What are your thoughts on Limp Bizkit?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Gary The Great, Feb 28, 2004.

intheend1004

intheend1004 Well-Known Member

i am a fan of their old stuff but i'm not not a fan of their new stuff at all... they weren't talented enough to do a complete cover of "behind blue eyes" with the original bridge

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

I used to like them a lot. Back before I found out about Linkin Park, they were my favorite band. Then Wes left the band and I didn't like them anymore since I was mainly a fan of Wes, from his guitar playing to his weird antics on stage. Saw them in concert in 2000 with Papa Roach and they were amazing live. Their new album is okay, but not as good as the old ones. Best album from them is still the very first one, 3 Dollar Bill, Y'all$. Chocolate Starfish was also great but I didn't really like Significant Other that much. I got tired of it fast. I hope Wes finally finishes that Eat the Day album soon though. I'm looking forward to it a lot. :D

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I love Results May Vary, and I really hate Significant Other. Chocolate Starfish is okay. Can't say anything about 3 Dollar Bill Y'all, because I haven't heard anything, except for a remix of Counterfeit.

Durst is an egotistical #######, yeah. I mean come on, he insulted Trent Reznor in one of his songs because Reznor said something about Durst shouldn't be the Head Of Talent at Interscope. And he's right. But still, I can look past Durst's ego, and see the good music he's made.

Build A Bridge, Just Drop Dead, Boiler, Hold On & Eat You Alive are my favorite songs by Limpbizkit.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't like Limp Bizkit anymore. I think they dont have much talent. Sure, My Way and Rollin' are fun to party to, but they aren't very good songs. Some of their songs are just pointless and just talk about well...nothing really.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't know, I think Limpbizkit is doing what Blink182 is doing, and that's maturing.

That's a good thing.

I mean, I don't want to hear party songs. Durst has talent, believe it or not, and he needs to use it. He needs to stick with the songs like Build A Bridge & Boiler type songs. You know, acoustic, angsty & emotional. Not "keep rollin' rollin' rollin".

That's so 2000. :shifty:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know, I think Limpbizkit is doing what Blink182 is doing, and that's maturing.

That's a good thing.

I mean, I don't want to hear party songs. Durst has talent, believe it or not, and he needs to use it. He needs to stick with the songs like Build A Bridge & Boiler type songs. You know, acoustic, angsty & emotional. Not "keep rollin' rollin' rollin".

That's so 2000. :shifty: [/b][/quote]
    lmfao.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

That's a good thing.

That's so 2000. :shifty: [/b][/quote]
    You want to hear mature songs? OK, stick to Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones,whatever sentimental and serious you can find. But limpbizkit, no. LB was once all about Fred's funky singing, Wes and exciting songs that made your head bands by itself. Their first three albums proved that was the best recipe for them, whereas RMV showed what changing too much results in. RMV wasn't limpbizkit, it was two-three old-style songs and a bunch of bad ones, filled with Fred's new "i'm the good but disappointed by life guy" style and Mike's acoustic and soo boring guitar.
    Someone's gotta teach that guy limpbizkit was Fred and Wes' creation, If he can't continue Wes' work, he'd better leave and leave the rest go back to the old days.
    Sorry to be a bit aggresive here. Hopefully, lb realized what their mistake with RMV was and they'll make a decent next album.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I am not too keen on LB's new material. I like the cover of Behind Blue Eyes they did and Eat You Alive was amazing but i can't say i ever really got into RMV. My fave album of theirs is Chocolate Starfish and the hot dog flavoured water. I do prefer their old stuff so i could say i am kind of a fan in a way

$pvcxGhxztCasey

You want to hear mature songs? OK, stick to Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones,whatever sentimental and serious you can find. But limpbizkit, no. LB was once all about Fred's funky singing, Wes and exciting songs that made your head bands by itself. Their first three albums proved that was the best recipe for them, whereas RMV showed what changing too much results in. RMV wasn't limpbizkit, it was two-three old-style songs and a bunch of bad ones, filled with Fred's new "i'm the good but disappointed by life guy" style and Mike's acoustic and soo boring guitar.
    Someone's gotta teach that guy limpbizkit was Fred and Wes' creation, If he can't continue Wes' work, he'd better leave and leave the rest go back to the old days.
    Sorry to be a bit aggresive here. Hopefully, lb realized what their mistake with RMV was and they'll make a decent next album. [/b][/quote]
    what was Limpbizkit's problem with Results May Vary?

Oh, that tiny thing called, oh I don't know, evolving?

They evolved. I'm willing to bet Durst doesn't want to make fun-happy songs. Isn't he a dad or something now? People mature, and with that comes more mature songs.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Casey's right. If limpbizkit would've put out another album like their previous three, then they would have absolutely no fans anywhere and Fred would've probably went into the producing business and then the rest of the band would've done their own thing. But that's not the case, because they evolved. And that's something that very few bands can do and still sound amazing. Results May Vary is limpbizkit's best album. Why? Because they evolved.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I still think that RMV wasnt their best. If you listen to My Generation, you think: "Oh.. #### this #### that, stupid song." But to me, i can relate to something. If they wanna that i give a #### about them, they should give a #### about me first. :whistle:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I don't like Limp Bizkit, I never did, really. I'm not bashing the band or anything, I just don't have any interest in them what-so-ever.

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

i used to like them, cos my sister used to play them all the time and kinda forced me to like them, but i think they've lost the spirit of what it's all about now.
    :mike:

LP_Girl

LP_Girl Active Member

I dont really like them anymore!. :shifty:

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

so true.... :mellow:

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Ok limp bizkit....lets take you back to 1998:
    THEY KICKED ASS
    (Fred wrote all the lyrics exept faith, their sound was quite heavy)

1999:
    THEY KICKED ASS AGAIN
    (The whole band wrote the songs,a few more samples,they were not so heavy though but a lot more rap)

2000:
    THEY REALLY DID KICK ASS. I MEAN REALLY KICKED ASS
    (The whole band wrote the songs,AMAZING SAMPLES e.g. "My generation", they had a complete mix of rap and rock)

2001:
    A remix album
    (Pretty sh1t but you know)

2003:
    OH DEAR
    (THE LYRICS SUCK, MIKE IS NOTHING COMPAIRED TO WES)

Still they are always amazing live

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Limp Bizkit rule

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I was gonna say that evolution is not always good, but since you said you like the new lb, i'll accept your opinion.
    I still believe lb could have evolved, without moving so far away from what they do best: rap-metal songs. I mean, they evolved from 3$ bill to signififact other too. Did they need to change their genre so much? No.

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

I think the band is ok,but I can't stand the habit of Fred Durst always being in the limelight!
    They have some really amazing songs and they're a pretty good live band,though!

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i like Results May Vary because of the creativity of different styles, away from their old style