescence released two of their harder songs (Going Under, Bring Me to Life). If they'd actually took the time to listen to the whole CDs, they would know that the rest of LP songs are much harder and Evanescence much softer.

Franifer

Franifer Well-Known Member

Thats what annoys me about critics, man, they don't listen to their actual stuff, just the stuff thats brought out and it get's compared and it shouldn't be compared at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.