What's your first song you listened to from linkin park and when ?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Marchino21i, May 15, 2017.

Tags:
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

'One Step Closer', on the local "hit music station" while drifting off to sleep one night in like February or March of 2001. Was weird because apparently it had been a huge hit for months before, but having listened to the station it was the first time I heard it.

I kept listening to the station and next time it came on I recorded it on a little blank cassette, then just finally buying the album a week or so later.

about2break likes this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

In The End, something around 2002.
    I was at my cousin's and i remember listening to it and Lose Yourself (Eminem) in one of those home-burned cd's. We didn't even had the name of the songs.
    I really liked both, but we were just 10 y/o and didn't went too far to discover about them. No internet and such.

The year i really started to listen to LP was 2005, wanting to find the band members names and all of that. Numb, Faint and From the Inside were the songs that caught my attention, so Meteora has lots of value for me. I remember listening to Numb/Encore on radio, while travelling with my family, and i didn't knew who the other rapper was, i didn't understood at the time why the fuck the song Numb was so different on the radio compared to the version i had burned on my old cd.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

In The End, 2001, I was 11 years old
    ... damn now I feel old

I remeber seeing the music video on MTV for the first time one Saturday morning. I knew about the band before, since my cousin was already a huge fan and constantly went on about this awesome new band called Linkin Park. Next time I passed by a local record store with my mum I went ahead and bought the single. Soon I was craving for more LP and bought the Papercut single, too. I don't know why I didn't just buy the full album, but now it's cool since they're two items in my LP collection with huge sentimental value. I love how both CDs had the music video as a bonus content. I bought the full album shortly after anyway. I've been hooked ever since.

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

Forgotten from a Dragonball Z Anime Music video.

Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

What I've Done from a Naruto AMV. I think I was 10 at the time.

Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

What I've Done from the first Transformers film

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Numb in 2006.

Basically when I was really young I didn't really listen to much music outside of Christian Rock such as Relient K, P.O.D., Skillet, Switchfoot, and even Toby Mac (not rock I know). The only secular artists I listened to were Weird Al and N-Sync :D . Back in 2004, I got into my first secular band/song becoming addicted to Sum 41's "Fat Lip." Even with this I still didn't branch much out into the vast variety of music I listen to know. This all changed in 2006. 2006 was when I got huge into music and looking back I can't believe I wasn't into music that crazily earlier in my life because no music is my entire life. What actually got me huge into music was receiving Guitar Hero I as a birthday present in 2006. I was huge into videogames way more than music at the time. Now, Linkin Park wasn't in Guitar Hero until GH4 so I don't know where this story is really leading haha. Sometime in 2006 I discovered Numb and became addicted instantly to Linkin Park. I was in love with their two albums at the time when I finally heard them and was super excited when I found out they had a 3rd album on the way. The day Minutes to Midnight came out I bought it digitally on Itunes (I preferred physical CDs and still do but at the time I would have not gotten that past my parents because of the PA sticker) and then I would listen to the album almost every day at school during lunch because I love the album that much.

Now I have no idea how I found the song Numb but I did and I'm very happy I did because Linkin Park is in my top 10 acts of all time and I don't see them every leaving that list.

Rhel

Rhel Member

Must've been Points of Authority I think. A friend showed it to me. I seem to have gotten it mixed up with Pts.Of.Athrty's music video, cause to me the imagery to hybrid theory always involved the bigass winged robot ^^

Zach994

Zach994 Member

Breaking the Habit music video.

Still my favourite LP song and can't wait to hear it live. Please LP don't remove it from the set.

Blake likes this.
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

In The End. When it hit the charts. From memory watching it on Video Hits.

17 years later, I still love most songs they release.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

"One Step Closer", late 2000. Was labelled as a Limp Bizkit song on Napster.

about2break likes this.
    HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Mid-2013, I saw the In The End music video and got addicted to the band since then.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm not sure what's more late 90s about your post; Limp Bizkit or Napster. Though, I might have been more impressed if you had said Kazaa.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Without knowing it the first song I heard was "In The End" while sitting in a movie theater. Knowingly, the first song was "Pushing Me Away."

about2break

about2break Well-Known Member

"One Step Closer" - I think it must have been on the radio when it first came out. But that feels like ages ago!! I can't remember what convinced me to buy the cd, whether I heard more songs first or just was so excited about OSC that I had to have it!
    My clearest memory though from those days is with "Crawling" when it was used for our high school's sortof "anti-drug presentation". Everytime I hear that song I still picture it!

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Crawling, in the beginning of 2001. A school frind showed it to me and I was amazed from the start.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Pretty sure it was either Somewhere I Belong or Crawling. I couldn't have been older than 7.

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

My aunt played Faint to me when I was 5 so it was 2005 hahaha

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The first one that stuck was either Faint or Somewhere I Belong. I was 12, meteora had just come out and I got hooked pretty quickly.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Papercut. I was in my 30s and a co worker lent me her cd and boom.