New EP Titled 'Post Traumatic' Released from Mike Shinoda, Includes Three New Songs

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 25, 2018.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Not necessarily, given that the song is about the concert he might have just done it as a thematic thing for the visual aspect of the video.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Ah, well I'll be damned.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Mike,

I don't know if you ever read comments in boards like these, but I hope you know that you have a fan base here and around the world that is so loyally dedicated to you that they will do their best to support you no matter what. You have TOUCHED so many lives. You have touched MY life for 17 years. I think I can speak for a vast majority of fans when I say we took that for granted. These videos and songs you poured your fucking heart into show that there are no words anyone can offer that can dig you out of the situation you've had to bear since July 20th.

I'll be honest, man...my heart fucking hurts for you. It hurts bad. I never thought I could cry so sincerely for someone I've never met face-to-face. Since Chester passed I've thought so much about not only Talinda and the children, but also how impacted you, Rob, Dave, Joe, and Brad are. I've loved what YOU'VE done for ME since I was 8 years old. I want nothing more than to give back, and to support you. Your gifts should NEVER go to waste. You are so profoundly talented in your ability to create art that has an unmistakable ability to resonate with people.

I just saw a man I've looked up to for 17 years look desperate and lost at the end of that final video. I watched your livestream for the One More Light live album and saw the genuine hurt in your eyes when you just couldn't listen anymore. It pains me to know there isn't anything I can do to directly help you. I just hope you know that YOU combat all that chaos and pain and confusion you talked about at the end of that last video with your music. You help make such a huge difference for SO MANY PEOPLE with the songs you create.

I don't know man...I'm just rambling but I hope you know that so many of your fans aren't just "fans". The connections you've made with these people you've impacted over the years are so much deeper than that. They're here to support you. All of us are. Your life's work is safe with us.

Much love,

Ben

Ksandory

Ksandory Well-Known Member

That was a really touching letter Ben,

thank you for this. I just want to say that Mike as you said too, he has not just "fans".
    Many of us will never meet him in reallife, BUT it almost feel like it!

Mostly of us heard and followed Linkin Park when we were in childhood in the 00´s... and keep doing this for all these years now!
    Mike is just really direct on social media not just talking over the media with us.
    He spread his thoughts, fears, anger out the world... and helping many people with it who feel the same.

All I want to say with that is, Mike is really unique in this behavior.

He built a incredible "Fanbase" but I would rather choose "big family"

Thank you and theres a "Place to start!" :)

IronDust71 likes this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm away from the forums for a couple of days and only now do I find out Mike has released an EP out of no where. I didn't expect anything this early but after listening to all 3 tracks and even though it's under dark and heavy circumstances which none of us ever wanted or envisaged, this is a very welcome surprise. The lyrics are heartfelt and personal going through the many emotions we all face in our daily lives specifically when we lose someone; pain, anger, heartbreak, confusion, Mike covers all of this over the 3 tracks and does so brilliantly and potently. You can feel what he's gone through and this is really touching for the fans as we still grieve the loss of our hero, Chester.

The production, the visuals, the lyrics, the rapping and singing is all done fantastically well by Mike and all those involved. Over Again is my favourite, I had absolute goosebumps when listening to that song from start to finish. To me, it's the perfect song to sum up the last 6 months. The other 2 tracks are awesome and do the same but something about Over Again really stuck with me.

Mike, you are a real hero, a real inspiration to us all and I and all the Linkin Park fans worldwide thank you for this. Much love.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can say from personal knowledge that Mike does read fan forums. I can't promise he reads every single news thread (as I'm not Mike and thus have no way of knowing that), but there's always the chance he'll be in this thread anonymously looking at comments on the EP.

Regardless, this is a beautiful letter and sums up how I feel too. It's devastating when someone you've always viewed as a pillar of strength for you (due to their relatable lyrics), expresses feelings of hopelessness and desperation and hurt. It's why the fans have to continue to be supportive. The uniqueness of this loss, is that so many people are affected by it. Millions. Not just Mike, his family, and the band...so many people. We all weirdly feel like we've lost a friend, a brother or family member...and I think everyone has a Chester story. It's why we can't just take Linkin Park's comforting of the fans for granted, without giving back. For the band, and their families need our help to heal, just as much as we need theirs. We're in this together.

Abel likes this.
    KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

I listened to the EP yesterday, and the amount of goosebumps I felt was nothing I ever experienced before. I felt the anger, confusion- Every single emotion pouring out of that brilliant, caring, talented man. Which, he has ever right to feel those things, and I'm so proud, and honored that he's willing to express those emotions with us, the fans when he really doesn't have to. I hope nothing but the best when considering what "Place To Start" regarding Linkin Park's, and his personal future. I hope he knows that we have his, and the rest of Linkin Park's back when it comes to deciding.
    If you ever get the chance to read this Mike, continue doing what you do best which is expressing yourself through the music you love. Also, please continue being strong through this, and we all will do the same.

@Ben Thank you for that great, and beautiful letter. You pretty much summed up how I felt as well.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Place To Start is just brilliant lyrically. Especially the "did somebody else define me? Can I put the past behind me? Do I even have a decision? Feeling like I'm living in a story already written."

To me that is such a profound line, because to me it helps to provide a good insight into how Mike was feeling right after Chester passed. The feelings of uncertainty that he likely had, considering he had so many plans for a future with the band and places they could go...and now with Chester's passing everything they had built together was at risk of coming undone.

Deliveranze and SmallCapybara like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Wish I could be as articulate as some of you guys, honestly. I'm so bad at expressing thoughts but a lot of these posts have nailed it for me. Hopefully Mike and the band sees them.

IronDust71, Nicholas and Deliveranze like this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

These songs really digs into your brain and eats away at you.

Sonic, Vdalem and Sasuke like this.
    insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Super late in posting this and meant to do this yesterday, but if your reading: Thank you Mike. I know it must've been really hard to to make this EP, and I think maybe part of you made it, because making music is perhaps your default mode and you didn't know what else to do. I mean how long have you been making music for now? and I've heard it can be cathartic, I must've been a release to do this. I really like those 3 songs a lot. Especially "Over Again" is really catchy, I hope that isn't offensive, bur it's been in my head since yesterday, it feels like a professionally made studio album song, not something you made in your own time. I don't mean to be insensitive here, but great job. I also love "A place To Start" as I so relate to the lyrics so much. The same can be said for "Watching as I Fall"

I don't know if I should should even say this, (and I haven't yet read any comments, I jumped straight into posting this, but I will) but I think you should release them as a CD, and maybe even the rest of the band could make there own songs or contribute to it as well, to give them their release, I'm thinking it could tide you over until you decide what to do. I have ideas about what I'd like for the future of the band, it's not my place to say. Whatever you decide, I'll support.

Thank you Mike and thank the rest of band and all the fans out their too, we've all helped each other.

ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

Probably the biggest news site in the Netherlands is mentioning MIke's EP.
    Didn't expect this much attention for it.
    It's been about 24 hours since it's release and boy does it keep getting better! Three great tracks, especially Over Again.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

wow this is fire! Love it Mike

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

I am just impressed. Mike is such a genius. Some of the lyrics are pretty heartbreaking though. I really hope he is doing ok

SmallCapybara and Vdalem like this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

After hearing the EP, I feel that it makes total sense for Mike to use his name as a solo artist for tracks like these. He can actively grieve and heal this way. When it’s time for him and the rest of the band to come together and rebuild, the new music won’t be so oriented with this subject matter. I’m happy Mike is letting it out. I’m happy Mike is also letting it out in a way that we all can relate to and also heal from it. We (and mike) are finally at “a place to start” to get out of being stuck in all of this. For that, I am grateful.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

He may have done this cause it also shows us that we were the only ones that was hurting over our loss of Chester.
    The guys lost their bandmate and best friend. Mike knows he need to be "The Glue" someday.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Paradigm

Paradigm Member

I loved the audio log at the end of the EP. What a crazy touch and perspective of how he sounds and feels.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I know Mike's a musician through and through so I thought he'd turn to music as a medium to express things. I did not however expect him to attack it this directly and raw. I'm so glad he shared this.

Sasuke, Blake, minuteforce and 2 others like this.
  20. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

The best work from Mike imo. So honest and deep. He let his walls fall and revealed his real self here. And it's amazing.

Sasuke and Ree like this.