The Venting Out Thread 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Michele, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Nothing you can see or perceive, that is. Every action you take is going to change something along the road. The experience of doing something, the things you learn, the lessons. I learned a while ago that I have to embrace the failures and shortcomings that come my way to be able to embrace and recognize the opportunities for success.

To make an analogy I've heard: if you do everything right to prepare to go surfing and go out to the water, you can't make the wave happen if it's not ready. However, you shouldn't sit and splash in water and get exasperated or you'll miss the waves when they start coming.

Chin up man. :p

2. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Exactly, man. Change is slow. It feels frustrating at first. But soon you'll be at a point where you real the benefits and feel happy you did it.

Don't give up, Tony! We have faith in you, dude.

3. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Thanks guys! I wasn't expecting such insightful responses for such a vague and minimal post. I was too tired to write anything more than that. And honestly, words wouldn't be sufficient enough to express what I'm experiencing.

I know I'm just not seeing the changes happening because of it being such an incremental process. A lot of this negativity has to do with me not even having any desire to live but I try to remain positive for other people. I've made progress because I used to be angry at the fact that I even woke up. I still am not a positive person but I don't get upset at the idea of living as much as I used to. It sounds like I'm complaining or am moping about my life, but there is more to this than I think anyone is going to see.

Thanks for the really nice words - I didn't know anyone responded, so this was a nice surprise to come to tonight.

4. Captain-EO

Nothing could have ever prepared me for this day.

Every step, every class was the last I'll have as a high school student. Sure, greater things lie ahead, but it's still hard to quickly come to terms with the fact that it was the end of so many things that had been such a big part of my life. The last time I will ever run under the canopy of the oak trees lining the road to school for track. The last time I'll ever run down that road with my friends. The last time we'll sit in the locker room and just talk about life. The last time I may ever see some people at that school again. It just always seemed like a distant reality until it was in my face.

I know I don't have a lot of life experience in comparison to some people here and I know a lot of people would tell me that I have to stop holding on to the past to embrace my future. But it's not a cake walk. It's easier said than done when I spent so much time just being a miserable human being and suddenly people started coming into my life and helping me to see the joy in things. Sure, they'll always be a part of who I am now, but it doesn't make any of this less bittersweet.

I will never have another high school class again. I graduate in 16 days. It's just all surreal.

5. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

People are so fucking petty and pathetic. And I'm fucking done with them walking away with no consequences. I can only hope guidance and admin will actually do their jobs and punish them (him). I'm not putting up their shit anymore.

6. brady

Update: One kid got suspended bc of it. Wasn't who I suspected did it, and I don't completely hate them, but if they did it, then they deserve the punishment.

But oh no, I just can't take a joke, even though I told them to cut it out. It's not my problem, you should have stopped. You're not funny, you're douchebags, and it's time your actions have consequences.

7. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Show em!

What happens if i may ask?

8. brady

There was voting for student council coming up. So some guys thought it'd be funny to hang up these stupid posters saying vote for me and shit. Apparently they went around in the hallways telling at everyone to vote for me, they would mock me during class. I didn't find it funny at all and it was really pissing me off, so I said stop. They didn't, so I went guidance, brought them posters, showed screenshots of tweets, and told them I was sick of what was happening. Didn't think it'd lead to a suspension, but oh well. Not my problem.

9. GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder what people think of me too much
    to the point where I start to question how I should be
    I question if im trying hard
    I question why people hate me so much
    All I wanted was to be seen as normal!

10. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Almost every problem is based on how the rest of the world see you, and how you see them always being happy.

The neighbor's grass is always greener. I love this saying. The people you see as a fail proof model sure are looking at other people and thinking how they wanted to be like them. It's a cycle. It's very likely for someone you see as perfect to be seeing you as perfect.

If you see my facebook, or anyone's facebook, you will think that my life is the best, i'm funny, i'm always happy, i'm smart, i have the best relationship without flaws and fights, i have the best job in the world, etc etc.
    But i'm looking at your facebook profile wanting to be you, to have your stuff, to have your life.

Everyone has problems and everybody hides it in their social life. You see someone posting a picture at the beach with their boy/girlfriend, both smiling under the sun and you feel bad because you don't have this. But what if this couple was fighting? what if the trip was to solve a big family problem? Nobody post his bad stuff on facebook or internet in general, so everybody seems perfect and unbreakable. Don't count on that.

Sorry my english is bad, i hope you understand. I think everything is based on standards and expectations. And todays social life put expectations at the maximum level that no one can reach.

11. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

my parents still treat me like an infant, i'm 19 years old now and they think their "fear of bad things that may happen" to me is a good argument and a reason to prohibit me from going places (pretty much any place except college). it all seems like teenage drama for most people around, but i really am 3-4 years behind everyone i know when it comes to autonomy, self reliance and experience in general.

this has been going since my childhood, they pretty much sabotage me in every way, and although i somehow managed to become a kinda normal person with no self esteem issues thanks to books, good friends and my tendency to enjoy being alone, this lack of experience undermines my confidence and ability to do things that are caracteristic of my age, its very hard for me to enjoy things, to open myself emotionally, and to just live in the present moment, my anxiety has been growing for a while now and i dont even get the oportunity to face my issues, because on top of all the usual worry about the future, job, studies and stuff i have my parents holding me back.
    because the wolrd is so dangerous and it's better for me to be a child forever so i can validate and give some meaning to their lives while they age.

12. Captain-EO

The way you've worded it makes it very hard to follow what actually happened.

13. brady

I don't know how to make that any clearer :lol:

14. Captain-EO

So you got pissed off because they said to vote for you? :confused:

15. Modern Guitar God

From what I understand, they were doing it in a way that was making fun of him.

Captain-EO likes this.
  16. Captain-EO

He doesn't elaborate though. He just says they were saying to vote for him...lol.

17. brady

I wasn't actually running. In every class they'd always tell people to vote for me, they'd yell it in the hallways, hang up posters, etc. And it was pissing me off and I was sick of it.

And all that hard work was for nothing. One stupid lab destroyed my grade one marking period, so now I have take this dumb Chem final. Just wonderful.

18. Modern Guitar God

Have bowel cramps all day since I broke my vegan diet. I got too hungry and couldn't stand not eating anything. I hate this diet but oh well.

This is only a minor problem, I deal with it all the time. Not sure why I'm posting it in here lol

19. Captain-EO

This still doesn't make sense... You made it sound like they were defaming your character...which is what I assumed but I couldn't conclude from what you wrote.

20. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

You on a vegan diet or quitting it?