REMIX POST TRAUMATIC - Presented By AltWire

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Yyyyyeah... I no longer think that I have a chance to get into the top 5. :lol:

Good luck to everyone! Even the (obvious) winners!

3. xefuzion

xefuzion Active Member

Was all about the challenge to make something in a few days, I don't do well under strict time constraints :kappa:

GLHF those that entered!

4. giordanno92

giordanno92 Active Member

Hi, guys. I just got Place to Start and Over Again for the contest here. Would love to know what you guys think. It's been so long since I got this stressed with finishing a remix (last time was probably with a LPA Mix up):
    https://soundcloud.com/rafaelgiordanno/sets/post-traumatic-ep-remix

I had a concept for remaking the EP before Mike released the acapellas and instrumentals. This concept is clear with Place to Start and the beginning of Over Again. Unfortunately I rushed Over Again and had zero time to work on Watching as I Fall.

I'm only starting to hear the remixes now and we got some really awesome material over here! This competition is gonna be crazy! One of my favorites is Over Again by Elaine, I got chills when the orchestration kicked in with marching drums, bells and a Place to Start in the end. xefuzion's mix is rock solid with all the crazy production, stabs, key changes, aaaah this is gonna be tough. Good luck, everyone!
    PS: how the heck did xefuzion managed to embed the SC player? I keep getting that the URL is not valid :samuel:

Edit: thanks for the reply @minuteforce !

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  5. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Blah, I'm probably just being paranoid, but I noticed that for whatever reason, my entry isn't showing up in the #RemixPostTraumatic tag on SoundCloud, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I submitted it with that tag in both the genre and "additional tags" field, and you can see that it's tagged when you view my entry directly: https://soundcloud.com/anthonystaten/place-to-start-a-staten-remix but it just doesn't show up when you actually search the tag. I'm stumped (and clearly don't use SoundCloud much).

Any advice, or am I good? lol.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The tag search isn't completely thorough, and I don't know how the results get ordered, but you can probably find your entry just by scrolling down far enough. Your entry is in our full list that's being reviewed. :)

What you do is you find the 9-digit SoundCloud upload ID number in the embed code for your track, and insert that between two "SOUNDCLOUD" tags in your post. :)

giordanno92 likes this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Don't worry, it made it onto the list of submissions

8. zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Wasn't really my intention but you're actually right. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me. :lol:
    Why submit early if you can still improve your remix like 2 hours before deadline. :awesome:

9. Elaine

I made mine in 7 days! I wanted to leave some room between submission and deadline so I could take down and reupload it if I found something critic, which I did. :)

10. Den Solo

Den Solo New Member

Hey @ all competitors and team LPA :)

I rarely ever write in forums and tend to avoid public writing all together, but this is so super cool.

Everyone in my closer circle is tired of me talking on and on about ideas about production and I figured if there is any place that someone might be interested talking about the remix thing, this is it haha
    I listened to Reanimation alone least a hundred times.
    The sound and everything about that album was so many years ahead of its time. I tried to soak up every bit of information I could find about how Mike and the band produced and when it said mike is launching I remix competition I got way too excited.
    A bit sad, for me, is that I found out about it only a few days before the deadline.
    Well I then put my coffee machine to good, good use and that friendly machine helped me avoid sleep and progress was good.
    Until yesterday, around 2 PM in Germany. When Ableton, a usually reliable software, crashed for the first time while having made many hours of meaningful progress before.
    Usually, there's a autosave function that rebuilds steps before the crash. But it does not work for steps taken in certain plugins and synthesizers.
    Of course, I spent the last few hours before that on building sounds in synthesizers.

That was a bit of a depressing experience, to say the least.

In all honestly, I was close to not giving the thing a try anymore.

I then decided: attempt at art > health, and, hello coffee machine.

In hindsight, I wished to have had a bit more time to work on the song. But, hey. It's so cool this event exists in the first place.

The idea with my track was to combine 2 songs, that inspired me a lot, with a kind of lofi, darker, chill feel that I feel is what my most recent tracks are like.

The first one is Gemini by What So Not. It has a beautiful not tooo ravy electronic drop and that felt appropriate to a song like that.

The other one is DJ-jos remix of the last final hours in Zelda's Majora's Mask.
    It creates a beautiful haunting and dramatic atmosphere and also felt fitting.

I heard a lot of the other remixes and there a really good one's among them.

If anyone wants to listen to my final thing, it is here:
    https://soundcloud.com/densolo/over-again-den-solo-remix

Uploaded it and filled in the form 22 minutes before the deadline he.
    Is there any way to see if it made it in time?

Thanks for putting this competition up :)

Best from Cologne

Den

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Your entry is in the full list of entries which was reviewed.

To anyone else who's going to ask this: if you successfully filled in and submitted the form, then, you entered in time.

12. alejandro

alejandro New Member

13. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Fuck sake I wish I could have entered.

14. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

15. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Hey guys, figured I'd share my remix here. I entered it in time if you guys are wondering haha

https://soundcloud.com/intensityjs/mike-shinoda-over-again-intensity-remix

This is my 2nd over again remix too. I hated the first one I made, and it also sampled other LP songs which is a no-go as far as this contest goes. I'm quite happy with it, but in retrospect I probably would've spent more time on mixing/mastering.

Either way comments are appreciated. :)

16. zwieR.Z.

Made a simple lyric video for my remix if anyone's interested.

17. andrew_potapov

andrew_potapov light.in.mist

Could you tell please what was the idea to put the lyrics about the girl who left? I cannot understand how it fits to the song.

18. Elaine

19. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Uh I think you meant to tag zweiR.Z not me.

20. zwieR.Z.

I always wonder who's that zweiR.Z guy everyone's talking about. :kappa:

Obviously many Linkin Park fans assume that Over Again is a song about Chester and his death. In my opinion it's not REALLY about that. To me the song is about how hard it is to accept the fact that the person you love is not in your life anymore and how much your struggle to let it go and start living again. And knowing how raw, honest and personal Post Traumatic is, I kinda wanted to respect that approach in my remix. That's why I decided to write my own verse instead of just making a new instrumental. I didn't want to rap about Chester though as I think it would probably sound cheap and not very "real" compared to the verse by Chester's best friend. Instead I wanted to kinda "develop" song's main topic by giving it an additional perspective, based on my own experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.