Cold Quits Geffen.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Mar 10, 2004.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Will told me that Cold may have been dropped, so I did a little searching and found this on the official Cold Message Board. Scooter Ward (Vocals) posted this:

"GEFFEN AND COLD HAD A DISAGREEMENT ON HOW TO PROMOTE OUR BAND. THEY WOULDNT DO WHAT WE WANTED SO WE ASKED IF THEY WOULD LET US GO. WE WILL BE WITH ANOTHER LABEL SOON. WE ARE SWITCHING LABELS. I'M SURE EVERYONE HERE CAN UNDERSTAND. WE NEED A LABEL TO BE WITH US INSTEAD OF HOLDING US BACK. IT'S BETTER FOR US AND BETTER FOR YOU. SEVENDUST IS STILL ON AND WE WILL START OUR NEW RECORD AFTER THE TOUR. IM SO THANKFUL TO THOSE OF YOU WHO STAND BESIDE US."

So Cold was not dropped, they quit. And I can't see them having any problems getting another label. "Year of the Spider" was incredible and any record company would be stupid to pass up a band with such talent.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Cold has been through a lot these past months. The singer going to rehab, the guitar player leaving to joing Evanescense, and now this.

Mark

But they're still continuing on with their tour with Sevendust, so they're not down and out yet. Scooter's doing better and they'll write new stuff right after the tour.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

What about Wasted Years? Do you still its still going to be released?

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Good. Evil controling labels :angry: .

Mark

It doesn't look like it. Maybe when they join the new label they'll release it.

lickin parks

lickin parks Member

I'm sure they'll work out a deal where they keep their material. Release the album with someone else. The band will go on!