Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I'm struggling today. Just having a weak day. Not trying to ask myself how I can be able to survive in this world when not even he could. He was such a strong man.

ZelesteBeauty likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

He may be gone, yet he'll still always be here, you know? The voice that's comforted us for so many years hasn't gone away. Listening to them always made me feel better, no matter what, and these last couple of weeks I needed that voice more than ever.

Lynn, Carla and Sonic like this.
  3. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

We all have good and bad days especially when life throws you curve balls, a lot of things happen besides this and you feel like it's too much. It never is, one day at the time like Mike said. Don't put too much pressure on yourself thinking you have to feel better. Healing process is different for anyone and it takes time but just keep going and try not to give in dark thoughts, trick your mind into thinking about something else.
    I'm going back and forth between being able to listen to LP and believing he's gone and not accepting it and feeling bad while listening to them. It's still too early, not even a month had passed, we all need time.

Lynn likes this.
  4. StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Thank you :quagmire:!

5. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Happy birthday. Hope it goes well

6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Find it healthy for me visiting this thread once in a while, as I feel able to let out what I'm feeling throughout the healing process. Also your comments and the words of support to eachother are really heartwarming, though sometimes thet might be directed to a specific person you can always take a little bit of that to yourself and feel a bit better.

This week, now that tributes by artists have been made wide around the globe, it just brought me to the hard realization that there are many people and fanbases around there who continue to and will enjoy their favorite acts long to the future, while our story has come to an abrupt end. I had to wonder why again. Why our story as Linkin Park fans will stand still in time until 2017, no more, at least not in the way we knew it. Sure, we'll be LP fans forever, but our experiencies and memories will be frozen to this day and era. It's crushing.

I myself follow another artist(s) and enjoy their work, but the bigger piece in my heart is now missing, broken, hurt. I rationalize and say to myself I can't look at other talents like that, not forever. I can't be looking at another band's show and stare at the euphoric crowd and think 'why can't we be those people again?', or 'why was this taken away from us?', it's outrageous to think those things.

I can't look at a picture of Chester and believe the image is from a deceased person, he looks too real, he looks there. Jesus, when will this get any easier..

On another tone.. For those of who who haven't seen it, this is my little tribute to Chester. I couldn't attend any memorials, I completely missed the fan flash mob, but at least try to make something to honor him, despite being alone around here.

7. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words <3

8. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

I am very sorry about that. Also sometimes bad days. I hope you get better days again.

Happy Birthday :)

If I read the death date of Chester it turns around the stomach.

ZelesteBeauty and Lynn like this.
  9. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you <3 Hope you're having a good day. And well the death date and the "was" on wikipedia kills me inside as well

darkviruz likes this.
  10. Nadja

Nadja Active Member

I personally recommend you to comfort yourself in any kind of creativity. My pain feels like permanent but when i started to learn piano & writing lyrics (actually i didn't do this for such a long time) i feel a little bit better. Well, live concert of some other musicians is a good idea too.

darkviruz, Lynn and Modern Guitar God like this.
  11. ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

12. Joh

Joh Active Member

Same here. I still can't really accept that he's gone.
    Normally whenever I had a bad day or a slide doubt I thought about LP & Chester and life made sence.
    But now in all these moments I realize he is gone. How does that make sense now?
    Hmmmmmmmm ....

Lynn likes this.
  13. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I work nights, I like it, but man I'm telling you, 3 A.M. is rough. Everything you can imagine runs through my mind.

14. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

You're so right. Nights can be bad.

15. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

How's my family? <3

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  16. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Gotta love them night shifts... haha

17. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Not feeling too well since yesterday... I only feel better if I keep myself busy with things that don't have to do with the band or music, be it watching TV, playing, going out for a bit... But once I try to listen to anything from the band, or watch a song from a show or something, I immediately feel bad, depressed, and like I'll never be happy again. So that's why I stay away from it. But I'm honestly scared I'm doing worse, that I'm only postponing the fact I have to deal with it someday. I don't know what's better to do. When my aunt died, it took me years to accept it and starting to think more of her as a person than her illness, so I'm scared I'm dealing with it the wrong way again.

18. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Strange that I'm feeling bad since yesterday as well... Watching funny videos of the band and Chester does help but than I catch myself thinking of him not being there... Everything seems to trigger me a lot these days. Don't know what happened yesterday what makes me feel like this again. I keep asking myself how I should make it when not even he could. Bad thoughts.

19. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling good either :( Funny videos of the band were helping me a bit last week, but this week is the complete opposite... Simply hearing about the band brings me to tears. I know pain comes in waves, but each time I'm at my worst, my brain tells me I'll be like this forever, or for many years. That I'll never be able to listen to music again, watching a show or even being able to talk about the band without crying or feeling bad. Having one of those phases now.

Lynn likes this.
  20. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Same. It feels like never being able to recover again, fully ...