February 27, 2017 - The Late Late Show with James Corden

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Feb 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I don't think so because he said something we already knew

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

True, not really new information, but it does (if true and credible) confirm Mike sings it all, whereas it may have been more speculation before. I know Chester said Mike sings on it but I don't think he said only/mostly Mike.

Though I thought you weren't even supposed to say how you felt about the song, which Corey definitely does.

3. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Probably Chester, seeing as how he orignally recorded vocals for the whole song before Kiiara came in.

4. Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

First...Corey is a woman. She is very nice lady. Followed LP on their Hunting Party US Tour, went to every show even got in on more than a few meet a greets. I even met her when they came to Phoenix. The band knows her well. They love her. She's been around for some time. So whatever she says about what was played or what song it was is pretty legit and if there was some kind of non-disclosure, she would honor it. She is a viable source of LP info. Wish I could follow the band every where like she does.

Abel likes this.
  5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Or maybe whatever local female vocalist they can find wherever they play. Shinoda did that for a while when he was touring in support of "The Rising Tied" in 2006

6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

It was just an interview I guess as per LP's twitter.

7. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

It was just an extended version of the interview that he gave the day Heavy came out. Didn't really contain any new information so we haven't posted it.

8. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to comment on those interview comments :lol:
    I appreciate you confirming, more or less, what we can expect the overall sound to be like, not including any signature LP curve-balls and other unexpected moments. However, this is precisely what I have been concerned about ever since news first broke on "Heavy" with all of those teaser snippets. From what I remember, Mike had been going back and forth with his statements with how the sound of "One More Light" would be quite a bit like "Heavy", only to say a short while later that "many genres" would be represented on the album. So, which is it, I wonder?

Now, we have Chester saying OML will be their "poppiest" album yet. How can "many genres" be included on this new album if it is so laser-focused on being "pop"? From what I understand, "pop" itself is considered a genre, yet we know it comes in many forms/sub-genres. Is LP somehow implying that only pop-oriented sub-genres will be represented on OML, validating Mike's statement about "many genres"?

I will be totally honest here: this is the first time since I begun following LP that I have actually been concerned/worried about the direction the band is going in, and whether they are really striving to push themselves creatively. It's no secret that "pop" music has been flourishing for years, and is represented by so many other artists, bands, and DJs. What would compel LP to make a pop-centric album when they more or less declared not long ago that they wished to bring back a sound that had been absent from the mainstream for some time? That they, as a band, did not wish to be boxed in with specific labels for the music they create, only to stick with one genre for a new album? Isn't it true that not even THP stuck to one genre, that it included several harder, and dare I say, heavy, subgenres?

I am genuinely confused and worried by all of this, and it pains me to say that as a long-time, highly supportive fan.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  9. ragner90

ragner90 Member

To all of the conspiracy theorists who may believe that Linkin Park didn't perform "Invisible", you can always check Mike Shinoda's Twitter account. There is a "Likes" section where you can see all of the various tweets he has liked. The fact that he has liked comments regarding the band having played "Invisible" essentially confirms it. Case closed.

Example of a tweet he recently "liked":

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  10. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't think that ever happened...it was Holly when she was available, Chester did it a couple times, otherwise the backup singers in Mike's band just did it.

I literally don't recall anyone claiming the Invisible performance didn't happen but okay?

11. Blake

Invisible is going to turn out to be just cricket noises again when the album comes out. Empty Spaces part 2 :kappa:

Iopia likes this.
  12. Blake

"According to Linkin Park Collision Brasil, 'Invisible' from The Late Late Show with James Corden will air on television on March 19th."

- From LPL

Now we find out if it's accurate because that would be exciting!

13. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Mike is just trolling or he got hacked. We never went to the moon either and Galileo was a lie. The sun doesn't exist. And btw if the earth is round, how do you explain maps?

14. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

It wouldn't make sense as March 19th is a Sunday and James Corden is only on weeknights.

15. Blake

Hmmm, maybe they had dates wrong because of a different country reporting it?

Or maybe it's being show on TV but not that show?

I really don't know. Maybe the information is wrong but it still is airing on TV sometime? That would be cool!

16. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

chester sounds good and seems to enjoy singing the song, kiiara is quite shy on stage apparently

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I just wanna know if Invisible hits the somber scale like In Between, or the upbeat scale like No Roads Left or if it's somewhere in between.

18. Blake

Yeah, I would love any description on the song honestly.

But it looks like the people who heard it can't tell us :cry::cry::cry:

19. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Maybe they can't remember how it sounds? actually when I listen to a song, I need more than 4 or 5 listen to really know what's going on in that song.

20. Blake

Nah, someone always says something when they hear new songs no one else has heard

My guess is Linkin Park made then sign a contract to not talk about it.