June 12, 2017 - Berlin, Germany: One More Light World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 12, 2017.

Goten

Goten Member

Sorry. Of course they played it. Papercut was played, yes. My phone is awkward sometimes. Was the penultimate song.

Halfway Dwight and Blake like this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

So glad i didnt spend money to see them this year, boy these setlist they are playing are a HUGE downgrade from the carnivores tour. I dont care if they are tryna to promote the new album. Play energetic songs.

Michele and Blake like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Damn this set is a lot better than the old one. Somewhere I Belong is easily the worst song on from the first two albums IMO, really glad they got rid of it, and I fucking love Points of Authority. And while I do have a soft spot for Battle Symphony, I don't think it worked amazingly well live and the two tracks they replaced it with are easily my two favourites from OML right now.

Not to mention that it's been a very long time since they put 70% of their new album in one show. Couldn't be happier about that.

Sasuke, Avo and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I hope they don't drop Somewhere I Belong on the US tour :(

I have never seen that song live and it's a dream of mine to see that. That and BTH are the last two songs I need to see that are reasonable and I really, really care about so if they play both of those I can die happy and not see them again live (since their setlist atm could be better and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays that way for the next album too)

I should note I don't hate this setlist but it just could be better.

Iopia likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

It's nice for the nostagia, but tbh I feel that Somewhere I Belong is way worse then the vast majority of their discography. It really should have been dropped years ago imo. It's a bit of a waste to have it in the setlist, when there are sooo many better tracks they could pick.

Sasuke likes this.
    Zach994

Zach994 Member

Because I'm going to see them next week?

First half of the set is still a bit of a snoozefest. Second half is pretty great.

Goten

Goten Member

Actually it felt the other way around. The start was pretty energetic and rocky with TTM, BID, Wastelands, OSC, LOITC and New Divide. Then there comes a long atmosphere performance with Invisible, WFTE, OML (!!!) and the piano version of Crawling. Then it gets back to full energy with POA and WID.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I really don't like this setlist. My expectations for the Amsterdam show are very low right now.

Michele likes this.
    Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

You know what? I think you're going too crazy with these 'expectations' about the level of the show based on how the setlist looks like now. I didn't care at all what were the last setlist before Prague show, just came there and had amazing fun. Now look at that, all your 'worst setlists ever' made me just super excited at the venue. I suggest stop analyzing what you can't affect and just have a good time.

Zach994

Zach994 Member

Ooh I will have a good time, I'm sure of it.

minuteforce likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

So much hating going on in this thread. Every song on that setlist is awesome. Can't wait to see them next month, they always kill it live.

I know I'm gonna have a great time, as always at LP shows.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'd rather keep my expectations low so there's room for surprise.

And btw, I can't really help it that I don't like a lot of the songs on the setlist can I? (or the combination of them). It's just the way it is.

Oh and to the person above me: not liking something does not equal "hate". Being a fan who doesn't like everything they do, does not make you a hater.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Zach994 likes this.
    Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

IMHO, the setlist is great! LP has realized that they can't play all the old singles, and play new stuff instead. We are so close to having all the songs from OML live. And that Mike's twitter poll, setlist may change even more.

I'm pretty upset though that I can't see them this year, LP shows are so good :cry: Everyone who has the possibility to go see them, enjoy it. Whatever they play live, you know you're gonna have fun.

Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

What I'm trying to say is that I can't imagine how 'surprised' and relaxed you can get when you know the setlist before the show starts, comparing it with some virtual perfect setlist, picking out the cons of the real thing that is gonna happen and you're putting some expectations on it before they start to play. I rather go there having the head cleared from anything, looking forward to have some good time with the band I admire and just enjoy the moment right there. But whatever, it's your thing in the end.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

You can still get surprised in the sense that you can enjoy the live translation of the setlist and thus be pleasantly surprised despite your misgivings.

Forfeit to Break

True, but with some fans it seems whatever the band does gets a negative reaction. I cannot imagine being anything other then super hyped about going to an LP show, as I know that I'll really enjoy it whaever they play. The guys always make an effort to do a great show, and I appreciate that.

It seems some people are only happy if they get the exact setlist they want, rather then just enjoying themselves.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

IDK, when I went to see the "Living Things" show, I was pretty ambivalent or indifferent about it. Definitely wasn't as excited about it as the other shows. Would've been the same if I went to a "Hunting Party" show

But an OML show, that would be exciting for me. :)

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well, I'm usually not that negative when it comes to LP, but I'm really not a fan of this album so this cycle has been a bit of a disappointment for me and yeah a lot of my posts will lean more towards the negative side. But you know, I'm just being honest. I also give compliments where it's due ;)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I tried to watch Sharp Edges when I saw it on Facebook, but I couldn't get past the horribly out of time clapping by the Berlin crowd in the beginning. Seriously, how hard is it to keep a beat?

Goten

Goten Member

Well, pretty hard if you are 15.000 people. :)