Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Squadrongod

Squadrongod Member

I've been following this website for a very long time now and have now decided to join thanks to this song... this song is absolute garbage... I had to question whether or not it was Chester at he beginning.. definitely has to be the worst linkin park song ever. Most of my friends like LP. I told my friend the other day when I saw this released "dude linkin park just put out a new song" he tells me to play it and just walks away after like 30 second. Lol

2. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing us a favor and letting everybody know that the song is garbage , may be show it next to your grandma or your mom , I bet she disliked the song too If that makes your day much better ..

brady and JSigcha10 like this.
  3. Squadrongod

Squadrongod Member

Sorry for not blinding liking it

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're forgiven. Do better next time.

Alexrednex, Bane, Rocky and 1 other person like this.
  5. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

thats why i said that the motivation in those days were different, some fans were angry and surprised by the change, and at the time some people were under the delusional impression that LP were a super heavy band and betrayed them with MTM. they were wrong because LP has always been mainstream, and about the music itself, i think theres no denying that MTM and ATS especially are much more interesting musical efforts than HT/meteora.

again, im not talking only about musical tastes here.

now Heavy is actually guilty of being generic at the very least, and now we already expect LP to do something different each time, its not the same case because im not complaining that Heavy is bad because it didnt fit my expectations or because it lacks guitars/screams/blablabla, so its at least a bit different from when MTM came out

for instance, i didnt like GATS that much, but it has to be acknowledged that it was new territory for the band and that it wasnt bland or lifeless at all. i cant say the same about Heavy

yes and no,

its ok to like the song if it pleases your ears, or to dislike the song if its not pleasing for you. but that makes impossible any discussion about music, and music is not only about pleasing the listener (

its when people who enjoy the song start defending it here and claiming that its good, thats when we can say that it is objectively wrong to do so.
    because if all you take into count is the subjective aspect of music you CAN'T convince or be convinced by anyone, it would be the same as trying to convince someone that red is a better color than green, you cant do that (not based on your personal preference, at least), what you can do it say "i like red better than green, but thats just me".
    you could dislike classical music, but you cant say its bad. thats were you enter in a objective discussion were your or anyone elses musical taste is not enough, and if you cant justify your claims objectively than you are objectively wrong. thats why a simple "opinion" has no value in this kind of discussion.

i am, obviously, not saying that my opinion is better than anone else's, that would be objectively wrong.

you are right, but i think the band has already made it kind of clear that What I've Done was made under pressure, to be a single. it really doesnt represents well MTM as a whole.
    The catalyst would be a better one to compare.
    but i actually hope i can enjoy the album anyway

this is a real argument on why the song is bad, a good one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  6. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

The problem is that this comes across as really faulty logic, IMO. It reminds me a bit of people who argue that if you don't believe in a god, then you can't have morals. It's starting on a false premise and drawing logical conclusions out of it. You can discuss a piece of music, or any art for that matter, completely and thoroughly without having to decide whether it's good or bad. Look at Reanimate02's post higher up on this page. It lays out clearly the reasons why he doesn't like this track, without once calling it an objectively bad song, and that's great! In fact, I agree with most of his points. Assuming that you have to be able to rank pieces of music and discern whether one piece is better than another piece to be able to fully discuss it doesn't really make sense. We can talk about the objective traits of a track without discussing the arbitrary concept of quality. Sorry if this is what you meant to say, but it didn't come across that way.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here, there have been plenty of great arguments as to why this song is 'good' and as to why this song is 'bad', all of which are valid. Likewise, there have been plenty of people who've just stated their opinion on the song (on both sides of the argument), without further elaboration. The thing is, your colour analogy is perfect, we're talking about something entirely subjective. You can have a perfectly valid discussion on the merits of red versus blue, without having to decide whether one is better than the other. Likewise for music, I can lay out all the reasons why I personally think classical music is far better in every way to opera, but that doesn't make opera objectively bad music. Similarly, I can discuss why I think The Catalyst is better in every way to Heavy, but that still doesn't make Heavy objectively bad. The idea of good and bad is meaningless. And I do agree with you, there are objective traits we should be discussing, but these have already been discussed to death over the past 1200 or so comments, so I'm not sure what the point of your comment is.

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  7. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

For what it's worth I don't like it either, and I do think it's significantly more blatantly radio-pop than they've gone before. It's just that so many of you have thus weird theory of why they did it that don't really gel up with the facts.

Iopia likes this.
  8. Squadrongod

Squadrongod Member

I'm just confused on how the 6 of them agreed to put this out... I just can't imagine them all being in the studio like "yup! That's it!" ...really can't stand the slow finger snapping.. it's been done about 1,000 times in the last few years.. I'm wondering if the song was written and the chick was thrown in at the end or if they wrote the song with her crap in mind..

I never thought that I'd hate a linkin park song more than in between.

9. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Maybe it's what they wanted to make. I mean i doubt they'd put out just any old rubbish they don't actually like

10. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

#NOTMYLP

Iopia likes this.
  11. Squadrongod

Squadrongod Member

To get out of a contract you would. Haha

12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Come on. You're just saying this because you don't like the song, right? You can't honestly believe this? Maybe you haven't been following the interviews or even see the Facebook performance but Chester genuinely and sincerely says the song was already written and they then brought in Kiiara to give the song another dynamic.

I'm not sure how or why people are finding it so hard to understand that this is the song they wanted to make and they all seem really genuinely happy with how it turned out. The band actually seem like they're in a good place and to be honest their optimism is contagious.

I can understand disliking the song but at the end of the day who the fuck am I to talk shit about what the band want to do and make? If they're happy and comfortable with where they're at then that's great and I'm happy for them. Looking forward to seeing what the album brings.

13. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Oh come on we're getting into Tin foil hat territory here

14. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

33% dislike ratio on that Youtube video....seems pretty high for a LP single

15. blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

I think that all the hate for "Heavy" is caused by Chester and Kiiara vocals. I mean... I listened to instrumental of "Heavy" today three times and it sounds really like 'Linkin Park sound' from some "Living Things" songs or, for example, "Iridescent". ;) There is a lot of guitar, real drums and synths that they used many times on ATS or LT. I think that Kiiara featuring added a lot of 'Disney music sound' to the song and Chester sings strange in "Heavy" and that's why a lot of people keep telling that 'Linkin Park is going pop', etc. I like "Heavy" so much, I listen to it a lot, but I'm kinda sad that they gave us "Heavy" as a first single. I think that there is a lot of Living Thins sound going on in full album and without Kiiara it will sound more like 'electronic rock' or some sort of 'pop-rock'. :D
    If the first single would be a song without Kiiara, people wound't look immediately bad for "One More Light" and there would be more people waiting for the album. I like "Heavy" but I think that was bad move for Linkin Park to promote new album.

16. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Maybe they didn't. LP is famously a Mike-centric project with Brad the second in command, with Chester kicking in some stuff too.

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that none of them contributed any significant ideas to it.

17. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

I agree ...
    I see producer issue ...
    OML + THP IS SELF PRODUCED... I liked THP but I didn't enjoy it as the rest of their discography .. I think that maybe they either loosing creativity or need a producer like R.Rubin

18. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Well, if the band could put out Meteora, they can put anything out.

19. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Instrumentally it does have that Linkin Park, Mike Shinoda style to it. People just aren't ready for the vocals.

20. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Mike said that the sound other tracks from OML will be similar to Heavy's. I fear that all music videos on YT will be bombarded by dislikes