Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

This song will fade into an abyss and be forgotten very shortly

2. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

If queen has:
    You take my breath away and Stone cold crazy in their repertoire.
    I see no reason for LP to get HEAVY on their own.

But at the same time i cant see myself Rolling in my car with HEAVY at max volume.
    It is some kind of embarrasing.

I am not saying the song is bad.
    For a pop audience is an excellent track.

The good part is that Lp doesn have another song like this.
    The bad part is what Mike said about the álbum sounding like HEAVY.

May 19th dont dissapoint us.

Artur likes this.
  3. The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

I agree. It kinda hurts to see people say how much the song is uninspired or made just for pop radio/fame. From all their streams, including today's, they all sounded so inspired, excited, and proud of this album

Halfway Dwight, Kilmer and Zakksalvo like this.
  4. KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

Hated it the first time I listened to it at 10 am. Went back to bed, woke up, listened to it again. Thought "hey this aint so bad actually". Kept listening to it. Now I fucking love it...

EXCEPT....

...as good as Kiiara was, I thought Chester sounded much better. She's much higher up in the mix than him in the parts where they're singing. This is the problem I had with the Hunting Party features; I don't want to listen to other people, I want to hear Linkin Park.

Thank god this is the only song with a feature from One More Light.

Overall though, I love it and the direction they're taking.

TheInterframe, Kilmer and Sasuke like this.
  5. HybridMothership

HybridMothership Member

100 million less views and the same amount of dislikes, as the catalyst.

#ButtHurt

Petar likes this.
  6. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

It will be in the setlist for pretty much every show for the next couple of years at least. If it charts well, which I think it will, then probably even longer then that.

Like most very different LP releases, it will be a grower.

Kilmer likes this.
  7. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'm trying to say something nice about the song but honestly I'm drawing blank. It sounds somewhat catchy but in a very Billboard top 50 kinda way. It's catchy-tune-of-the-week kinda catchy. Just the most safe, bland, cookie cutter and overproduced type of music. It's Living Things 2.0. If I didn't know this was LP, I'd have guessed its a Charlie Putt ft. Wiz Khalifa song or something.

Good thing I kept my expectations at a bare minimum, otherwise I'd have been really disappointed.

TheZlajaZlo and Shadow like this.
  8. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Wow. I didn't realize just how much of the song the band had been keeping from us. I gotta say I really like it though, which I'm not sure would've been the case - at least not immediately - if it weren't for the way it was promoted pre-release. From the early album talk about how much they focused on the lyrics & releasing the lyrics to Heavy before the song dropped, to the clips of the song in its early stages like the piano snippet and the snippet of Chester singing the second verse that would become Kiiara's, the pre-single/album promotion has been absolutely spectacular. Hats off to Linkin Park.

Dat album release date though :timothy:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Their set lists already don't go together.

I think this album will go well with MTM and ATS

Kilmer and Evan like this.
  10. The_Hands47

The_Hands47 Active Member

I get that Mike sounded hypocritical, but from my understanding he was saying he was craving rock music but there wasn't enough on the radio at that time, which led him to want to make harder rock music. He wasn't hating on those other artists, he actually liked them

Zakksalvo and Reanimate02 like this.
  11. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous that people actually feel that way. I've never found a forum for any band that's more open-minded, polite, and well moderated as this place. As divisive as this song has been, the discussion on it has been far more civil than the vast majority of places you might go on the internet. It's really incredible and worth being proud of.

12. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Before we heard anything, I thought the chances were high the song would have a more indie pop vibe. I'd be down with that. I'd also really like a chill wave album from them. Something along the lines of neon Indian would be awesome

13. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If LP is going indie (Mike probably hates that label), I'm totally down.

SkullDevil217 likes this.
  14. Blake

Wait, Train was once not pop? I've always considered them a pop band. I've even seen them live and they are pop rock at best.

Don't fear! We the people are here! I love the song, one of Linkin Park's best songs ever in my opinion :)

Or maybe they just wanted to try something new?

Deliveranze, Sasuke and Meteorain like this.
  15. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I probably would too, but let's be honest this is Linkin Park we're talking about. They've always been a band that expresses their emotions through their music, and with very few exceptions they do so LOUDLY.

Iopia likes this.
  16. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly the vibe I got. He's hyped up Leave a Trace by CHVRCHES and had it on one of his Spotify playlists. It also doesn't sound like him to go bashing others unless it's in one of his raps taking shots at nobody in particular and generally telling them to try to catch up and whatnot...

I don't know where this stuff is coming from. I'm not saying it didn't happen I'm just saying I myself didn't see it, and I'd like to see it for myself before I comment on what was said.

17. Dayz

Dayz Now or Never

No matter how many times I listened to it the song still doesn't deliver to me, I feels that the execution on the song is weak, I don't care about what direction they are going but this song is underwhelming beside from the vocal by both Chester and Kiiara. That sudden intro always ticks me off, I mean where is the intro we see in "drum idea" video? Why remove it in the final version and in the first verse Chester sounds like Lil wayne or as if he is tired, however the second half is awesome especially when all the instruments kicks in. But overall still a let down for me. I'm a huge fan of LP but that doesn't mean I will blindly like every of their songs without criticising them, just like Mike said, in art school you have to be able to criticise other artist's piece and point out the possible mistakes in it. But unlike the retardness in YT comments I still respect and support every direction they make and still am a fan.

I remember getting into big room EDM back in 2012 from DJs like Hardwell, W&W, Nicky Romero, Alesso, Calvin, Martin etc... and wishing for a LP edm song and *bam* LP and Steve Aoki happened. It was a dream comes true :jawdrop:, not just one song but two edm songs from LP. I admire their ways of combing different styles to make it their own; that is why their first name is Hybrid Theory, I remembered I even joke with a friend about LP going full Pop...well....err...that came true as well :shinado:. Not like I have any problem with full LP pop but this song doesn't have that LP sound to me, no signature synth, no signature drums (first half), more... I dont even know anymore but instinctively it doesn't sounds like LP to me. A Light that never comes and Darker than blood, still have that LP feels and sounds to it but this one is missing it in the first half.

My conclusion is if only the first half have intro and sounds like the second half; it would have been a 10/10 for me, but right now just 6.5/10. Still sad to see all the hates it is getting and seeing how happy and genuine the bands talk about this song and the albums makes me hope the album (when it drops) proves all the haters wrong and kicks them in the balls and me too.

Currently into some deep house or chill electronic from small indie artist, so I hope the whole album have that feels too. If some of you here like what I'm listening and if you have time check these out.

Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (it's different Flip) : https://soundcloud.com/itsdifferent/shapeofyouflip
    Retro Culture - Calling : https://soundcloud.com/retroculture/calling
    Laserkraft 3D - Egal Wohin (Mahama Remix) : https://soundcloud.com/mahamamusic/laserkraft-3d-egal-wohin-mahama-remix-1
    leo kalyan - fingertips (cln remix) : https://soundcloud.com/leokalyan/leo-kalyan-fingetips-cln-remix
    :chuck:

Artur likes this.
  18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Because I can and it's an opinion ;)

And your way of thinking is just as subjective and I respectfully disagree.

19. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

To be honest though, I personally think it's a great time for pop music.. All different genres are being pulled from the vault to add diversity to a catchy, sing-a-long-able song, which is the reason why I'm all fine with them going all pop, as long as they remember there're still 6 people in the band. Heavy, while not the best representation of that, does have a distinct band layer that's long been missing in a lot of the peer alt. rock bands. I don't want to drop any names, but at least Heavy gave the feeling like it is still a band making this music, which is really important for me.

I feel like I paraphrased myself 5 times so I'll just leave it at that

20. Blake

Fans were satisfied? I know many people, including myself ,who think THP is their worst album. I even know a lot of "nu-metal Lp is best lp" fans who think it is their worst. A lot of people outside of LPA universally agree that it's their worst album from what I've seen.