May 22, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA | iHeartRadio Album Release Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 22, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Linkin Park plays another release show for One More Light! This time returning to iHeartRadio and live streaming it,
    in a show that was announced just a few days ago!

So since there is so much history with Linkin Park playing in California, and almost the same amount of history with playing in LA, let's just talk about their history of playing iHeartRadio shows. Their first one came in September of 2012 when they played the iHeartRadio Music Festival. This set was shortened down significantly, only being 39 minutes in length. This caused the band to shorten and move songs around. Shortened songs included In The End, Bleed It Out, Waiting for the End, and What I've Done. In The End opened the show, with Mike playing the piano intro on his keyboard instead of Mr. Hahn doing it the way he usually does. There's a video of this down below for your enjoyment. In 2014 the band decided to have their album release party with iHeartRadio and stream it. While it was also a shortened set it was still longer than the one in 2012, this time clocking in at 59 minutes. You have probably heard about this show before, it's the one where Brad decided to go to the bathroom when the host of the show came up on stage to interview the band after What I've Done. Yup ... that happened. Once again, video of this is below.

The latest show the band played was in Las Vegas for the first release show for One More Light. This show featured the full 25 song headlining set. The band once again dedicated One More Light to their recently deceased friend Chris Cornell, much like they did at the Jimmy Kimmel Live performance, the day before. The band added some sing-along of the Depeche Mode song Strangelove to the bridge of Bleed It Out. The show was apparently crazy, with the whole venue literally bouncing, causing Chester to comment on it. On Facebook there was a stream, showing part of Battle Symphony, all of Lost In The Echo, and all of Good Goodbye. They also streamed part of the Bleed It Out bridge on Depeche Modes Facebook page. Only the Bleed It Out video was archived so we can't show you the other video ... because it's gone.

This is the last performance in the US for a few months, after this the band heads out on a European tour, mixing festival shows and headlining ones. As for what we can expect from this show, most likely a headlining set. However, if we look at their iHeartRadio history of shortening sets, maybe we can see one similar to the Jimmy Kimmel Live performance, of all the currently played One More Light songs, and just a few older ones. Maybe we can even get the full album played by the band. It's all just speculation, we won't know until the show is over. Thankfully though, the show is being streamed live! And it's being streamed on YouTube, so you can use the built in reminder function to make sure you don't miss it. A link to it is below.

Like I said, the band heads out on a European tour, starting on June 9 in France at the Download Festival! After that they have 17 more dates, taking them back to countries like Prague, Sweden (fuck yeah!), England, Italy, Poland, Spain and Germany. For the full tour schedule, check out our tour section. Or just look here below.

Europe Tour Dates:
    Jun 09, 2017
    - Bretigny-sur-Orge, France, Download Festival France 2017
    Jun 11, 2017 - Prague, Czech Republic, Aerodrome Festival
    Jun 12, 2017 - Berlin, Germany, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 14, 2017 - Nickelsdorf, Austria, Nova Rock Festival
    Jun 15, 2017 - Krakow, Poland, Impact Festival 2017
    Jun 17, 2017 - Monza, Italy, I-Days Milano 2017
    Jun 18, 2017 - Clisson, France, Hellfest 2017
    Jun 20, 2017 - Amsterdam Zuidoost, Netherlands, One More Light World Tour
    Jun 22, 2017 - Madrid, Spain, Download Festival Madrid 2017
    Jun 2?, 2017 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, Germany, Southside Festival 2017 - (Apparently the actual date hasn't been confirmed here?)
    Jun 2?, 2017 - Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival 2017 - (Apparently the actual date hasn't been confirmed here?)
    Jun 27, 2017 - Sopron, Hungary, Telekom VOLT Festival
    Jun 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden, Bråvalla Festival
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 07, 2017 - Manchester, UK, One More Light World Tour

Will you be attending this show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet/facebook/instagram pictures to us (we're "LPAssociation" on all those sites) if you meet some other members.

Are you going to this show? Are you watching it live? What do you think the band will play? Come and discuss it in our forums!

Michele likes this.
    mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i seen taylor swift last time on iheart radio nice nice.. linkin park

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Definitely watching the stream

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Yeah , also i think all the music artists ... a
    And of course not the first time for LP...

drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

The Bass is so fucking loud xD

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Holy crap, Battle Symphony and then New Divide and Chester still sings entirely in tune? Holy crap Chester's in prime form right now.

Also as Chester takes off his polo during Leave Out All the Rest

Mike: "This is a really weird song to strip in." :rofl:

Doridorica, Gravity_LP and Alexrednex like this.
    Blake

That was a fantastic performance I thought.
    Chester sounded on point!

I wish they would have played Sorry For Now instead of Invisible and played One More Light instead of Good Goodbye or Battle Symphony though.

Other than that, no complaints!

The Joesen One

SETLIST

1. Numb
    2. Invisible
    3. Burn It Down
    4. Heavy
    5. In the End
    6. Talking to Myself
    7. Battle Symphony
    8. New Divide
    9. Good Goodbye
    10. Leave Out All the Rest
    11. Somewhere I Belong
    12. What I've Done

iamsatan and Blake like this.
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Surprised they didn't play "One More Light" crazy that they didn't end on "Bleed It Out" or "One Step Closer" either.

Blake likes this.
    dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Talking to Myself is such a jam. It translates so well live and the band really seem to enjoy playing it.

The Joesen One

Nikki Sixx was one of the hosts holy shit :eek:

wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Invisible was so good ! People saying LP is a 2 person band now should definitely watch this !

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

The set needs a lot more Meteora.

Blake

It was a 12 song set and they played 2 songs from Metora.

That's a lot considering they have 7 albums

Sasuke likes this.
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Chester sounded great. I'm noticing a LOT of pre recorded harmonies and backing vocals on OML songs though. Quite blaringly obvious when you hear two Chesters at once lol. Nonetheless, the live Chester sounded great. Heavy and Battle Symphony especially sounded good.

Mattwill45

Mattwill45 Member

Somewhere I belong almost sounded like old chester

Felipeintheend

Felipeintheend Well-Known Member

One of their best performance from this year.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the whole show but I've seen some of the tracks that have been uploaded to YouTube. Chester absolutely nailed New Divide which was great to see. He struggled with that song on The Hunting Party tour, it probably didn't help that it was always played towards the tail end of the setlist but nevertheless, it's really good to see him sing the song fantastically well.

He also sounded like the Chester from 2003 there with the way he sang with his raspy vocals on Somewhere I Belong.

It looks like a great show, hope to see the whole of it uploaded at some point.

Mattwill45 likes this.