Colon Cancer :(

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Jan 23, 2003.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well guys, I just learned about 25 minutes ago that they found cancer in my grandfather's colon. I'm unsure about the severity or the stage of the cancer, only that my grandfather is going to have to have half of his colon taken out in surgery in a few days. They removed "Pollops" (almost like vericose veins except more hazardous) from his colon, and the biggest one was cancerous but they managed to remove that. And they hope that the surgery will eliminate the threat of the cancer but still, wow how am I supposed to be prepared for something like this? *shakes head* :(. I ask that anyone who reads this wishes him luck, as I know I am. I'll keep you guys posted on how he's doing. God I hope he pulls through this.

PP:KUt

PP:KUt Banned

....darn, that sucks man. my gma had to have those things taken out too, they were also cancerous. she had the operation about 5 months ago. shes fully recovered, and hopefully so will your grandpa. best wishes to him, and i'll say prayer for him 2night

Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

awww im sorry derek *hugs* dont get to worried about it. Just pray and everything will be fine. Cancer runs in my family also so i know how much pain it is.... you'll get thru it !

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

that really sucks. i wish him luck and that he pulls through. my uncle died unexpectedly and i was caught completely off guard. it hurt real bad, but i knew there was no way to prepare for it, seeing we had no knowing he was sick. now, my grandmother, on the other hand, had cancer and died last february. i could prepare for that because my mom told me she was going to die within the next couple of days, so when she passed on i wasn't shocked.

again, i hope he pulls through.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

*refer to what I said on MSN*

:'(

PP:KUt

PP:KUt Banned

yeah...i feel sooo bad for this kid in my weight training class. he lives wit his grandpa, his lil bro and his dad. well anyways, his grandpa died of a heartattack. then an hour later, his dad died unexpectedly of a brain anurism, in the same house. i havent talked to him since...but im prayin for him too. things like this suck man, but i think your grandpa will pull thru!! just keep prayin man

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

*sigh* it makes me wonder why things like this happen......pain and suffer is not the way to go thru life
    best of luck

XxLPxX

XxLPxX Guest

Cancer also runs through my family, my grandmother had lung cancer, and died. My mother had a colon cancer, and got the polips removed and even showed us pictures.. then my mom had Thyroid Cancer, and got that removed.. I guess cancer is taking over her body.. oh and she had cancer in her Overies. I guess I'm telling you this to let you know I know what your going through, and if you ever need to talk. I'm here. Good Luck to you and grandpa..

[ XxLPxX ]

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

wow..i'm so sorry. best of luck to your grandfather. few people have already said it, just keep praying and you guys will make it through. i don't know really what to say. but know that everything happens for a reason. it may seem bad at first, but in the end something good will come out of it. and it might not be so obvious or so soon, but it's there.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

that sucks :( i had a friend who had cancer. i found out that she had cancer 4 days before she died. it sucked coz i was on holidays at the time and she told me on the phone so i couldnt do much before she died. anyway... good luck to him.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This just came from my grandma, good news guys! :D

"His chances of the colon being benign is good
    because of the pathology report showing no cancer but they don't want to
    not be sure that no cancer cells are in the colon. So this is a
    precautionary thing. Right now it shows he's cancer free."

Looks like he's gonna pull through :), thanks for all the IM's and posts of support you guys gave me, you don't know how much that helped, and I appreciate it more than you know!

Btw Benign=Cancer Free

American Nothing

American Nothing Well-Known Member

Good, Im glad. :) Thats made me happy..

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

I'm sorry I'm late Derek...It's good that the chances that he will recover are high...but I'm sorry I never found this thread in time to give you my support.

Things like this are hard...not knowing what's going to happen next...but the best thing you can do is just to keep your head up and think "nice" like you are now!

good luck to you and your family... :)

~Kat~

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Thats awesome. Hope he stays healthy :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

w00t! go grandpa!

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

yay i'm glad. he'll be alright. :)