Linkin Park - One More Light | Release Day Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 18, 2017.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Have you not seen any of the praise around here for this album's lyricism compared to the band's past work? 'Cause it's pretty considerable

2. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

According to Kerrang Chester completely lost it. Threatening people to punch them in the ''f...ing mouth'' wtf. I thought he's more mature and got used to handle criticism. Saying that kind of stuff won't help the band if anything, it'll do the opposite. Seriously Chester, dude calm the f..ck down

3. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

There's already a thread for this elsewhere. Don't be in such a hurry to post.

4. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i guess i would also be pissed as much as Chester when:

1. people complain about the sound since almost 13 years.
    2. these people are going vulgar on a personal level.
    3. dont give them any chance.

I dont want to argue that Chester was right to say such things. But its understandable. I guess sometime there had to be a point where all these things crossed the line. Now the critize the band for going sellout with their most personal stuff. I would be pissed as hell too.
    Some of the people deserved such an answer imo. After all the shit you can read on social media.

Sasuke, Halfway Dwight and Ben like this.
  5. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

up
    People giving them chances since 2007 but even for most patient ones who went through their experimentation phases OML is way too much to handle. If he don't care about reactions to their music then why does he need to be so mouthy about it ? Honestly, I've seen plenty of reviews and articles about OML across the media and even when some comments were harsh, no one deserved to be told such a words like he did. People are pissed, but I haven't seen anyone saying they want to punch Bennington or Shinoda in their f..ing faces. If anything, seems like there are more angry reactions from people who are trying their best to defend OML and band itself towards those who hate new album sound. Band members should lead by example and tackle situation instead of igniting things even more like Bennington did.

6. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

"too much to handle"

seriously, if you dont like something, you dont need to be an asshole. Move on an accept the fact that LP is a band who is doing the things they want for whatever reason. I can understand that people dont like the sound of OML, hell i dont like it all all either. But i dont went to the FB comment selection and write shit about how the sellout or something. People need to grew up and share some respect in their opinions and dont attack each other. That Chester handle this wrong is no question. But understandable.

Sasuke likes this.
  7. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Well, if they're too touchy about criticism they should make an album just for themselves and their families. If you make an album that you intend to sell to public like any other artist then you should expect different reactions especially when you totally abandoned sound/genres you've started with. Sure, some people went too far but so did Chester by responding in such a childish way

8. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I'm a little late but I'd like to just say that I'm so happy reading people's posts about how this music has touched them genuinely. It's really beautiful.

This album is amazing.

9. minuteforce

In isolation, sure, it's bad, but think about the context a little

10. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

It's bad even with context.

Agent likes this.
  11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I want to be on "team defend" because I've had these same losers take it upon themselves to personally attack me on Altwire for my review, but I also see how these comments are making Chester look to the general public and it's not a good look at all. When I posted this on Facebook, 90% percent of the comments were along the lines of "wow what an asshole". Despite knowing myself that Chester is an incredibly nice guy who loves his fans, I saw person after person think the opposite and say he's an asshole and that he isn't grateful to his fans or appreciative of how they feel.

He needs to stop flying off the handle and making comments like these. He's a grown adult, and he's letting the comments of little crybabies make him act in ways he never has previously. He's letting them have the upper hand and damaging his reputation in the process, when the better option is just to ignore the critics. The band made an album they're proud of, and whatever critics say shouldn't matter.

I pray Chester takes a deep breath and cuts this shit out. These comments while funny at first, are really starting to come off stupid and damaging to the band.

Captain-EO, Avo, Xero-G and 2 others like this.
  12. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I'm a bit shocked to see him making comments like this because he seems like a calm and nice peraon in those LPU meetings and also on those promotion videos before they released the album. He seemed like he left all anger aside and got his life back in track. These kund of comments really hurt the band and I wish he could just calm down and not care. Let the people talk what they want because there will always be haters just like for the past at least 10 years.

13. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am not suprised since we know what topics the album covers. There are certain aspects that are important to you and where you sometimes - e.g. when criticized totally out of bounds - should just hold in a little longer and take a deep breath before commenting anything. Since he is not a Keyboard warrior like a lot of people out there there are unfortunately situations where the mouth is faster than the mind. Shit happens, it wasn't a good move, take your own consequence but especially the loudest people should probably also focus on self-reflection.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  14. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Chester should know better than to make such comments, time and again. I get his frustration but this is no way to address your fans.

15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I've seen so many worst comments on their FB page. from 63 million likes down to 61 million likes. that's crazy. Fans are really taking it seriously. I really like OML, I like the production, I like the direction of this album.

wattmatters likes this.
  16. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Yes people forget that's the same person who completed concerts with broken wrists and legs. And the one who stopped a song in between to help somebody in the crowd.

17. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

He is not adressing the fans, he is talking about the people who are questioning their artistic integrity and calling them sell outs. They are not fans.

Forfeit to Break likes this.
  18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Oh believe me, I still think he's that awesome guy. I know he's just upset at what people are saying. It's just people who don't know these things about him (like we do) are taking his comments the wrong way and it's unfortunate.

19. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Both the fans and Chester are to blame. People are really strange, the band releases one album they don't like (or they think it's not what they thought they deserved) and they suddenly stop being fans after 10 years of let's say committment to the band. Does that really erase all those years? It's f*cking unbeliveable. Fine, unlike the fb page but people constantly write the same comments, and seems like the same names pop out, why? It seems to me they're just venting out because they can, they're anonymous. One can argue I also stopped listening to the band after MTM (but the album wasn't the sole reason) but it was done quietly. Does anyone really need to read dozens of angry comments from immature people?
    And Chester is to blame because he can't stand criticism although I understand why he said what he did. I only hope this won't totally ruin his image because it'd be shameful.

20. minuteforce

See, I get the idea that many people criticising Chester, here and elsewhere, haven't considered this side of the equation ^

There's a cause. The fans have been unreasonable (to put it lightly) for so long and the band members have reached breaking point.

Captain-EO, Halfway Dwight and brady like this.