Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to hear acoustic interpretations of HT and Meteora. Songs like By Myself and Lying From You on piano would be different.

2. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Logged on Spotify now and the first thing I noticed after that was the playlist "This is: Linkin Park", after that there is a playlist called "Pop Up" and Heavy is the second song on that playlist. Also on the new songs place, LP is together with Kate Patty and Marron 5 as the most rellevant.
    I don't know if this means something but we may be getting a big hit with some nice promotion.

3. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I really hope so. The guys deserve it.

4. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This caught my attention;

[​IMG]

It goes from Hunting Party, and seems to be pointing to Hybrid Theory as a "more underground" album? Is that correct or is HT supposed to be pointing to HP as a 'more underground' album?

Because regardless of the quality of this new song I think a lot of you might be too young to remember, but 2001 era Linkin Park was a very, very pop friendly act, and this idea of them being this gritty rock band at any point in their careers is something that was never actually the case. Knowing that might make the fact that they really just did outright pop music a bit easier to swallow.

Alexrednex likes this.
  5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

That's why you don't already add it, it's an acoustic song on its own

In fact if anyone of you know the band "The Early November" they just an acoustic album celebrating 15 years of their band and it has 15 tracks. If Linkin Park did the same thing but for like their 25th year, that would be AMAZING

6. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

A german nu metal/metalcore band actually did somethign similar they recorded their "greatest hits" (for a lack of a better word) and redid them acoustically.

7. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

We could add the Messenger, and for #10, I think Mike said One More Light was a mostly acoustic song, so maybe that could work for 10

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure those songs are both already acoustic songs.

The idea is to record songs as an acoustic version.

I could easily put a 10th LP song there but I think a new song would be cool!

Petar likes this.
  9. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I'll put Shadow of the Day....

10. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

well for what I noticed when bands do acoustic gigs/unplugged shows they add songs that are acoustic in the first place pretty much 99,9% of the time.

11. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

More like Kiiara feat. Linkin Park. Not my cup of tea and far far away from anything they've done in the past.
    I hope some tracks on the album are closer to the sound of the lp we all know and love.

Reanimate02 likes this.
  12. Vademek

Vademek Member

I fucking love this song. Much better than whole Hunting Party. Hope that the rest of the material on the album has the same, strong emotional vocal from Chester, just like they described it in interviews.

13. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Oh man.

[​IMG]

14. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

All three of those performances on the live broadcast were awesome. Chester sounded great.

For those saying that this is more like Kiiara featuring Linkin Park... Chester is either singing alone or harmonizing with her for over 50% of the song, and he also opens it. How many times have guest vocalists been the first voice you hear on a song? I'm sure it hasn't never happened, but I'd bet not too often.

And I find it kind of odd that so many people are voicing issues with song titles... my minor disappointment is that for the first time ever a song title shares the album title. I just liked how they weren't doing that. I guess One More Light is truly important to the band, as it's been said, so I'll get over it. I'm glad the album isn't self-titled and I'm glad there's no track called "Love Skies" like that one article suggested. But the point being there's zero context to put these titles into and yet so many are saying this and that about them.

"Good Goodbye" has been a popular punching bag... just wait, and maybe see how much it might make sense with the song. Maybe the theme there is that there are no good goodbyes, because goodbyes are almost always hard and that's why so many don't like them, or that for once this is a good goodbye because it's saying it to somebody who's been toxic in your life, whether or not you've been wanting to admit or realize it.

15. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

I mean...were you really expecting anything else from the YouTube comment section?

Alexrednex, RapidGunner, Bane and 2 others like this.
  16. Giorgos [Blind View]

Giorgos [Blind View] blah

Ahh LP finally released a song that is hated by anyone with passion. What a happy day. I feel almost 7 years younger.
    Also, I love the "this is not LP" comments. It's happening in every cycle, I know, but it's funny every time.

What I have learned from the fansites, after the ATS cycle when everyone hated that album, is to not take fans' opinions seriously.
    I expected this song to be catchy af. It is. I really enjoy it and I hope it goes really well in the charts.

The song sounded great live, especially the added guitar by Brad. I wonder how they are gonna play it w/o Kiiara. Also, THAT BID MIKE PART.

Alexrednex, RapidGunner and Breno9712 like this.
  17. Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

All this hate for the new single is taking me back to when "What I've Done" came out. Good times, good times.

Also, can we all agree that Rob sounds amazing on this song? Those are the best sounding drums I've ever heard in a Linkin Park song. They're so big and up front in the mix. Usually Linkin Park doesn't mix their drums this loud.

Deliveranze and Mitch like this.
  18. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Someone commented on brads great guitar tone! WTF was that a joke? I dont hear any guitar at all. The acoustic version had some cool parts but the official version i dont hear it.

19. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Why do you care what a bunch of faceless (to you) strangers say or think about anything? Why does anybody care about that? I'll never understand that. I could be the only person out of 6 billion + in the world to think or feel something and if everybody else disagreed, that's fine, I still think and feel what I think and feel. I've seen enough idiotic, unintelligent comments on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc to last a lifetime, and to tell me not to take them for much of anything at all.

Those are all pretty new songs.

Heavy is a new song.

Bam, relation.

20. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

I actually like the live version much more than the official. I like the official one fine, but the live one was much more feels worthy for me.

Also, HOLY CRAP THAT BURN IT DOWN ACOUSTIC.

Meteorain likes this.