Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    NOTHING MORE TO SAY

frezer86 and Reanimate02 like this.
  2. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

That moment when you think the song is the worst Linkin Park song ever and it seduces you and steals your heart
    [​IMG]

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Give in to the song. Embrace iiiiiiittttt. :fedora:

4. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

What abomination have you unleashed, man. Gonna need some eye bleach after seeing this. :halfkappa:

Chris loves LP, Bane and Deliveranze like this.
  5. Deliveranze

I don't like this thread right now
    Stacking up negativity that is so unnecessary....

6. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Deliveranze likes this.
  7. Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

So basically this is 25 pages of people hating the song?

Reanimate02 and Deliveranze like this.
  8. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

you mean someones differing opinion.
    Just because it's something you don't like what they said doesn't mean it's a negative comment, just someone else's opinion.
    They have the right to not like the song, and you have the right to like the song.
    I hated this song when i first heard it, not it's really grown on me. But not that much. It sounds like some song you'd hear on some top 20 pop song radio station, and I dont like it. this song is a 2.5/5 for me and isnt going to go any higher.
    And i really hope the rest of the album is more diverse and original.

HearTEateR likes this.
  9. HybridMothership

HybridMothership Member

Another song that splits the fanbase.

Unfortunate, i like it.

10. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

That crawling acoustic was just so beautiful made me cry, i wish they played their old songs acoustic, songs like in the end, with you, numb, pushing me away, the last part of papercut

HybridMothership likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Nah it was a joke. I don't mind anyone's opinion but, naturally, I am upset with the amount of disdain. If I wanted to see people shit on them, I'd go to any other place on the internet. I can understand not liking it, it is what it is, I don't intend to change your opinion. Ya either like it or ya don't.

Crankshaft likes this.
  12. SkullDevil217

You're generalizing all the criticism. One thing is to not like the song nor the direction of the album.

Another is to insult the band and act like bratty children who have been grounded by their parents, which quite a few users have been doing in this thread. The ones who do explain themselves clearly on why they don't like Heavy while not acting immaturely, I have no problem with.

Crankshaft likes this.
  13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'm in the same boat. First band I ever got into, back in '01, sparked my interest in music. At the point now where I have so little interest in them I almost never listen to them anymore. Passively curious as to how this album turns out, if Heavy is any indication then it's probably the first LP album I don't buy.

14. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I thought I was done with this site years ago - but the desire to share thoughts and speculation with my fellow Linkin Park fans is too much. Every album cycle gets me all sorts of antsy for the new music.

I'm 25. I can remember the first time I heard every lead single for every LP album since Hybrid Theory. I can remember my reactions to each one of them very clearly. Aside from The Catalyst, I felt like my head exploded from excitement each time I listened (The Catalyst, of course, has grown on me, but it took a while). Burn It Down? I played that nonstop from probably a week. Guilty All The Same? When I first heard that song I swore it would always be my favorite LP song.

Now, for Heavy, it's so strange. Maybe it's because we didn't know the definite direction the band was going to take with this album. Hell, I still don't. I think I'm still ajar because the final song sounds so much different than the teasers from the last week. I don't mind pop one bit. This style is fine with me. Obviously, LP do whatever they want, and after THP I was hoping for some more somber and mellow tunes. I'm also fine with the track length. I spent years of my teenage years listening to Meteora, which had songs mostly shorter than this. What I'm having trouble accepting is how drastically Kiiara outshines Chester on this song. Chester's vocals are beautifully delivered, but I feel like the really shining moments of the song are the parts where Kiiara is singing. So that part is a bummer. That said, I listened to the live version, and absolutely loved it. So maybe an acapella version of this studio version sometime would help me clarify where Chester is really present in the song.

Overall, I don't mind the direction one bit. I like the song, I just wish Chester was more prominent. He's amazing in it. I don't see anywhere that there's another vocal collaboration in any songs, and if that's the case, then all will be fine as Mike and Chester share vocal duties for the rest of the album. Hyped, as usual, for the new album.

The album is also coming out the day before my wedding. Seems fitting that, as big a role as these six men have had in my life with their music, they would release a new album before the most memorable day of my life. Pretty awesome, actually.

P.S, that BID live performance today was amazing. Holy cow can Mike sing, he's come so far. I love his voice in compliment with Chester's. Very excited to see the vocal interplay between those two in One More Light.

ciao_fiv, TheInterframe and Kilmer like this.
  15. AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

This!

Also, I think the LPA community should be a little more open minded. I get it, we're all LP fans, but you gotta be able to say your honest opinion on here, without getting comments like "Um, good for you?" or being labeled as a HT fanboy.

16. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

this is a lyric video. when does the real video drop?

17. SkullDevil217

I mean, you kinda have to with that type of comment. He already stated he didn't like the song, which is fine, but I don't see the reason why he had to add those last three sentences like he was being petty.

18. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

While I'm enjoying the song for what it is, I'm disappointed with Chester's vocals. I wanted to hear the amazing vocals that the band has talked about, and I feel like I didn't hear them here. Hopefully, single #2 will showcase Chester's range much better. Also, I hate myself for saying this, but I feel like Kiiara saved this song, and I was not expecting that at all.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Mitch likes this.
  19. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

20. SkullDevil217