Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

There is plenty of positive music out there.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

The 90s called, they want their lifestyle back

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Honestly I totally respect and understand this opinion. I'm not one to label things as bitching or complaining as long as it's an opinion that's explained and has backing. Then it's just discussion, maybe venting/ranting at times but everybody needs that at times.

I'd like to respond properly but have to get to work, just found out there was an accident that'll make my drive longer, so I'll do that later. But I appreciate the well-supported reply. I'll either edit this later or just delete this and post again.

Have a good day, to you and everyone else here.

4. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Why are you stating this like it's a fact? Fans are not entitled to expect or demand anything from the band. So they haven't let you down.

They can make whatever the fuck they want. And if it's personal to them, and resonates with a lot of others as well, then that's completely their choice as well.

And having a guest vocalist makes no difference to how personal a song is. They still wrote the lyrics.

ciao_fiv likes this.
  5. BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

I personally don't get it, if you've been a fan since day 1 then change should be accepted by now. I do hold a bit of a grudge that they threw all those other bands under the bus last album cycle and now releasing a Chainsmoker type of song but if you hate it just know they figured you probably would and gain a new fanbase with younger millennials.

6. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

My only complaint is that it is super forgettable. Having listened to it a few times throughout my work day, nothing really stands out to me as being particularly good or bad. I honestly couldn't tell you how the song goes. Regardless of quality I still find that BID and UIG were far more memorable singles upon release.

On a separate thought, if the rest of album is in this vain, I will be quite curious to see what they do with their setlists. I don't think it'll mesh well with a lot of their older songs.

7. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

When there are so much complains, is because something is wrong. So the people that liked the song, good for you, but try to see that there's something out of place happening here.

It's not about polarizing or being unexpected, this time i think they got it wrong. They are doing something so basic, non innovative. I mean, for LP it may be new but in the music world it's the most cliche right now.

It's a pretty ok pop music, but nothing beyond that. Nothing new or different. I'm one of those who thinks that LP should be on mainstream and top of charts again, and I was expecting a pop appellative song... but Heavy was too much. They crossed the line between commercial and alternative, and became only commercial (it had happened with ALTNC and DTB)

I love this band, I learned to listen music with them... but some line was crossed here. I can't help but see it as a Kiiara song featuring Chester.

Anyway, I liked the acoustic version. The electronic beat and elements are what make the melody into a cliche pop song. Hope the rest of the album is different.

8. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

seems like the fans are confused by this new song.. calling it faggot music

btw... youtube comments are ridicolous

9. Eraz Zarkasih

Eraz Zarkasih New Member

nothing new here lol :rofl:

10. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Dreadfully generic and empty song. Sounds completely calculated for radio play. One of the worst things they've ever written. Had they not been saying that they really wanted to focus on the songwriting this time? That makes it even worse.

...of Chester farting in a cup.

I said more or less the same thing a couple of years ago directly about LP. You have 6 bandmembers but still need to bring in a bunch of other people to write songs? Sounds like you're running out of ideas.

Reanimate02, freddurst and Shadester like this.
  11. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

You know what guys, the song is actually pretty ok :lol: After 10 negative comments here I'll just say that my unconditional love for Linkin Park helped me like this song.
    Shit!! Why is everything so heavy?! To be honest, I found a new meaning in this. We people in the West are never satisfied with what we have and get. Like Linkin Park said, lets not make it too political.
    Many people in Europe want to leave the EU. Trump etc... It's because we in the West have a dissatisfaction whilst actually we are having it real good compared to other places in the world. Not just politically, but in many ways we are dissatisfied whilst actually most of us in the west have it real good.
    The only thing that really bothered me about the song was not the song itself, the melody etc. not at all, the only thing that really bothered me was what they did to Chester's voice.

12. freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

[​IMG]

13. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

O MY GOD IM STARTING TO HEADBANG WITH THE SONG NOW. ITS WORKING. ALAS. LINKIN PARK DID IT AGAIN. ITS UNFAIR. THE FEELS
    THE SONG IS GETTING BETTER JUST LIKE THE CATALYST

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    KarL_LewiS likes this.
  14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The production saves this song. It feels so warm, if that makes sense. I love the faint vinyl crackling throughout the verses, sounds so relaxing.

15. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yeah, this song is a one big meh for me... if this wasn't Linkin Park, I wouldn't bother listening to it twice.

But what is more important to me is the album. If the whole album is like this, I think I might be done with them for good. And I won't be sad. I've been a hardcore Linkin Park fan since 2001, and they have been with me most of my life. Maybe it's time to finally move on.
    But I have hope for One More Light to convince me to stay with them...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  16. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I actually prefer the live version of this. It sounded way better. What puts me off the studio version is Chesters "pain" vocals. It's just a bit too much for me.

Also as a side note, loved the unplugged Burn it Down and I loathe that song. Made me appreciate the lyrics so much more.

17. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

we have talked about music. but what do you think about the video itself the visuals the animations? tell me

18. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

D'aww, it's always cute when fans wish career failure upon a band just because they don't like their music.

19. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, i'll be deleting this track from my phone on release.

That hurts to read but I think it's true :(

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Wow. This thread.......

I wish there was a safe haven for those who love this song like me :cry:

ciao_fiv and Bane like this.