Linkin Park Announce N. America Summer Tour Presale

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 27, 2017.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What the hell error is this? I've tried everything. There isn't a place for my last name.

[​IMG]

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Good luck everyone, and may the odds be in your favor with getting your tickets.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This freak has no last name :halfkappa:

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen Linkin Park play live, unbiasedly, I recommend doing it at least once. Especially if they're your favourite or one of your favourite bands.

I know you said concerts aren't really your thing, but the live experience with these guys is something I think all fans should see for themselves. If it's the sardine-can feel of the GA floor/pit you're not crazy about, which I can understand, maybe consider some close seating? Even if people in front stand and force you to do the same, you still won't be as close to them as you would on the floor.

Seating is also usually cheaper than floor tickets. And even if you don't sit close, just seeing what they do and how they sound, etc is still worth seeing in person. Plus the further away you are the less the ticket will cost.

@LP2K12 likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think it's worth seeing the band in person at least once, yeah

@LP2K12 and Meteorain like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Nobody seems to have made this comment on here, but since I've seen fears of it elsewhere I will clarify in case anyone was wondering:

Per Lorenzo this has no impact on the LPU presales. LPU members still receive top priority for presales and do not need to do anything special to get ahead in line for the tickets. Apparently a few fans felt that LPU members had lost that privilege, and they have not. What this is for is to simply help make sure that when fans who aren't in the LPU try for tickets they aren't beaten by bots or scalpers, thus losing out on the remaining good seats. Sure it's also marketing (spreading the word about OML and the tour through their fans), but the theory behind this is that scalpers and bots won't have access to the 'best seats'.

Or so...that's how it's supposed to work. We'll see.

Derek

They haven't quite announced 'dates' as they've announced 'areas' they're coming to, which means that if say for example it says the 'Portland' area, that they're going to be announcing a date that is either in Portland OR within driving distance of that city.

*EDIT* Vinifeijo deleted his post, but my post was in response to the 'announced markets'. Since he's now deleted it, I am editing this in here to make it clearer.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Vinifeijo likes this.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Sorry, that was a mistake on my behalf while rushing through creating the post. We have corrected the link!

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Yet again LPA is completely useless.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

... we didn't make the page, what would make you think we could give an answer their support is more fitted to give?

LP Fan 210

LP Fan 210 Member

So I know LPU members still get priority access. But are LPU members competing against other LPU members for a better spot?

If so, this seems like a crappy system that encourages people to spend money and buy multiple albums as gifts. If not, then great. Then it really is just trying to eliminate scalpers and bots. Though I would still prefer a normal ticket sale process.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well, let's see why I'd post it on the forum. Maybe, just maybe, someone else had the same issue and they saw a way to fix it. If not, it's totally fine but I didn't post just hoping for some childish response to it. Joke or not a joke, it was a useless response that simply didn't need to happen. Happens often here, so it was my mistake to inquire about the issue. My bad, I know better next time. :)

Derek

But still, we are not linkinpark.com, so to call us useless for something that we have no control over still feels like a bit of a overreaction to me. However, since I don't like to be called "useless", I will give you two suggestions. You may either write to Lorenzo on twitter (since he works at LPHQ) or reach out to him at [email protected]

Lorenzo has been working to coordinate these presales, so if there's any glitches it's better that he knows so that he can work with the site coders etc to get it fixed.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

@Derek
    Yeah, sorry. I deleted the post after i saw my mistake.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

In case anyone else who preordered the album didn't get credit before this presale sign up went live,I emailed Strobe support and they told me Warner Bros hasn't sent them their album pre order sales data yet, and they should be getting it today or tomorrow.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I have to agree. I've seen them live multiple times and they put on a fantastic show. Well worth seeing at least once if you're a fan.

Evan, Meteorain and Doridorica like this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I totally agree!i saw them in 2008 and it was one of the best nights in my life, such an energetic show, they really poured their hearts into it. Today is exactly two months until my next concert and I can't explain how excited I am!

Zakksalvo and @LP2K12 like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I wonder what Linkin Park considers driving distance. It'll take me 2:30 to drive to Portland which is fine by me if it's not a weekday. But let's say LP thinks 5 hours is drivable, I'm not sure I would agree with them if that were the case.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Who the heck wants to go to a concert to listen to freaking soft dancy pop songs? I sure dont, especially stand in a pit. I'm Not wasting my money. Plus I paid 400 for a ticket last year which is insane, i cant even imagine how much they are now. They can take their new pop album and shove it.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This is a post of utmost quality and relevance to the topic at hand. A+ job, my friend.

Sasuke likes this.