Billboard Chart Positions - March 11th

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Billboard chart positons for March 11th;

<div align=center>
    Billboard Top 200 Albums Charts
    'Meteora' - #35 (Last Week - #35)
    'Live In Texas' - Off Charts (Last Week - #94)
    Billboard Top Music Video Charts
    'Live In Texas' - #1 (Last Week - #1)
    Billboard Pop Catalog Charts
    'Hybrid Theory' - #5 (Last Week - #5)
    Billboard Modern Rock Charts
    "Numb" - #8 (Last Week - #3)
    "Lying From You" - #17 (Last Week - #20)
    Billboard Mainstream Rock Charts
    "Numb" - #6 (Last Week - #5)
    Billboard Hot 100 Singles Charts
    "Numb" - #15 (Last Week - #14)
    Billboard Top 40 Tracks
    "Numb" - #12 (Last Week - #11)
    Billboard Top 40 Mainstream Charts
    "Numb" - #6 (Last Week - #5)
    </div>

In album news, 'Meteora' stayed at it's #35 position with help from surprise-hit "Lying From You", the radio-only single released four weeks ago. Meanwhile, 'Live In Texas' dropped off the Billboard Top 200 Albums charts and maintained it's number one position on the Top Music Video charts for a third straight week. On the pop catalog tallies, 'Hybrid Theory' stayed at #5 for a second straight week. In single news, the lone bright spot this week for Linkin Park was the rise of "Lying From You" to #17, up three spots from #20. "Numb" fell one spot since last week on the Mainstream Rock, Hot 100, Top 40, and Top 40 Mainstream charts, while it also dropped five spots to #8 on the Modern Rock charts.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Guess Numb's run is over. In a couple of weeks it will be off the charts. Gooooooo Lying From You!

Average Week.

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

ya and i guess Live In Texas isnt doing so well either? its off the charts? well i hope lying from does good! and breaking the habit does even better! lol :D yup and numb is over! lol but it made it pretty big! remember the good times

mazepa

mazepa Banned

to bad that numbs going off the charts oh well it did its time and probably made crap loads, well at least that leaves room for breaking the habit and lying from you, i hope lying from nocks the socks off all the songs on the charts, lol that song kicks ass, and dont get me wrong breaking the habit is good but its more steady... but hey, goo linkin park woo hoo! :lol: :D

Hm. No mention of 'From The Inside'... :mellow:

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

These are the charts for America only, thats why From The Inside isn't mentioned since its a european single.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Numb is loosing speed, but it's really normal as it's a while it has been there. As we see, LFY is climbing up pretty fast :D .

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

Hey guys? you know what? i was just listening to my december? why did they write that song for? and why hey chose december? its a good song! and my birthday is in december!! i know this has nothing to do with this but can some1 tell me? thanks

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Yeah, it climbed up 3 spots in one week. On my rock station LFY is #3...

1. Incubus - Megalomaniac
    2. A Perfect Circle - The Outsider
    3. Linkin Park - Lying From You
    4. Nickelback - Figured You Out
    5. lostphrophets - Last Train Home
    6. Evanescence - My Immortal
    7. Finger Eleven - One Thing
    8. The Vines - Ride
    9. 311 - Love Song
    10. Story Of The Year - Until The Day I Die

LinkinParksJessy

LinkinParksJessy New Member

NUMB is a very good song!!! but "From the inside" is better! alls ongs of LP are the best!! or? :D

mazepa

mazepa Banned

hey hey yah i like the song my december too, accually its like one of my favourites, and that s cool how your birthday is in that month, lol mines in august,...hmm that song i think, is trying to say..that there mabey trying to discribe the month and how its the end of the year and that perhaps they or someone said something to some one to make them feel bad and that there trying to say there sorry, that there willing to give up everything to have them back , and that they want to come home and have someone there, waiting for them?...well that what im guessing and that what i get from the song, hopefully it helped you out ^_^
    liz**

RemyAngelHahn

RemyAngelHahn Active Member

"i know this has nothing to do with this but can some1 tell me? thanks"

First off :joe: Hehe it's Joe's B-day...and Remy's...:devil: Alright, well, I think I've figured out My December, so here I go. ^_^

My theory on the whole song is that (as stated somewhere above) that yes, it's the last month of the year, and also the last chance for either party to apologize. I feel like the person this song is aimed towards is supposed to get a sense that the singer thinks that it's too late to say 'I'm sorry' to them. The singer just wanted to be with them, but messed thing up, and now they're just trying to get their broken-hearted message across. I used this song a LOT when I was writing lovesick and angsty scenes in my stories. :'(
    Well, that's my theory behind the song...don't be mad at me if I'm wrong... so :peace: out. :lol:
    oh, and we need a Remy icon...ASAP. :lol:

HybridCubanX

HybridCubanX Active Member

I'll add another spin to the theories that are being spewed about here on "My December".

I think that song was primarily written to reflect the loneliness that one may feel for being on the road for too long. (I.E going on tour non-stop) The month of December is supposed to symbolize an end of festivities and a beginning of future pleasant highlights. December represents for most people a time of tranquility and festivity, a time to be among friends and family.

However, in the song, Chester is singing about a place where he would like to go or just somewhere (or someone) he could go to, but alas the rigid schedules of touring prevent that from happening. Thus, "My" December is a goal that is meant to be reached but alas is not because of circumstance.

Just adding my own bit to the conversation. :innocent:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.