Your Favorite Moment of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, Jul 21, 2017.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

In times like these, we need to remember the good times and great memories we shared.

What are you favorite moment or Linkin Park? Could be something they did, music they released or more.

My all-time favorite moment has to be when the band released "Wretches and Kings" from A Thound Suns. They put the song up as a pre-order bonus and at the time I was so addicted to Linkin Park that I instantly pre-ordered the deluxe DVD version of the album from Linkpark.com spending double what anyone should ever spend on a CD just so I could listen to the song. I believe this happened in the summer because I spent the entire next two days listening to the song on repeat. Literally did nothing but listen to WAK for two days straight.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Krizlinkin and Deliveranze like this.
    leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

My favorite LP-related moment was when Live In Texas came out and my mom surprised me by buying me a copy on her way home from work.

As for something that is more related to the band - the Rock Am Ring 2004 performance is my favorite LP thing to watch. It's one of my favorite live performances by any band honestly.

Krizlinkin and Blake like this.
    Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Rock Am Ring 2001- With You
    Rock Am Ring 2004
    Rock Am Ring 2007
    MSG 2011
    Red Square Concert
    London 2011
    When I saw them in Dallas 2014
    Watching LPTVs for hours when I first found the band
    Finding new things in songs all the time
    I could go on and on

Krizlinkin likes this.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

There are so many.

I'll start with one that was very clearly pre-Minus.

I had ordered Meteora online. Everyone in all of my high school classes are hyped as hell for the album. At any given point we'd be at a computer lab seeing if they had added any new songs to the Meteora web player on the website. I was the smart guy who figured out you could extract the audio. I was also the guy who got to go to the LPU promo tour, where they previewed some new tracks.

Then, a few days before the album was set to release, I got the CD in the mail.

Obviously, I brought it to school with me. People thought I was somehow connected to the band because I had the CD so early. I was a God that day. We played it in the computer labs. One of the skaters carried a boombox in his backpack and we would jam it in the cafeteria. We even played it on the bus. It was the only time the cool kids who would sit in the back and the nerds who sat in the front put aside the cliché divisions and met in the middle, to listen to the new album.

I always kind of fit in with all the groups. I was a nerd. I was a goth. A skater. I ran track, so the jocks were cool with me. But this was the first time in my high school life that I felt like I BELONGED. Sitting on a bus, with a bunch of angsty teenagers like me, rocking out to new Linkin Park.

Krizlinkin, Ree, Deliveranze and 4 others like this.
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

If I had to pick one, it would have to be the spine tingling moment at my first LP concert in 2007.

On their MtM world tour, I watched them at Brisbane. The opening song was No More Sorrow, with the band silhouettes shining through a white veil just like the album cover.

Lights flickering to the drum beats, then the veil dropped revealing the guys I'd idolised for so long. Still gives me tingles.

Chester was a pillar of strength that night. He'd just broken his arm at the previous show in Melbourne, but still carried on with his usual stage jumping and adrenaline fueled zest. I'm also still sure he pulled off the 17 second scream in Given Up too. Fucking wow.

Coincidentally, it was none other than Chris Cornell who opened for LP that night.

2 legends probably still rocking out somewhere together.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Listening to all albums for the first time. I also had tears when I heard The Catalyst, Final Masquerade and many other songs for the first time.
    Every pre-album hype since MTM (reading interviews, promo shows, snippets...)
    Watching live concerts on YT, my favorite was Rock Am Ring 2004.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Another favorite LP moment:

Taking my at-the-time-best friend (we didn't fall out or anything, we just grew apart. Life happens.) to his very first concert. It was Projekt Revolution in support of Minutes To Midnight. We had bonded over a love of LP and that album in particular helped him through an intensely difficult break-up.

We had seats unfortunately, but after My Chemical Romance's set, a family came up to us and said, "We're only here for MCR, do you want our pit bracelets?"

Umm... YES.

We end up about 3 behind the front row, and the concert starts. It's the kabuki No More Sorrow intro. He is absolutely enthralled. Then we reach the measure before the song starts proper and the kabuki comes up. In tandem, we both go "1, 2, 3, 4!" and the pit went nuts.

He texted me yesterday, actually. Just as broken up as we all are. We reminisced about that concert and he still considers LP to be in the Top 5 concerts he's ever gone to, in fact they hold the top 2 spots. We've made plans to get together soon for old time's sake.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

My favorite LP moment was the fact that it kind of helped me break the ice with my now wife. She was a fan, I was (still am.) a hardcore fan. So one night in early 2008 we sat in a parking lot all to ourselves and I just played demos and rarities and nerded out as she found it so cool that different versions of songs existed. We had hung out, but that was the first real night where everything clicked for us. I always kind of joke that it's LP's fault we are together. There's so many more, but this one is a highlight for me. I got married in June so you best believe we had some LP on the playlist.

Krizlinkin, Jack_Farrell and Blake like this.
    blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

The only concert that I attended in Warsaw, Poland in 2012, of course. It was one of the best moments of my life.
    And I loved a hype before a release of every album. I remember I wasn't hyped very much before The Hunting Party but before Living Things or One More Light I was really hyped and it was so great.
    But I'll miss every concert that I was watching, every song that I've heard. They are a big part of my life.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Around the ATS era when all the hints and stuff were coming around, just working everything out as one tightly knit community to discover something completely different than what we previously knew the band to be, solving puzzles, and getting to personally know a few LPA members, though I've fallen out with most I cherish every moment we talked, and the friendships we had, specifically someone that helped me through a terrible depression at the time and encouraged me to live on. So many great memories wouldn't have happened without Linkin Park.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Though of another one.

During the leadup to The Catalyst dropping I stayed up all night waiting for it and my girlfriend called me around midnight to tell me she was pregnant. I was so tired from being up that it didn't immediately click with me. I was too distracted by the imminent Linkin Park track. lol The next day when I went over there and we confirmed it the first place I announced it was over at the LPLive forums.

Krizlinkin, Jack_Farrell and Blake like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I remember this.

I'll add one more: The concert in 2014 I went too. Wasn't the best concert ever, in fact it doesn't Crack my top 10 because 30STM ruined the show but Linkin Park's performance is still in my top 2 performances today. They DESTROY live. It wasn't until 2 years later when their performance dropped down to #2

leftshoe18 likes this.
    thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

2007 intro at Project Revolution in Toronto. My first LP show. In my opinion, there greatest INTRO live. I was at the front too.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    thesungoesdown

LOL same for me! See above post.

Top2Bottom likes this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

That intro is my favourite of all time. I don't know how many times I've watched it but this time gave me immediate chills. I'm a fellow Canadian and I never got the chance to see them play. It's crushing. That show in particular was amazing due to them playing Qwerty just for shits and giggles. I bought tickets for the 2014 show but all of my friends were too busy. I lived in Sudbury at the time and didn't own a vehicle so it was impossible to travel on my own. I regret that so much now.

As for my favourite moment -that's easy- the catharsis of "lift me up, let me go" in The Catalyst.

Second place would be the first time I listened to Guilty All The Same. I couldn't believe this band had delivered a 6-minute metal behemoth of a lead single. I was electric.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

I used to come from home from High School and blast the Live in Texas DVD in my house before my parents got home. I used to sit there in my living room and watch it over and over. I couldn't get enough of them in the HT/Meteora days.

The first time I saw them was in 2007 at Bamboozle in New Jersey. I went with two of my best friends - we bonded over LP, and to this day it's the only show I've been to with the both of them together. I'll never forget them premiering No More Sorrow at the show (at least it was the first time I had heard it). I was front row and recorded Papercut and nearly wept when I saw them.

I was lucky enough to see them again on the tour with 30 STM. My friends were too drunk to care but, so I broke away from them and went up to GA by myself so I could enjoy the show.

My wife and I had tix to see them next week at Blinkin Park. I was going to take her so she could see them for her first time and take in the full LP experience, but that'll never happen.

I miss you Chester RIP

Krizlinkin likes this.
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

I'll never forget when Chester broke his wrist on the second Melbourne show during the Minutes to Midnight Australian tour in 2007.
    He was on fire with his screams that night, obviously in pain. But he pushed through and didn't complain. He wanted to put on a fantastic show for all the fans and that is how I'd like to remember him. Dedicated to his craft his whole life.
    R.I.P Chester and condolences to his family, friends and the rest of LP.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Pre meteora, when MTV used to air the commercials for meteora coming out, I was so pumped the day meteora came. Out I skipped school early ran to best buy and just blasted it all day all night and I was just hooked. And when I saw them for the first time in 2012 at Jones Beach I starting weeping when papercut came on.

Krizlinkin likes this.
    thesungoesdown

Qwerty made me go crazy. In my opinion, that's their heaviest song. I lost my shit when they played it. They were playing rotating sets and i had my fingers crossed for Qwerty. Papercut, Breaking the Habit, and Qwerty are my fav songs live.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

My favorite moment was when I saw them live for the first time and the only one. It was in May. I am eternally grateful that I could saw them live at one of the last shows of them. I remember I've never seen Chester that happy and energetic before, I thought he was at his peak. But it seems that I was wrong :(

Krizlinkin and blackout. like this.