Guess the Sound of the Remaining Unheard of Post Traumatic Tracks

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by StrictlyJohnD, May 12, 2018.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

So we finally learned what the 16 tracks on Mike's solo album are. We already heard PTS, OA, WMAIF, CTL, NMSA, and AY, but can't help but wonder what the ten other tracks will sound like.

Simply put, this thread is about having fun with figuring it all out to the best of our abilities. I think this board has done this for the LP albums before they were dropped.

6. "Brooding" -- Slow, dirge-like with some haunting effects

7. "Promises I Can't Keep" -- Organic, drum and bass-driven number with Mike alternating between mournfully crooning and aggressively rapping

9. "Hold It Together" -- A poppy, mid-tempo ballad with a -- wait for it -- gospel choir rounding out the song

10. "Ghosts" -- "Kenji" meets "Until It Breaks" with a goth feel

11. "Make It Up as I Go" (featuring K. Flay) -- Imagine "Heavy" if it were rap

12. "Lift Off" (featuring Chino Moreno and Machine Gun Kelly) -- When you have Chino Moreno in your back pocket, shit could either be moody or macabre. Let's swing for the fences since there's also Machine Gun Kelly and brand this an unwitting club banger written by Mike

13. "I.O.U." -- Perhaps a sequel to OA

14. "Running From My Shadow" (featuring Grandson) -- Mike starts softly singing his pain away before firing off salvos at his grief with Grandson zoning in and out with a Weeknd-like hook

15. "World's on Fire" -- Spoken word and percussion

16. "Can't Hear You Now" -- This one will likely leave the most hardened LP fan searching for Kleenex

Deliveranze and viktorignatov77 like this.
    viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

So here is my guess(and I wanna make it more interesting with possible track times)

6."Brooding" -- Something like Tinfoil or The Requiem, slow transitional track between About You and Promises I Can't Keep -- around 1.30-1.40

7. "Promises I Can't Keep" -- A mid-tempo, chord-driven track like Crossing a Line with rap verses and some really easy-remembering chorus. Expecting some cool melodies here. -- 3.40

9. "Hold It Together" -- A drumless track with some strings and like the tread maker said, choir powah! -- 3.10-3.20

10. "Ghosts" -- All rap driven track, high-tempo, sick beat and melodies here. -- 2.50-3.00

11. "Make It Up as I Go" (featuring K. Flay) -- Here I agree with the tread maker, but I expect K.Flay on choruses, Mike on verses and maybe both on bridge. -- around 3.45 or even 4 min

12. "Lift Off" (featuring Chino Moreno and Machine Gun Kelly) -- Oh boy, here I don't know what to expect or even guess. Mix from the three artists' styles, but instrumentaly Mike's. Maybe longest song on album. -- 4.30-4.45

13. "I.O.U." -- Deep, heartbreaking lyrics with minor-sounding chords on soft synth with a clean guitar over them. Even if it is late in the tracklist, I still feel it will be a pretty dark song. -- around 3.25

14. "Running From My Shadow" (featuring Grandson) -- Mike singing like on NMSA, Grandson on the hook, maybe a little more mellow version of About You, call it even a sibling for track 5.

15. "World's on Fire" -- High-tempo, sick melodies, lyrics that are inspired by chaotic thoughts, a little longer than it must be. -- 4.15

16. "Can't Hear You Now" -- Soft, piano-driven song with some percussion and kicks, synth kicking in the choruses, ballad-like song to close the album calmly, but again maybe one of the darkest songs on the album. -- 3.35

Notes: I expect that the album will have transitions between the songs, even after we heard the first 5 songs that sound like they don't have any.

Deliveranze likes this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Remember when we played this One More Light and the majority of people assumed that a track titled Battle Symphony would have heavy guitars and screaming

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I remember. I thought it was going to be something HT-esque, too. Of course it wasn't, but was a good track from OML nonetheless.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Alright, this is my kinda thread. Love speculation shit.

Brooding- This will be Mike sampling the Teletubbies theme song, distorting it to give it a creepy vibe.

Promises I Can't Keep- This will likely be Mike's confession that THP wasn't #Visceral enough, and an apology like "In Between" to fans who were expecting more V I S C E R A L music.

Hold It Together- Mike totally broke a vase at some point in his life. He probably will rap using glue/military metaphors about putting those pieces back together while comparing the vase to a FIVE STAR Yelp-rated, GENERAL store-purchased, INFANTRY war movie DVD with a free remote CONTROLLER bundle pack he felt ripped off from.

Ghosts- Ya know when you're alone and think there's a ghost in your home? So does Mike. A friendly radio track that everyone can relate too.

Make It Up As I Go- Mike needs to redeem himself from that 2002 Wake Up Show Freestyle screw up. Mike and K Flay will trade bars back and forth about Flannel shirts, Emails, and subliminal CHVRCHES disses.

Lift Off- Mike is a Star Wars fan, so Mike will rap about being transported into a galaxy far far away to escape the realities of life. Mike will rap as Obi-Wan while MGK as Darth Vader, and Chino Moreno will sing a hook with the melody of the SW theme song.

I.O.U.- A spiritual successor to Where'd You Go/Sorry For Now. This time Mike is rapping from the perspective of someone who never buys groceries on time and when the family opens their fridge, an I.O.U. note is left because they always forget to pick up milk. A much more somber track than usual.

Running From My Shadow- Mike realizes it's impossible to escape the legacy of red-haired, earring, nu-metal and tries to move on from the legacy that Meteora is his best album.

World's On Fire- Mike knows global warming is important to discuss. An eco-friendly track.

Can't Hear You Now- Mike can't hear his haters because he only does email responses and print interviews.

This is satire. Please don't ban me for this.

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

But that FM's Get Me Gone reference tho:kappa:

Deliveranze likes this.
    Ksandory

Ksandory Well-Known Member

I join in here for some predictions!

6."Brooding" -- Well, sounds like another dark one, I guess more silent, thinkful and I hear some elextric Vocoder stuff (The Catalyst)

7. "Promises I Can't Keep" -- Yep! I hear more up-tempo raps shit here! A mix between Crossing a Line / About you

9. "Hold It Together" -- This one is hard to intercept! But I guess a radio friendly, calm song minor rap and more singing.

10. "Ghosts" -- I see a sick music video for this one! Mike is wandering through his own house singing and rap! Excited!

11. "Make It Up as I Go" (featuring K. Flay) -- This reminds me of the verse "lift me up, let me go!" also from The Catalyst

12. "Lift Off" (featuring Chino Moreno and Machine Gun Kelly) -- What should I say?! Im so excited for so much tracks that still coming towards us! 3 great artists I dont want to predict that one :neiner:

13. "I.O.U." -- "I owe you" That gives me goosebumps just to think about that deep lyrics behind this. I predict "Post TraumaticĀ“s" - One more light here!

14. "Running From My Shadow" (featuring Grandson) -- On the contrary to "About you" Mike more singing here and Grandson adds a different style to this one.

15. "World's on Fire" -- Most tempo on the album, maybe some hard guitars and drums! Angry rap from Mike!

16. "Can't Hear You Now" -- Deep and dark lyrics again, but Mike continuous the lyrics from Crossing a Line here. Looking towards future and let the past go!

Note: Mike Kenji Shinoda is a wizard, we all know! Wizards arenĀ“t predictable!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

06 - 16. all of them -- nu-metal downtuned riffage.

Ksandory

Ksandory Well-Known Member

I wonder if Mike lurks here and laughing hard "They have no clue" :shifty: