A Tribute to Tony V

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Captain-EO, Jul 29, 2022.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

HI everyone. I've had some sad news to share for a while, but wasn't sure how to best announce it to the community here. Our friend @Modern Guitar God , Tony, passed away back in April.

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/24552498/tony-o-vilaysack/findlay/ohio/crates-funeral

Around 2015 or 2016, Gibs, Tony, Michele, Brady and I all started talking in chats outside the forums, so we all got to know Tony decently well, especially for being Internet friends. Tony had a lot of trouble with depression and medical conditions that inhibited his ability to work. He didn't receive a lot of familial support and this put a strain on him. In the past couple of years he had a lot of struggles, as he had to drop out of art school due to finances and his therapist was forced to drop him due to their new insurance policy.

Nevertheless, he never failed to be funny and genuine. We made jokes about the llama farms where he was from and the various comical and odd reaction GIFs he would use, and he'd join in the fun and show his quick wit and love for ironic humor. He was always very willing to provide emotional advice to me during some rough spots, and while we offered as much advice to him as we could, he never asked for it.

We don't know the details of what happened nor will we speculate on it. But we thought it was only appropriate to let the LPA community know.

Rest in peace, Tony. You were a good friend.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    Dekar, Jesse, Deliveranze and 7 others like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Farewell Tony

I just cant belive that I have to write these words down, but here we are.

When I signed up on LPA, I didn't think I would make so many new friends, one of which was you. My English was pretty crappy at the beginning, but you helped me a lot to improve all the time. After a short while we started writing outside the forum and showed each other new music. I remember how we tried to play LoL together, which worked only sparsely with the different servers haha. At least it had worked with Minecraft, even if this was also short-lived, leide. At least we could over Discord us also times reder with each other, you were very calm and super cool.

I would like to thank you for all the wonderful years in and outside of the forum, because you have had an open ear for me even in difficult times and always tried to cheer me up when I was sad.

I wish I had taken the chance to meet you when you were in Belgium.

Even if you didn't want to believe it yourself, you were very talented in everything you did.

Even if you could not imagine it, but you meant a lot to me and the others and you are greatly missed by all.

You were one of the most popular users on LPA for a reason.

I hope that you have finally found peace where you are now.

You will be deeply missed.

Rest in peace my friend

With love

Michele

Dekar, Deliveranze, Nicholas and 5 others like this.
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The thing I'll remember most about Tony was he deep passion, be it his love of music or his artistic pursuits.

The other day I was listening to Coldplay's album Viva la Vida or Death and All Friends, and broke down a bit when I got to the hidden track on Yes, Chinese Sleep Chant. One of Tony's favorite genres of music was shoegaze, and that track was one of his favorites by Coldplay. It's a gorgeous track where the vocals take on more the part of an instrument, much like a lot of shoegaze music. I'll always associate that song with him.

A thing that always made me sad about Tony was how insecure he was, especially about his art and guitar playing, despite how talented he actually was. I can only speculate as to why he felt so down on his ability, but he had so much to offer. I just wish he had been able to realize those talents to their fullest extent.

I was in a group chat with the guy for years, and I smile thinking back on all the fun times we had. Tony was the reaction meme/gif king. Guy had the best "starter pack" ever. He'll be missed

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Wherever he may be now, I hope he's found his peace.

Dekar, Deliveranze, Nicholas and 5 others like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

OMG what? Rest in peace dude

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

That really sucks. I liked him. He was always friendly.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

This news was so devastating to hear.

Tony had always been a great friend to me throughout my time interacting on this site. I’m grateful for our interactions on and off this site. He was a hilarious friend, he’d be down to check out any music I was really into (despite the cringe shit I used to love), and he was always caring during my rough moments in life.

Like Gibs mentioned, it really hurt to see his insecurities get to him. He was not only passionate about his hobbies, but genuinely talented as well. I was really rooting for him to succeed in school and become a fashion design, and it wasn’t fair that forces beyond his control kept him doing so.

I truly regret that I hadn’t spoken to him more these past couple of years. I only hope now that he is resting in peace. Thank you for everything, Tony.

Deliveranze, Sasuke, Michele and 3 others like this.
    Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I feel horrible reading this.
    My thoughts go to friends and family...

Thank you for informing us ~

Honestly i am more speechless than anything

I hope you're resting truly.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Damn, this is horrible. Thanks for letting us know.
    I remember him as a talented, nice, friendly dude.
    I only knew him on here, but it felt like I was talking to a friend. I had some great conversations with him.
    He actually also enjoyed a lot of my obscure/heavy music I'm into (Converge, Death Metal etc. ...) It was pretty cool to find someone likeminded.
    Rest in peace Tony. I liked your presence on here and you seemed like a really cool guy to meet in real life.

Deliveranze, Gibs, Captain-EO and 3 others like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I am sorry to be so late to this, as I barely post on the forums as much as I used to, given that Linkin Park is on hiatus. But this is extremely sad to hear about. I definitely remember him, and while we didn't talk regularly like Gibs and Michele did with him, I always remember him as a very intelligent man and very kind. I appreciate you letting us know, and I'm sorry you had to lose such a close friend. May he RIP :(.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

My last post here was two years ago. Don't know why, but LPA re-entered my mind 10 mins ago, got curious and decided to take a peek. I didn't expect to discover this.

I talked to Tony often back when I was still here and getting to know him, I learned of his interests and passions, his insecurities and ultimately his battle with depression. Throughout the time we knew eachother, we talked about music, art, movies and, admittedly, a whole lot of nonsense too. Tony loved to joke around. I especially liked his piano playing and we even made some music together (most notably a Confetti Parade remix of Heavy, where he contributed beautiful piano pieces). I even remember him getting over his fears and starting art school. And even though he was afraid and felt super insecure, I could tell he was also very excited about it. I thought this was it, his new start.

Back then, someone very close to me was also fighting depression. I'm happy to say this person, my girlfriend then and now my fiancé, is feeling much better, with still some downs but mostly ups. But back then, times were very bleak for me. And when I needed to talk, Tony V. listened. Without question.

Hearing what these past few years must have been like for Tony... it hits me like a ton of bricks.

Tony, I'd like to think during the time I was here I listened when you needed a talk too, but I'm truly sorry I wasn't there afterwards. I'm saddened by your loss, but I'm glad to have known you, even if it was just a little. Wherever you are right now, I truly hope you've found peace.

Dekar, Deliveranze, Kevin and 3 others like this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I've been here less and less frequently over the years since the loss of Chester, but on occasion I still make sure to check up on LPA even if I don't have anything to say. I'm shocked and truly saddened to hear of Tony's passing. He was not only such a kind and welcoming presence to this forum, but it was his openness and genuine sincerity I appreciated the most. Being one of my favorite users here and someone whose posts I could often relate or agree with, I wish I had gotten to know him better aside from our few interactions on here. Tony, I hope you're at peace now.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Oh my fucking heart sunk just seeing this. Wtf. Tony and I always talked through the chat about hip hop along with minuteforce. Dude was chill and I always remember that he was going through some struggles around that time (2017-2018). I’m a bit more than shocked to read he has passed. He was a good friend here and he was always so nice to everyone.

Kevin, Gibs and Michele like this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

When I heard about this a couple months ago it hit me harder than I expected. He was always friendly and a great dude to have on the forum. Really awful and sad news. RIP.

Michele

Its really nice to see that a lot of people have to share a lot of positive storys with him. This makes me really happy (and sad at the same time).

Captain-EO likes this.
    Michele

Cant believe its already a year.

Hope you are enjoying things right now Tony. We miss you!

:chesterscandle:

Dekar, Kevin, Gibs and 1 other person like this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Miss you, Tony. You were so funny and kind all the time and made me laugh a lot, especially when I was a lonely college freshman. Our chat has been lacking in the reaction gifs department, none can replace the king.

Feels like longer than a year.

Dekar, Kevin, Gibs and 1 other person like this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I've always had a lot to say but couldn't articulate it, I still don't know how. I've typed numerous posts, both short and long, but never felt they adequately expressed how I felt. All I can say is Tony's presence, is missed dearly, both here and on Insta where I talked to him most.

Dekar, Kevin, Michele and 2 others like this.