Mike Shinoda - Ziggurats | New 4-Track EP Mixtape Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Dec 2, 2021.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Mike has released a new Mixtape titled Ziggurats today, a new 4-track mixtape that runs for a total of 6:45. The new work from Mike was first released as a collection of 5000 generative mixtape NFT's with unique art and sound over the course of two days, and has been released on public streaming sites on December 3, 2021. It's out now on Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube and any other music streaming service.

[​IMG]

01. Genius Bar - 2:21
    02. Richard Bachman - 1:23
    03. Cheat Codes - 0:41
    04. Ctrl C Ctrl V - 2:17

Apple Music | Spotify
    Private NFT sale was on December 1 with public sale being December 2, for more information on that you can visit ziggurats.xyz.

The mixtape is largely Mike dropping a series of rap verses over instrumentals for almost 7 minutes. There's also a clean radio edit version available. What do you think of Ziggurats? Let us know on the forum!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Good to hear his voice again.

I really like the last one, CTRL C CTRL V. That has a really nice vibe and stands out the most of the "beats" imo.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Really dope 90s hip hop throwback stuff. Shinoda went hard. Probably his most punchline/wordplay-oriented rapping he's ever done.

Production was....ehhh...but hes doing a 90s throwback so ill give it a pass. Would rather here more stuff like the 2 songs he produced for AmirSaysNothing.

I'm very happy to finally get a new project tho after 3 years.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Here's the lyric video

Michele likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Booo

NFTs

I'm not clapping for this.

Dekar, The Free Element and Brandon like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You can still enjoy the EP without having anything to do with NFTs so I don't really see the complaint other than just to hear yourself. ‍♂️

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

Finally Shinoda doing Shinoda and not something that aims to be Tik Tok friendly music like that terrible Happy Endings. Solid release, you can also google Ziggurats drop and check all the different instrumentals, cool thing

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

CTRL C CTRL V was the hardest joint as a song but Genius Bar was definitely the nicest flexing on the tape.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Which begs the question... What's the point of having an NFT at all? It literally adds nothing to the music. Different beats for each sale doesn't require an NFT either. In fact every single thing that is "special" about NFTs can be done better and more efficiently without them.

That's not to mention that NFTs aren't actually the item. You're not buying a picture or a song or a 3D object or any media when buying an NFT, you're buying a URL to an item that doesn't have to be unique and that can be changed at any time, you don't have ownership of the song, or any media or a license to use its copyright or trademark or anything. You're buying Nothing when you purchase an NFT.

It's value is purely based on speculative engagement and tricking people into believing they have an inherent tangible value so that you can then have someone else buy it at a higher price.

NFTs are garbage, they're a scam. Mike getting lost in the nonsesense and becoming a CryptoShill is quite unfortunate, especially now that his Twitter is full of crypto junk. He's also offered zero actual benefits that NFTs bring, and instead keeps pouting magical thinking of "Just imagine If" and "Smarter people will think of it!" even when people more knowledgeable and smarter than him have tried to explain just how wrong he is and the negative impact NFTs have on privacy, security, peoples financial health and the environment.

So no, my complaint is not just to hear myself. NFTs are useless and a fucking scam.

I'm not clapping for when one of my favorite and most respected artists falls down such an ugly rabbit hole, where he refuses to actually listen to anyone who objects to the scam, while still pretending to care about civility.

I'm not clapping.

Essential viewing on why NFTs suck.

BTW, sorry if anyone thinks my tirade against NFTs is a thread derail but the thread is literally about NFT "Music". (The actual music isn't an NFT)

My opinion on the music itself is, it's pretty neat and sounds good.

Iopia and Dekar like this.
    AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

I'm so happy Mike is back! Dope tracks! Love you all guys and gals ❤️