Bush calls for a ban..

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Feb 26, 2004.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Incase you don't want to read all that, it's basically saying this..

Uh, is it just me, or has America literally gone insane? Banning gay marriage? Come on. Marriage is about commitment & love, not religion, race, gender, etc.

I hate Bush.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Bush sucks.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Keep fighting or move to Canada.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

That's really screwed up. I think it's really wrong to exclude homosexuals the same rights as any other would normally have...

Ander

As long as we think of them as different, they will remain different.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Natalie, Brintey Spears, and Bush. Three people on my death wish.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Bush keeps contradicting himself. He says we are all equal and yet denies gays the right to marriage. Nice one, Bush.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

What I don't get is that if we are free to practice any religion, then why should the gay laws follow the religion practiced by George W. Bush? Seriously, that's not only immature and stubborn, but he's putting a lot of people through pain because he doesn't agree with something. That isn't who I want running my country.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

just Ontario and British Colombia, same sex marriage is only legal there....

and to Will, i'm glad that your views on Bush have changed since January.... it makes me happy :)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've always been for gay marriage. They're people too, and I love is beautiful no matter what.

RockdOutChic116

RockdOutChic116 Well-Known Member

I actually liked Bush a while back. And now. . . :mellow:

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Bush isn't the only president to contradict himself. Aberham Lincoln said that too but owned slaves. People will never be equal. I really don't know what to believe right now. In my one view I say :Marriage is between a man and women, that's how it should stay, and another part of me says, but homosexuals should get the same rights as everybody else. I'm torn :unsure:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Don't come to BC. Our health care and economy sucks. Go to Alberta. Everything's cheaper there.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

I've always been for gay marriage. They're people too, and I love is beautiful no matter what. [/b][/quote]
    well, your views on him for the war changed.... thats good. :)

and i didnt comment on the topic yet, im just too pissed about it.... id probably get banned if i said what was on my mind, so i'll cool off before i make a statement.

LornVourkolakas

Bush isn't the only president to contradict himself. Aberham Lincoln said that too but owned slaves. People will never be equal. I really don't know what to believe right now. In my one view I say :Marriage is between a man and women, that's how it should stay, and another part of me says, but homosexuals should get the same rights as everybody else. I'm torn :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Never said he was the only president to contradict himself. I simply just stated that he does.

I don't care that he says no to gay marriage. I mean, at least he is being honest about something. It's the fact that he can say he thinks we are equal and yet doesn't want gays to marry.

Ander

Is it true that muslims kill gays (in the middle east)?

Do gays have any hatred for heterosexuals?

LornVourkolakas

Probably some do. The same as some whites are against blacks, some blacks are against whites, and so on.

I, though, am not.

I don't know anything about muslims killing gays.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

Same here... wtf is his problem? I mean, I know he's hardcore religious and stuff, but banning any type of marriage is a bunch of crap. I think he's going to loose a bunch of votes because of this move... including mine.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sorry, don't look down on me but I really thought about it. I believe that homosexual and lesbian people are asking for too many SPECIAL rights above people who chose to be heterosexual. Just because they choose to have sex with the same gender, doesn't mean they should have any special rights above people who are straight, I'm sorry to anyone this offends but I've been hiding this inside for too long. NO I do not hate or have a problem with people of that sexuality, but I do think that asking for special rights only because of that reason is being purely ludicrous.

Yes, sure, they should get the same benefits as married couples. That I do agree. I agree that they should be entitled to insurance benefits etc. because they are the same as straight people except for their sexual preference, but asking for special rights above straight people is just taking it too far. I see absolutely no reason why homosexual/lesbian people should be treated any more special than straight people are, and to anyone who thinks I'm the biggest d*ck in the world for saying that, well I'm sorry but it's true.

You may argue that homosexual/lesbian does not mean having sex with someone of the same gender but the proof lies in the word itself. Homosexuality has the word SEX in it and it is about having sex with another male. Lesbian in the dictionary means "to have sexual intercourse with another female".

Think of it this way...should someone who's heavily into BDSM, get special rights just because they choose to tie up their lovers and do all types of kinky crap to them? no. So why should someone with a sexual preference just as different from being straight, be treated higher than someone who is into well...being straight?

I dont care if people lost respect for me in this rant, I am just sick and tired of people acting like they are "special" just because they are into the same gender.

It's like me going around saying I should have more rights then anyone because I only love women. Pretty lame reason to be treated higher if you ask me.

LornVourkolakas

Actually, Derek, I do agree with you.

I mean, if gays want to be considered to be the same as others, than they should just have the same laws and such as straights. Gays shouldn't expect to have extra special treatment.

People automatically assume when a gay gets beat up that it is a predujice attack and that the person who did the beating should go more years and such. That's bullshit.

If someone gets beat up. It's not a gay or straight getting beat up. It's not a black or white getting beat up. It's a ####### human.

I mean, you see no laws that go for women but not for men, do you?

I think if one group of people have to follow a certain law, that than everyone should follow that law.

Being gay is not a disease, therefore, being gay shouldn't mean getting more rights than a straight. It's just stupid.

I just think that gays and straights should have the same rights - Not one having more than the other. Just the same.