Linkin Park Score Their Sixth No.1 Album On Billboard 200 Chart With 'One More Light'

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 29, 2017.

1. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I argue this was a rather recent development.

No "master troll", I will not.

I maintain the repeated clarifications sprinkled throughout should have sufficed, but alrighty.
    [​IMG]

2. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Umm.. nothing much to say coz Most of your criticism has been JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT.

Fine.

:shinado:*enter 2017 MS "Trollnoda"*:shinado:

"There will be a day that you will understand...
    ...."you will understand".:CUMULUS:

:partyminus::rofl:

3. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

No

Louis likes this.
  4. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

What the hell? :lol:

wattmatters likes this.
  5. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Ah yes, because we are all now anti-pop and think its one of the worst genres ever... even though we keep defending this pop record and defending the pop genre as a whole.

But yeah, definitely, there has been a new wave of hate towards pop music on this site. Totally...

If anything, its the haters of this album who are voicing their disdain towards pop music.

wattmatters likes this.
  6. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

ms.JPG
    :lazars:

Captain-EO and brady like this.
  7. Blackee Dammet

You didn't even try.

8. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

There are people who genuinely like the album and have always liked that kind of music. They might not be a majority but they're there.

Henry, @LP2K12, Blake and 2 others like this.
  9. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

We are just fanboys, though.

Sasuke likes this.
  10. brady

@Blackee Dammet
    Not really my fault you're contradicting yourself with your own statements. Unless you meant that the site's liking towards pop music was a recent development. Then you probably should have specified that instead of calling me out on not trying even though you were not specific at all.

But besides that, that's still a bullshit statement. The musical tastes of the people on this site are extremely diverse and I know that a number of people for a long time have been fans of many kinds of pop, including radio pop. And even then, radio pop isn't a genre, radio pop in itself is extremely diverse (oh I'm sure you'll complain about that statement...). We didn't all just start loving pop music because a pop Linkin Park album was coming. Many of us have had a liking towards pop for years.

Iopia, Halfway Dwight and Sasuke like this.
  11. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

THP, an incredible hard rock album, sold 110,000 copies and OML, the most mainstream and flawless work, 111,000. Not big difference yet. Honestly, I don't understand the purpose of this album.

12. brady

Huh? What do you mean by don't understand the purpose?

13. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

If we're operating under the assumption that OML exists SOLELY to be a huge commercial success, a band like LP outselling one of their previous albums in a climate where album sales are declining every year is impressive. Heavy has been their most successful song since BID. If their purpose was purely commercial, I'd say they succeeded.

14. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

We do actually ask users to refrain from double-posting. So, please stop doing that. Thank you.

Also, who knew that the band's success on the charts would foster such caustic conversation? You all need to take it easy, or we will start issuing infractions.

Abel, Captain-EO, Iopia and 1 other person like this.
  15. Blackee Dammet

I'm at a loss for what you thought that series of posts could have possibly meant. Explain where the "contradiction" is in any of those comments.

I'm dead serious, point it out. I'm sitting here looking at your post, and then my post, and then your post again, and I can't fathom how you couldn't possibly have known what I meant, much less interpreted any "contradiction" in anything I typed.

Fair enough. I remember otherwise. For years.

... why?

This isn't a rhetorical question, I literally don't understand how anyone, under any circumstance, is taking away "I am angry with the sound of modern pop music" with anything I've said at any point.

For what it's worth I had a rough estimation of what to expect when Anthony Fantano videos were posted, and then entire board was in an uproar over his fairly reasonable remarks because he had the audacity to use the description "EDM" to refer to aspects of the songs, with the vast majority of users making a point to argue "But that's not what EDM is?!?!" and use that as a catalyst to dismiss the entire opinion outright.

If it seems like my posts get verbose very often, it's no accident, it's an attempt to say something and clarify it repeatedly in hopes to avoid similar "I don't care about what you said because that's not my routine understanding or usage of that word!!!" style incidents. Something that very clearly hasn't worked out well at all, and a style of posting I'll no longer attempt.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  16. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the video where he only really talked about the song in passing? It kinda makes sense that people would latch onto one point he made when his entire opinion only really consisted of one or two points.

Alexrednex and brady like this.
  17. Blackee Dammet

Wouldn't his brevity actually be less of an excuse to pretend like you didn't know what he meant?

You're also missing the point. And doing exactly what I'm talking about, oddly enough...

18. brady

@Blackee Dammet
    Well let's take a look at what you said. "I argue this was a rather recent development." You never specify what "this" is, leaving up to me to assume. Not really my fault I thought you were talking about the wrong point...

Also, Anthony Fantano said ONE thing about Heavy, and we're supposed to assume based off of that one false statement he meant something else? How exactly are we at fault here?

Iopia and Alexrednex like this.
  19. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Alright, let's look at his "reasonable" track reviews, shall we?

Battle Symphony: "Of cause the new Linkin Park track is awful - as every other song I have heard from this upcoming album. The problem I have with these new songs is Linkin Park no longer sounds like a metal band or a rock band, they don't even sound like a band anymore" - goes on to say it's sounds like Chester on an EDM duo combo, ultra emotional and cringy."
    "They are throwing rock music under the bus and trying to write EDM bangers instead" (This is coming from a guy who refused to even talk about The Hunting Party, and seldomly acknowledges that Linkin Park has released albums post Hybrid Theory, lol).

Heavy - "I don't know what it is about these gigantic mainstream rock bands that are leftovers from the 2000s and still making music now. Why does every one of their new songs try to sound like Imagine Dragons or some EDM shit with a cringy guest vocalist on it to make it sound emotional and meaningful. I would rather do drugs and fuck than feel emotions while listening to EDM (LOL). Because that is what Linkin Park is basically trying to do here, write EDM ballads and it sounds like trash."

I don't really feel like looking up his Good Goodbye review because it was basically more of the same, he said Mike's inspiration for his verse was cringy and the beat was uinspired, but he sort of liked the guest verses on that one.

I am sorry (I am a big TND fan), but Anthony's comments on these songs are barely a step above the worst parts of this fanbase (and no I am not talking about the people who dislike OML, but rather the people who can't actually articulate why without making absurd or idiotic arguments/comments).

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Abel, Captain-EO, Iopia and 3 others like this.
  20. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member