The Passion of the Christ

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by tkd_rap, Feb 28, 2004.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Atheist to atheist I will tell you if it's any good after tonight.

I'm not into it cause of the christiany stuff, but more for its action. It's a horror movie that supposedly happened, whats better besides Texas Chainsaw Massacre? (which really had nothing to do with what really happened...stupid writers with humongous imaginations.)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Actually, they didn't say if he liked it or not, they said he said it was an accurate report of the last 12 hours :D .

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Actually, they didn't say if he liked it or not, they said he said it was an accurate report of the last 12 hours :D . [/b][/quote]
    I heard that he did like it. I heard it on my moms radio station.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Excuse me? I am a Christain, and I am appauled that you would make such an ignorant and moronic statement like that.

Seriously, doesn't anyone think before they act these days?

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Actually, they didn't say if he liked it or not, they said he said it was an accurate report of the last 12 hours :D . [/b][/quote]
    Ya, If I were the Pope I wouldn't much like a film about the killing of my saviour. :wth:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Ya, If I were the Pope I wouldn't much like a film about the killing of my saviour. :wth: [/b][/quote]
    Actually, it had to happen according to the Bible.

Ander

Actually, it had to happen according to the Bible. [/b][/quote]
    -_- I soo didn't know that Thanks for enlightening my, sir! :whistle: :lol:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Excuse me? I am a Christain, and I am appauled that you would make such an ignorant and moronic statement like that.

Seriously, doesn't anyone think before they act these days? [/b][/quote]
    Uh hey there. Every single person that knows me, and is a christian either dislikes me for being an atheist or thinks I hate god and worship the devil. My statement was far from ignorant, and I would appreciate it if you didn't call me a moron. Satanic an Atheistic are seen as the same sometimes, when they are totally different. Don't begin an arguement with me when I know a hell of a lot about all religions and beliefs. I simply stated that many christians think that atheists worship the devil, and so they turn away from us and despise us. So unless you understand exactly what I mean when saying something, I suggest you think before you act.
    ====================
    Anyways, I don't want to fight with this person. So let's leave it at that, and I do apologize if I offended you, because I certainly didn't mean to.

riddle

riddle Well-Known Member

I saw it today. It was violent. But not unneccesarily so. The violence helps the viewer to feel empathy towards Jesus. It's also realistic. That's actually what happened, according to the Bible at least.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Yea I saw it and ITS THE GORYEST MOVIE I HAVE EVERY SEEN OMG. Some sences really made me sick and made my head ach :angry: As for the movie, it was ok. I kind of imagined it being better than it was with all the hype going around it. It was very boring at times and the movie had a very simple plot with two like basic sences throgh the whole movie. It wasnt a disapointment but it wasnt all the hype made it out to be.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

Uh hey there. Every single person that knows me, and is a christian either dislikes me for being an atheist or thinks I hate god and worship the devil. My statement was far from ignorant, and I would appreciate it if you didn't call me a moron. Satanic an Atheistic are seen as the same sometimes, when they are totally different. Don't begin an arguement with me when I know a hell of a lot about all religions and beliefs. I simply stated that many christians think that atheists worship the devil, and so they turn away from us and despise us. So unless you understand exactly what I mean when saying something, I suggest you think before you act.
    ====================
    Anyways, I don't want to fight with this person. So let's leave it at that, and I do apologize if I offended you, because I certainly didn't mean to. [/b][/quote]
    I applaud you for ending that argument like that iamthealmighty, as me being a Christian, I see atheists as having no hope, when you die, you die, sort of thing. I never see them worshiping the devil, because atheists does not believe in God, so 90% of the time they don’t believe in the other half, the devil, as well. Any way, being a Christian I found this movie to be very actuate, and not unnecessarily violent at all. In fact, Mel held back, in the bible they also have apart of the torture were they pluck out Jesus’ beard, that would be really gross to watch, thankfully that don’t put that in there. Now directing wise I think Mel has a future, this film had more style than I thought, and really to me was never boring. Now the bible is not anti-Semitic, whoever said that nor was the film, Mel put his own hand nailing Jesus to the cross because of this, telling people, EVERY ONE is guilty, not just Jewish and Roman, they were simply tools.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I applaud you for ending that argument like that iamthealmighty, as me being a Christian, I see atheists as having no hope, when you die, you die, sort of thing. I never see them worshiping the devil, because atheists does not believe in God, so 90% of the time they don’t believe in the other half, the devil, as well. Any way, being a Christian I found this movie to be very actuate, and not unnecessarily violent at all. In fact, Mel held back, in the bible they also have apart of the torture were they pluck out Jesus’ beard, that would be really gross to watch, thankfully that don’t put that in there. Now directing wise I think Mel has a future, this film had more style than I thought, and really to me was never boring. Now the bible is not anti-Semitic, whoever said that nor was the film, Mel put his own hand nailing Jesus to the cross because of this, telling people, EVERY ONE is guilty, not just Jewish and Roman, they were simply tools. [/b][/quote]
    It was good movie portraying the last 12 hours of Chirst, I must admit that but the majority of the movie was quite boring even if most of the boring parts did represent alot of feeling and power of the movie but I think the critics will agree that it wasnt a hell of a good movie just an ok one.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I applaud you for ending that argument like that iamthealmighty, as me being a Christian, I see atheists as having no hope, when you die, you die, sort of thing. I never see them worshiping the devil, because atheists does not believe in God, so 90% of the time they don’t believe in the other half, the devil, as well. Any way, being a Christian I found this movie to be very actuate, and not unnecessarily violent at all. In fact, Mel held back, in the bible they also have apart of the torture were they pluck out Jesus’ beard, that would be really gross to watch, thankfully that don’t put that in there. Now directing wise I think Mel has a future, this film had more style than I thought, and really to me was never boring. Now the bible is not anti-Semitic, whoever said that nor was the film, Mel put his own hand nailing Jesus to the cross because of this, telling people, EVERY ONE is guilty, not just Jewish and Roman, they were simply tools. [/b][/quote]
    Just to set the record straight, I believe in no god no satan no heaven and no hell. I also believe when we die, we die. End of story type of thing. But I respect everyone's beliefs, and I would never force mine down there throat.

And I have read the bible, and it was close to what the bible said. (The movie was)

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

I lied when I said I was going to wait to see it. I saw it today and I thought it was a great movie. And I have to admit, it made me cry. As for the plot being boring, I didn't think it was. And even so, it's not like they could've changed it because it was expected to follow the Bible and changing it would've made it less effective I think, so... I like it how it is.

It is intense, though, so be prepared for it if you haven't already seen it. I give it 10/10.

User Name

A) Just because a couple of Christians think you worship the devil because you are an Atheist DOES NOT MEAN, under ANY circumstances, that we all do. Like I said before, not all of us are like that.

B) Don't try to shove actions down my throat. I never called you a moron. I said your statement was moronic. See the difference?

Let's look at that quote again, shall we?

This needs no further explanation.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

A) Just because a couple of Christians think you worship the devil because you are an Atheist DOES NOT MEAN, under ANY circumstances, that we all do. Like I said before, not all of us are like that.

B) Don't try to shove actions down my throat. I never called you a moron. I said your statement was moronic. See the difference?

Let's look at that quote again, shall we?

This needs no further explanation. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for reading, I think this arguement is over. :)

User Name

Regarding your apology, I'm sorry, but I don't think I can forgive you for that. You crossed the line with that statement.

A word to the wise. When engaging in an arguement, do not waste your time by making statements like the above. If you can't make a decent rebuttal, then don't bother replying.

One more thing. Saying an arguement is over doesn't mean that it is.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I have a really cool idea: Let's drop it.

Ander

Funny thing about Jesus, he incited more hated and indifference among people than he did love.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

VERY true.