Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But that's not even an opinion of whether you like the sound or not. It's an absurd statement that holds no weight to it, and almost nothing supports it besides some fans not liking the direction. Woop de do, that happens every cycle.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Selena Gomez makes A+ music and this song is an A+ song so I give it 100%

3. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Ok. Gave it a few more listens.

I like the melody/vocal delivery. Lyrics aren't bad either. The instrumentation (or lack thereof) and overall "sound" of the song is what is throwing me off, I think. I still don't really like the song, but see some good in it.

I just can't help but feel that it (and Heavy) sound so generic and uninspired.

4. IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

Wherever I go, it's gotten to the point where I'm just going to post this video every time.

5. Head.Cars.Bending

Head.Cars.Bending Member

This song is so fucking cool. Love the beat and chorus, very very catchy. This song is crazy good just after the first listen, I dont even have to give it another listen or two to actually like it, like with Heavy.

edit: This needed to have been the first single.

brady likes this.
  6. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

NO more songs till May! I don't want 30% of the album out already.

7. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Or it could be the poppiest thing that comes to mind."

"Maybe it's a total fucking airball but maybe it's really interesting."

I am leaning more toward airball than interesting, because it just doesn't sound interesting to me.

This isn't about doing "what the band wants to do." I don't give a shit, they can make a bluegrass record for all I care. If it's done well and is actually interesting I will listen.

There's not a whole lot about Heavy or Battle Symphony that sounds interesting to me, maybe other than Chester giving vocal deliveries we haven't really seen from him before. The music/sounds are pretty generic feeling.

Edit: Maybe that's the issue. They focused so much on vocals/lyrics this time around that it's starting to look like they had these incredible melodies and then had to "force" (I use that term very loosely) music on it, and based on the two songs we have heard so far that music they added to it is just kinda "meh".

hybrid1988 likes this.
  8. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Just wanted to come in a say that Chester's vocals to me make this song so very worth it. I can hear a lot of where the complaints are coming from in terms of instrumentation. Really enjoyed the drums on this song. I would have liked less electric drums but for this song they work really well. But Chester's vocals though. I might be looking a bit far ahead but I hope that by LP8 they combine higher technical music with the vocal deliveries displayed so far because I loving the way Chester sings on this album.

brady likes this.
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I've been listening to this song on repeat my entire bus ride.

It's so so so so good :headbang:

Halfway Dwight, Narc85 and Nimz Lp like this.
  10. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Same. Well, on a couch at home, but on repeat nonetheless

11. viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

Did they mix live drums with the computer ones. Sounds freaking great. Looking forward for Invisible.

12. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

If I had to compare Battle Symphony to anything LP related, it would be if you took Chester's parts of Waiting For The End and made a whole song out of it with a pretty straight forward pop beat behind it.
    I love WTFE, but part of what makes that song great is all the surprises and twists and turns that song takes (especially for a pop song).
    In other words, the "other parts" is what Battle Symphony is missing. I like what I am getting but it needs more to take it on another level.
    Hopefully, the whole album is structured in such a way which makes the strength of each song shine.

So far we haven't heard Mike singing or any rapping, we haven't heard any fore-fronted acoustic guitar/piano or any truly specific, personal lyrics.
    I feel like there is still a lot of elements on this album that will surprise us in a good way.

dontFindOutMe likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm gonna say something that may make me unpopular with some LP fans, but f--- it.

To the people who have nicely voiced their disapproval and just stated maturely that this music isn't their thing? Thank you, you're a good example of how a person should voice their disapproval of something in a respectful fashion. I salute you for acting like a grown up.

To the people who have disrespected the band, hoped they broke up and have all out trashed the band for making the music they want to make (you know who you are): You're rude, you make me embarrassed for the fanbase, and should be ashamed of yourselves for how you're acting. If you don't like the sound? Fine. But don't act like immaturity whiny crybabies over it. You're all adults (or at least I'd assume you are) and you should really do yourselves a favor and act like it. Grow up.

14. phabio

phabio Member

It sounds very pop and even worse than heavy in my opinion (this one doesn't even have guitars at all)...I'm definitely losing my hope for this album...

15. Gabriele Soncin

Gabriele Soncin Member

amen

16. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

About 10 listens later, this track has grown on me a lot, even though I liked it on first listen too. This is more Linkin Park-ish, and production wise, it certainly sounds like something Mike Shinoda would produce. Love the small subtle details buried in the back, sounds a lot better on a good set of headphones. Although, I'm imagining how dope this would sound if those synths on the verses had more fuzz to them like ATS/LT era. But well, can't complain. I love the song.

And as a huge fan of vocal chops, I'm really thrilled whenever Linkin Park uses them, and IIRC, they've never used it as prominently as this, being a part of the main hook (or am I forgetting something?). So this is fresh to me.
    To me, this album feels like it's going to be a successor to Living Things production wise. I just hope there's more experimental stuff with interesting song structures in this style. I'd be sold.

Avo and Alexrednex like this.
  17. phabio

phabio Member

Agreed...Unfortunately :(
    So far, these new songs have been quite a shock...

18. Head.Cars.Bending

Head.Cars.Bending Member

Being open minded, musically speaking, is the key.

I cant tell you how many times Ive turned off the radio just because a poppier or country song came on. I was so intolerant of anything besides rock. Maturing later in life, surprise surprise I've realized that there are good songs out there that don't have to be just rock.

Now I love all kinds of shit, and Battle Symphony is good shit, regardless of whatever you want to classify the genre as. Good for LP.

19. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

It actually sounds like a FM song.

20. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I really like the song. But it just doesn't feel special or even more personal than any of their older songs. I am loving it right now but I am bound to inevitably get bored by it within two days. It's a lot like LT. That record was great for some days but then the hype wore off and songs became boring and stale. I wish we got songs more like WFTE(which I consider band's trademark song) than more like BID. I have no problems with going them Pop or Metal as long as my ears enjoy the music. :)