Serial Sniper Sentenced

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Mar 9, 2004.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Nice alliteration, eh?

John Allen Muhammad has been sentenced to death today for his part in the Washington-area serial killings of 10 people in October of 2002. The judge had commented that the actions were beyond comprehension and that he's never seen any crimes of the same magnitude. His accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo was sentenced to life in prison without parole months before. Muhammad's lawyers had tried the insanity card earlier in his trial.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/LAW/03/09/snip...iper/index.html

He deserves it, for sure.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Hell yeah he deserves it. Die in pieces biatch.

limited_edition

limited_edition Well-Known Member

i dont know much about this but killing inocent people he deserves it for sure.

can you keep this topic as i dont hear much about it :D

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

The death penalty makes killers of us all

When you are murdered, rest in peace, John Allen Muhammad.

Faint.09

Faint.09 Well-Known Member

Ditto.

The punishment fits the crime. :wth:

Yeah, but I also think the death penalty is the only way to ensure that some hard-hearted criminals don't re-offend. For a lot of people convicted of murders and rapes, life doesn't always mean life. The sentence can always be reduced and life imprisonment could easily become 20 odd years in jail plus early parole for good behaviour. There have been a lot of child killers who wouldn't have been able to kill the people they killed if they'd be given the death penalty. So like I said, the death penalty does make us seem a bit hypocritical but in some cases, it's the only way to rid society of scumbags without overcrowding the prisons. :wth:

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Good. He really deserves that.

CoMpLeTe INsaNiTy

CoMpLeTe INsaNiTy Member

man, that guy sure deserves it. :angry: I was living there in virginia when it happened. It was just awful. My mom was scared to go outside and would not let use go anywhere by ourselves. Simply put, he is.....(was) a F'd up :censored: dude.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Example, what if the sniper was your dad? Or one of your best friends? Would you still stay:"Good, that ###### deserves it."

Its still really stupid to kill innocent people, but that guy needs some serious help instead of giving him some 10000volt through his body.

If im being unrealistic, slap me :mellow:

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

yay. its good news for me. that will serve the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents well. fair enough.

edit: hmm... whats with the illegitimate offpsring of unmarried parents crap? i didnt use that word. i used something else.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i didnt want him to get that, i wanted him to go to alcatraz and rot for his whole life

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Death is too much "the easy way". He will not suffer, he will not learn that what he did was bad... Life in prison would be the best.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

nah... i think its alright. i mean if they would give him 200 years of prison, then he wouldnt even be able to use what he learned... i think its alright if he just dies. and anyway, its a warning to all psychos out there.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

I do believe that in crimes such as this, the perpetrator deserves the death penalty. However, we as humans can never be 100% sure on whether a person actually committed a crime or not. Therefore, every once in a while we judge a person wrongly. We should never use the death penalty because of this, as soon as we put one person to death wrongly, we are murderers and are no better than the snipers. That's my stand on the death penalty.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Nope. They are killing him the wrong way. They need to release him so that he thinks he's free then kill him unsuspectingly from a sniper bullet. Just so he knows what it was like.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

:lol:

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I heard that they tried (Excuse any misspellings) eletricuting some guy and he survived so they let him go. *Shrugs* My history teacher told me that.

I think death is just the easy way out.

Meteora89

Meteora89 Well-Known Member

I am just glad he is gonna get what he deserves killing all those innocent people. My mom had a friend whos father was killed by that man.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

they don't do the electric chair anymore. it was outlawed.

anyway, i'm against the death penalty (one of the few things that i am against). i think they should've just given him life in prison without any chance for parole.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

they don't do the electric chair anymore. it was outlawed.

anyway, i'm against the death penalty (one of the few things that i am against). i think they should've just given him life in prison without any chance for parole. [/b][/quote]
    Same. Your only as good as him for killing the man who did the crime, and its not like your avenging the deceased's deaths or anything.