Americans VS Canadians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mr. Benzedrine, Feb 21, 2004.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

well, i absolutely HATE America. its because of their political stuff, you know, but i have never met a mean American... its just their philosyphies. for example, one of my distant relatives lives in New York, we visit maybe once a year, she is really nice. i had nothing wrong with her, then my mom told me that she was pro Bush, and im thinking, "But she's so nice!" if USA didnt elect such presidents as they have so far,i would like them.

Also, if the United States of America called themselves, "The United States of NORTH America, i would be fine. there is no America, they state their country as if they are supperior to N/A and S/A....

im just crazy.... oh and also, USA citizens dont know a thing about Canada... disgusting (sorry, i was generallizing, its not fully true...)

May

May Ambient

i'm Canadian and i never say "eh" :mellow: but anyways did you guys see when Conan O'Brian came to Toronto? Now if you want to see sterotypes you had to see the first day he was here! It was a Canadain mountie who loves hockey and bacon who lives in an igloo who loves beer :lol: i thought it was funny and he was saying how every 5 seconds someone was always saying "GO LEAFS GO!!" it was funny but so many sterotypes haha

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

The USA was founded in the 1700s...I don't know what the motives behind naming it were, but no one I've ever met thinks of us as being "above" the other Americas...it's just the name we've always known as us. Honestly, until you mentioned it I'd never even thought about it before.

I'm not Canadian and I say "eh" sometimes, especially on the internet... :lol:

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

Well pertaining to your sig, the reason was to bring down an evil dictator who was killing his people, and wanted nothing more than to take us out. A few years ago he almost had nuke ability, but thankfully the Israeli air force took them out before he could get them to the country. Now the whole reason Canada and US are at each others throats, raceism, sin, human nature, thats why some black people hate white, and white black. People are flawed and sick, which makes me mad that some one would hate another for the soul reason of their skin color, or where they are from :angry: but we will have this till the end of time...

uberness

uberness Well-Known Member

i personally don't see the reason that the americans dislike canadians. the way that i see it is that there are 2 levels: the political level and the stupidity level.

Politically: sure, we might have a bit of a corrupt government, but that doesn't mean that the americans can go bashing our government when there's is exactly the same! bush thinks that Canada is a vulnerable country that he can easily make ties with so that there's only going to be 1 America but 2 countries. and if something doesn't go his way then he's got a scape goat country. i would like to quote south park when i say "blame Canada" is all that he'd do.

Stupidity: all americans can't be that gullible to think that canadians sit around in igloos eating timbits (that we've legalized) drinking beer and speaking non-sensical french to eachother and ending every sentence with, eh?

i know that the way that i described my view of the politlcal level is from just another "Bush Basher" but it's the way that i vew americans and their relations with Canadians

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

I hope to God that Americans don’t think that, I never did before I went their, all though all I saw was Toronto and some of the surrounding cities; Canada is much like the US in looks, little difference

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

My only beef with the Americans is the fact that when I was in Gr. 8 and 9, I had to work from their literature and textbooks. I used to argue with my Gr. 9 English teacher all the time, "Why can't we read our own great literature?" It irks me.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Our government isn't corrupt at all. They're actually making some great choices, such as legalization of marijuana, not going to war with Iraq (only post-war) and legalizing gay marraige.

And that stereotypical crap has to end. A guy who works for a show named "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" went down to university campuses and government buildings in the US telling people all sorts of lies about Canada (Legalizing dogs as house pets, isntalling our first sewer) and alot of them believed him! George Bush congratulated "Prime Minister Jacques Poutine" on his third straight term in office! It was hilarious to watch.

uberness

uberness Well-Known Member

ok, legalizing gay marriage and post-war are fine by me. but still, the idea of having legalized marjiuana is still alittle on the iffy side...how do we know that there aren't ppl coming up to Canada getting the perscription and then going back and say "can't take it away, it's from Canada"?

btw it's Rick Mercer

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Frankly, I couldn't care less about any form of nationality. I mean, when you can chat with someone 1,000's of miles away in the blink of an eye, why does it matter? Frankly all of the Canadians I've spoken with are pretty normal to me. I'll agree, we elect a lot of dips##ts, but how can you blame us when half of the voting public can't spell the damn word? I mean, not to diss my own country, but I don't see people shooting up schools in anywhere else but here (and a country or two in Europe). I don't see bulls##t lawsuits being filed over spilled coffee. Frankly, I can see why there is a beef between Americans and Canadians. A good percentage of Americans will believe whatever the hell you tell them, and they will fight to the death for it. And if one person stereotypes Canadians on televisions or magazines or newspapers, the general populace agrees with it. It's becoming harder and harder to be proud to be an American.

Mark

ok, legalizing gay marriage and post-war are fine by me. but still, the idea of having legalized marjiuana is still alittle on the iffy side...how do we know that there aren't ppl coming up to Canada getting the perscription and then going back and say "can't take it away, it's from Canada"?

btw it's Rick Mercer
    [/b][/quote]
    yeah, I know his name. He's from newfoundland, i just didn't think it was worth mentioning.

i hate drugs, i've never done them and i don't like the people who use them for non-medicinal purposes around me. marijuana doesn't hurt anyone though, it's the cigarettes that should be banned. in my opinion, if it's not hurting anyone, why ban it?

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

hah go cassies.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know for a fact that they blame each other for stuff :lol: For example, power shut-down last year in Canada. Canada blamed America, America blamed Canada :lol:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I wouldn't say that I like Canadians. I wouldn't say that I don't like Canadians. There are good canadians and bad ones just like Americans. If I'm not going to like a Canadian artist or group, then it is because I just don't like their music. Avril Lavigne is ok and I like Nickelback.

You see a lot of USA Vs. Canadians in movies like Canadian Bacon. They are funny but I don't really like the message.

Mark

And it was Ohio's fault. :lol:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

And it was Ohio's fault. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That was hilarious. :lol:

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

its coz of the money difference. something like $1 for every $1.25 or something like that.

but yeah, i moved to the US from canada when i was like 4 and all the teachers and stuff kept telling us how the US is the best county in the world and id always get pissed at that. like they never talk about anything but america so its like everyone here is like isolated and different from the rest of the world. there are also people i know who are really racist against canadians ((one of them lives down my street who always has american flags all over his house so i was planning to stick a canadian flag on his lawn just for the hell of it))

mp066

mp066 Well-Known Member

I'm Canadian! and it kicks ass living there!!!

riddle

riddle Well-Known Member

I'm Australian! I had no idea Americans and Canadians even hated each other! But if it's anything like the rivalry between two Aussie states - QLD and NSW - all it is is healthy competition. It may be a little more serious once it becomes an international competition, but seriously, how bad could it be?

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

That was hilarious. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    "The Canadians over-used the power grid!"

And a couple of hours later...

"The source of the shutdown would come from a power plant in Ohio"

I was laughing my ass off :lol: .