Paper Bags?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ella1432, Feb 25, 2004.

riddle

riddle Well-Known Member

I always thought along those lines, you know, sniffing substances in paper bags and stuff. I always thought the whole song was about being in with a bad crowd and wanting to get away from it. It fits in with graffiti decorations and angry voices. A sky of dust was always to me symbolising the inner city, with dusty, smog-filled air, where those "bad crowds" always hang around. Yeah, that's my thoughts.

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

yeah. your ideas are all great (apart from the robbers in the market thing-what the f*ck?) but i kinda thought it might be that he wishes he could put something over his head (like a paper bag?) to shut out all of the angry voices?
    i have no idea
    someone ask :mike:
    :lol: :D :p (w00t)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Paperbags could be taken as a way of being something you're not. Aka: Like putting a bag over your head. Or like, hiding from something while others are taking you out.

So like, it's like saying " I wanna run away" is another way of saying you want to escape the paperbags. Wanting to escape from the life you've lived. You know, the life filled with lies and such.[/b][/quote]
    That one makes the most sense.

Mike: Hey paperbag head get over here!
    Chester: But I wanna F*cking run away!
    lol

cellardoor

cellardoor Banned

i believe it means whatever you want it to mean. i dont believe there is no wrong explanation. you all think im weird but im just a very opinionated person.

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

i don't think trufflepigs is wierd i think what u say is tru. :mike: :lol: :D :p

riddle

riddle Well-Known Member

:lol:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

so true... very deep lyrics in runaway. i love this track its one of my favourites

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Paperbags could be taken as a way of being something you're not. Aka: Like putting a bag over your head. Or like, hiding from something while others are taking you out.

So like, it's like saying " I wanna run away" is another way of saying you want to escape the paperbags. Wanting to escape from the life you've lived. You know, the life filled with lies and such. [/b][/quote]
    I was going to say It's like someone hiding with a paper bag on their head... :mellow: (e.g. Me!)