Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Artur

Artur Member

this is better than heavy

2. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This derogatory tone you people insist on taking when you talk about pop music has always irked me. But, then, we all have that genre or style we can't take seriously no matter how hard we try

There's really no difference between the reactions from people who didn't like ATS and people who don't like this new single, if you think about it. Detractors swearing up and down that this time, for real, it totally doesn't sound or feel like Linkin Park, that it's inauthentic somehow. Fans saying this is the one shift in style they can't get behind.

It's just the same thing with every single move the band make. The only thing that's different this time is it's you (if you hate the single) that can't deal, whereas, in the past, it wasn't you.

4. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Just to detour a bit, has anybody seen the new promo pics of them? It's even radically different than the past promo photos. They seemed more confident and upbeat. Slightly ironic since there's certainly songs with sad and heavy(no puns intended haha)notions for this album. Unless I'm wrong and there's an overall positive message being sent. :p

Edit: not that promo pics really mean anything haha.

5. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

Captain-EO and Michele like this.
  6. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

No, you're projecting your own opinion onto the overall reaction to Heavy.

And since when isn't U2 pop?

7. minuteforce

I was here and I'm pretty sure "Until It's Gone" caused bouts of nausea in many people. It was labelled "pop" by many fans here and elsewhere, and rarely in a positive way. I like it, though

It's a matter of perspective -- many did seriously dismiss "The Catalyst" as a worthless, generic "pop" track because that's how they genuinely felt deep inside, period. To them, the band "went pop" or "got soft" for real this time and that song showed it. You couldn't dissuade them. Exact same thing now.

Breno9712 likes this.
  8. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Yooooo so basically I'm ill as hell so I just read through all 47 pages of this....and I've got a couple things to point out

First up, mad respect to Tocaraca for coming out with my favourite quote in the history of LPA
    "Don't call me an asshole you fucking asshole"

Next up I need to commend Reanimate02 or whatever his name is, I'm fairly certain he 'liked' every single negative post in this thread, that is some amazing commitment, I applaud you

Now, onto my feeling of the song. This is a 1000000% true story, I played this song to my pet hamster who only usually listens to Wiz Khalifa and The Weeknd. My hamster seemed disgusted, gained the ability to talk and actually uttered the words "LP SOLD OUT LOL BY MYSELF IS THE BEST SONG OF ALL TIME" so I guess they may as well just cancel the release of the new album??

Being serious for a second, as many have mentioned, this song is definitely a grower. I too heard it at work on a pop radio station which made me feel happy. I couldn't care less if this is 'one last attempt to get in the charts'. I personally would love to see LP have one last run in the singles charts. Some of the newer singles have been criminally underrepresented in terms of charting positions so why not go 'pop' to get in the Top 40. All the power to them.

I'm super hyped for the album. I'm not getting carried away saying Heavy is groundbreaking, but it's pleasantly surprising in terms of quality so I can't complain.

Most importantly, Chester and Mike (and I'd assume the rest of the guys) seem really happy and proud of what they've made, which is good enough for me.

Captain-EO, Avo, LohithMohan and 12 others like this.
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Speak for yourself. I love all genres :D

10. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Again, your entire argument falls apart when you choose to extremely generalize minute's criticism. Yes, clearly everyone who doesn't love the song is a nu-metal fanboy. :huh:

Go back through this thread, and hopefully you notice how people only respond that way when certain users are overreacting and being generally overdramatic about it.

11. Joe

Holy fuck. Tobin really does know best.

Dekar, Captain-EO, Andreina and 3 others like this.
  12. minuteforce

That was you, but many other reactions to "The Catalyst" were different

I'm not saying those people were strictly wanting nu-metal. I'm saying that that particular shift in style (you can pick any instance, even "Meteora") or whatever change it was just didn't work for them, no matter what. The band changed in a way that they felt was too much.

Hell, one day, it could happen to me. I'm no different; the band just hasn't made something that I'm that disgusted by yet.

My point is, the way you label this song and the truth you feel about it ... someone else has felt that exact way about the LP album you love most. It's not right or wrong, just that change where you feel the band went too far this time. :)

Ecstasy likes this.
  13. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

I understand that people don't like the song, that's fine. But what I'm not okay with is the people that are saying that they are "selling out" or just doing this type of music just because they want to get in the charts, when they have proven in the past and in interviews that that's not the case.

Is it so hard to believe that they just wanted to make this type of music?

Alexrednex, Blake, Andreina and 2 others like this.
  14. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

The Catalyst was actually labelled as techno crap by the haterz. Which was funny.

Chris loves LP likes this.
  15. minuteforce

I or someone else could find the thread(s) when the song first premiered here later. It left a bad taste in many peoples mouths, including head honcho @Derek, IIRC

16. Artur

Artur Member

I'll be honest. heavy is a good song, but as a fan of lp, i expected more. they are capable to do something so much better.

17. Joe

Here's a few of the first 5 pages of the Until It's Gone thread:

Feel free to continue reading over the next 25 pages.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forum/...arks-new-single-from-the-hunting-party.40404/

Captain-EO, Blake and minuteforce like this.
  18. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Mike just told me that the working Title for Heavy was:

PICTUREBOARD

HATERS:
    HEAVY is the Best song ever.:chuck:

Captain-EO and kickgift like this.
  19. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

You know what people, the hate on YouTube and everywhere else is just absurd.
    Why?

1. Its called "HEAVY" but has a softer sound. Not understanding the real meaning which is very childish.
    2. Featuring Kiiara which makes sure its only and only Pop. Again childish.
    3. Chester's soft and mellow R&B vocals. Which means he has forgotten how to scream and sing ? Seriously, people?
    4. Its getting lot of limelight due to Radio play which is drawing casual fans to shit on the video. Its pretty much clear that people are oozing hate on the video just to be in the Top Comments and show how smart they are and comparing this song to the likes of Beiber, calling them Linkin Pop, Sellouts and everything bad you can say? Man, seriously? Bullcrap.
    5. Its a flat pop song. Dude rock a headphone and listen. There are more than a couple of live instruments not programmed ones.

Now lets analyze the song..

1. Live Bass - Check
    2. Live Synth - Check
    3. Real Solid Drumming throughout - Check
    4. Solid Vocals - Check
    5. Good Lyrics - Check
    6. Good Message - Check
    7. Negligible autotune and pitch correction - Check (Watch Live FB session if you dont believe)
    8. Guitar and Drum outro (Guitar starts building up from around the 2nd verse) which are really the highlight along with the vocals.
    9. First Female feature - Check
    10. Different and Good Production - Check

Enough said!

*Recommend everyone to listen this song through some decent headphones to fully experience it.
    Then be the judge.*

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  20. minuteforce

Auto-Tune would be there, it just wouldn't be obvious.