New Music By End Of 2004

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    karen

karen New Member

All I want to know is if they come from Brazil this year?
    Plesase someone answer me :blush:

K1mm33

K1mm33 Guest

Yes, but by the time this new stuff is released, it'll be over a year after LIT was released. [/b][/quote]
    That's true, but look at it like this. One year after LIT and they came out with another 'filler', no actually album. So in essence, in a span of almost two years they came out with a Live CD/DVD, a possible remix and then a full album, which is quite a stetch for a fairly fresh band.

But you're right, there is a year difference between LIT and the other album which is quite reasonable if not smart :)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

They said that they weren't going to come out with a remix album for Meteora.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

They said that they weren't going to come out with a remix album for Meteora. [/b][/quote]
    I don't think you read the post correctly. He said he wants the remixes to be done in reanimation style. Totally reworked and maybe guest vocals. He even said " I highly doubt this is gonna be an entire album of 'new' stuff". I think most people on these boards already get the idea that there won't be a Meteora remix album. Unlike some people on other boards... *cough* LPMB *cough* :whistle:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Oh, don't even get me started on the LPMB.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Haha :lol: Teenie over run. People don't know how to use the search feature. I can't post anymore and I don't even know why. So I'm staying here. You can't even register anymore over there. Anywho back to the topic, I hope the "new material" is a little more balanced out than Meteora was. HT had more balanced songs where everyone had some song time and you didn't end the song feelin like "Where was Joe?" or "NO MIKE?" or "Man Chester only has the chorus and it SUCKS!" So maybe Meteora was just a 'learn from some mistakes' type deal. I write songs and I know how it is when you make a CD. You have so much stored up stuff to write about at first but on the CD you have to dig a little harder because you poured your heart out on the first CD.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Sick news but I already heard about this a couple of weeks ago :D

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

:wth: Me, too. I posted about it somewhere. I just don't know where...

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I read about it on the LPU like 3 or 4 weeks ago, someone posted it in there

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I read about it on the LPU like 3 or 4 weeks ago, someone posted it in there [/b][/quote]
    What, do you guys want cookies or something for that?

lol, Well, I don't have any, so pretend I gave you some :p.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

What, do you guys want cookies or something for that?

lol, Well, I don't have any, so pretend I gave you some :p. [/b][/quote]
    lol cookies sound good, what kind?

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

First of all, I never said they wouldn't make it. I just said I was losing hope in the band with their recent decisions.

Secondly, how can you like their new music if you haven't heard it yet? We have a term at the LPMB for this, but I won't say it in here. Do some searching.

Lastly, I've said this time and time again, and I believe it bears repeating now (Fell in love with a girl, I fell in love at once and most come-- :wth: ). Nowhere in the rules does it state that you have to be a totally dedicated fan to be here. I'm sure it's perferred that one would in the middle of 'hater' and 'omgliektotallydedicatedlolz' for the sake of positivity on these boards, but it's not mandatory. If it was, it'd be pretty much like the book, 1984, and that would suck.

(okay, I'll admit that I haven't read the book, but I have a general idea of what it's like thanks to some of my teachers.)

Anyways, this thread has already been cluttered with this. If you want to continue the discussion, PM me. [/b][/quote]
    Listen i just wanted to say i didnt respect you're opinion and ''Fell in love with a girl, I fell in love at once and most come'' whats that supposed to mean??? and i bet you anyone here think ur not a true fan of linkin park because you are losing hope! thank you goodbye

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Come on, I asked you nicely to use the PM button if you wanted to discuss this further.

It's a White Stripes reference.

Oh no. You said I'm not a true fan. I am soooooooo hurt. :rolleyes:

As for the so-called 'true fans' thing, there's no such thing as true fans. There's three categories as I see it to fans: dedicated fans, normal fans, and teenies.

You're gonna hear a lot of things you don't like. My advice to you is to get a head start by getting over it, and learning to accept others opinions, even if you disagree with them.

Now, if you want to continue this, PM me, because this thread has already been cluttered enough with our horsepuckey.

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

I think so. Live In Texas is Meteora Remix... less or more. So this one gonna be a new stuff. If not - it will be pointless... it will be second remix or Meteora.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I'm excited, but not so much.

I mean, LP is my favorite band...has been since I saw Crawling. I love them, and through HTEP and HT the music was some of the best out there, everything. Their sound was almost fully original, there lyrics made an impact on society, everything about them was just great. And I'm pretty sure everyone on these boards fell in love with Hybrid Theory, and Hybrid Theory EP.

Then Reanimation came out. It wasn't bad, and I liked/like most of the songs, with few exceptions. I kind of backed away from LP thinking "ok..a remix album after their first major LP...hmm?". But still, I enjoyed the remixes, and since they hadn't had a new album out for a little over 2 years, it it tided me over for a new one.

And then Meteora came out, and with all the hype it was an awesome CD. I thought it better than HT....until 2 weeks later when I was tired of it so much that I didn't listen to it from April to July, I only listened to HT. Well, yes HT is a great album...but after you listen to it a billion times, it gets a little old. Meteora was very disappointing. Sure they had some stuff that stuck out, Breaking The Habit for example. I was hoping it was gonna be this really hard, heavy -yet -emotional song. Well it was emotional...but really, really soft. To me, that was the only song that stuck out. I liked Hit The Floor, Lying From You wasn't bad, From the Inside got a few listens, but really, Meteora just didn't hit me.

So what I'm trying to say is that in the last 4-5 years LP has went downhill and even more downhill, and I really don't think its them. I believe its Warner, and I also believe that Don Gilmore waters down everything entirely to much. I hope for whatever comes out to be produced and mixed by LP themselves. I also hope that they do some stuff they've never done before. I'm not expecting a brand new 12 song CD, but I really don't want another remix album. I wouldn't mind b-sides either. I'm really excited and interested in hearing new stuff, but if it turns out like Meteora, than I'm really gonna have to think about whether I think they are as talented as they used to be.

All in all I'm ready for it, but I don't want to get too excited and figure out its a dud.

Edit: Dunno if I trust that Tribnet site, they obviously don't know Chester's name for they refer to him as "Bennington", they think Pheonix is with some Italian Mob.."Darren Farrellis", and they forgot Mike completely while describing the band....ay yi yi.

mazepa

mazepa Banned

:eek: . dude long enough, wow! and yah i agree no more remix albums. i do like how you had the time to post this! :) ....dont ask, im having a moment......... ;)

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

Amen, though I did like Reanimation, it was different.

Faint.09

Faint.09 Well-Known Member

Remixes are OK. Reanimation was good, but another remix....Well I dunno if it would be as great. I think something like unreleased tracks or something would be awesome.

Suffice

Suffice Well-Known Member

I actually prefered Reanimation to Hybrid Theory.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

well they said new meterial, not old material with a neqw twist, so hopefully real songs we never heard before!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.