Rob/Phoenix/Joe: Always been in the Background?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Spiderguy252, Mar 15, 2017.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Of course I think its pretty out there for Mike and Brad and Chester to just shove down the thoughts of the other three band members. Bc if that's what was really going on behind the scenes, I don't think Linkin Park would have 6 band members anymore. And what's the issue if Mike helped guide the direction of THP. No one complained, Rob and Brad got to shine, Phoenix remained Phoenix in terms of character and presence on album (for better or for worse), and Joe... contributed to song writing since it was 2014 and no longer the early 2000s. The conspiracy that Mike, Brad, and Chester are ignoring the thoughts of the other band members is baseless and ridiculous.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Hahn actually wrote all the songs himself. He let other people take the credit because he hates attention.

Abel likes this.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Speaking of Joe, this thread reminded me of when Joe low-key put Mike and Brad on blast for removing some of his stuff on MTM.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Joe is a master songwriter. :hahn:

Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

He baits you into thinking he doesnt write songs .... He is a masterbaiter.:hahn:

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

This is really one of those cases I hope Astat is wrong lol, I've always sort of admired the fact that song writing credits were even, it helps reduce in fighting within the band. Rob, Joe and Dave are sort of indirectly credited (their labels are all credited on the back of the physical Heavy single). I hope that this doesn't become something more.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Maybe all those publishing entities get involved if Linkin Park is the artist, full-stop. That's a side of the band's career and their industry that I really know nothing about

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I mean, just from interviews and such, I can see Rob, Joe , and Phoenix just kinda being chill with whatever the other guys wanna do. 15 years into it and they're probably just grateful to be as relevant as they are, while Mike/Brad/Chester are workaholics always trying to push themselves. That's the way I see it. Doesn't mean they're gonna break up anytime soon of course.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

People are overthinking this. We suspect tension in the band based on the facts that
    1. acoustic performances don't include bass, drums and sampling
    2. those who write the songs actually get credited for it now
    ?
    Maybe they just really did put more effort into writing the lyrics, so those involved now appreciate being credited correctly. Or whatever. Most bands have a stronger hierarchy than LP does.