What Would You Like To Hear In The Next Setlist?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by HybridT, Mar 7, 2016.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Obviously you would like to hear new songs but, what would you like to hear besides new material? Do you prefer hearing more old stuff? Or more of the new stuff like THP or songs of the MALL Soundtrack... or maybe a song that we never heard before. I wanna read your opinions.
    You can put your ideal setlist so we can have fun and discuss :)

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

What would I LIKE to hear? More risks. Drop some of the "undroppable" songs. Crawling, Given Up, Points. They can all go. Rotate some singles between sets. Play In The End and Bleed It Out in one, Numb and Burn It Down in the other. Bring back some lesser played tracks. Blackout (in full), When They Come For Me, No More Sorrow, Wretches And Kings, Lost In The Echo, By Myself, Burning In The Skies. Keep A Line In The Sand in the sets. Just keep it interesting, for the band and the fans.

What I think we'll hear? The same, 14 singles (Papercut, OSC, ITE, Crawling, Faint, Numb, GU, BIO, WID, WFTE, BID, COG, FM), a few "out there" tracks (POA, LFY, FTI, Ballad Medley, maybe Blackout, WTCFM, and/or LITE), and whatever singles come out from LP7.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

hopefully, KTTK, AFN, switch up the meteora songs, throw in figure 09, easier to run, don't stay
    by myself would be awesome to bring back.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

At first: We need full songs, no switched up half songs, FULL SONGS.

As much as i enjoyed the Ballade Medley, i really want to see SOAD and Iridescent in full again. I dont need LOATR.
    Bring back LITE, IMR , maybe even LGM and throw out Burn It Down, Given Up and Crawling. And bring GATS back as an opener. Such a killer.
    Maybe some Reanimation elements in the HT songs.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Agreed, assuming a 20-21 (full) song setlist (which is typical for the band), they could easily add more variety.

I do actually think the band has to play certain songs, just not as many as thy think they do. I know setlists shouldn't necessarily pander to the lowest common denominator, but it would be a bit silly if they didn't play, say, ITE. It's one song out of twenty and by far their biggest hit. I do actually think they should play ITE, WID and BIO every night, probably Numb as well. But after that, the other 15-17 songs should be fair game! While I know this will never happen, I think something roughly like this would be a really fair setlist:

(Note: I'm assuming that the new songs will be softer than THP, this would obviously effect the track listing)

[Well known heavy opener]
    [Well known heavy song]
    [Well known heavy song]
    [Less known heavy song]
    [New Song]
    [Well known song]
    [New song]
    [New song]
    [Less known song]
    [Well known song]
    [Less known song]
    [Less known song]
    [Less known song]
    [Well known song]
    [New lead single]
    [Essential]
    [Less known song]
    [New song]

Encore:

[Essential]
    [New song]
    [Essential]

Essentials are the only songs they'd play every night, every other song could be rotated. "Well known songs" are really any of the singles or fan favourites from any album, mostly from the first 3 but also including songs like WFTE, BID and FM.

As an example, this could mean a set roughly like this:

Papercut
    Given Up
    GATS
    War
    [New Song]
    New Divide
    [New Song]
    [New Song]
    Blackout
    Castle of Glass
    In Pieces
    Until It Breaks
    The Little Things Give You Away
    Waiting For The End
    [New Lead Single]
    What I've Done
    Burning In The Skies
    [New Song]

Encore:

In The End
    [New Song]
    Bleed It Out

Bearing in mind that with this system, every song except for ITE, WID and BIO can be rotated, I don't think this is an unfair set structure. The set has lots and lots of the band's more popular and famous songs, such as the 3 songs mentioned above, Papercut, Given Up, New Divide, CoG, and WFTE (all of which, remember, can be switched out for other popular songs such as APFMH, Numb, or POA), but the set also has a huge amount of depth, with a variety of songs such as GATS, War, Blackout, In Pieces, TLTGYA, BITS and UIB making an appearance in this particular example. All of these can be replaced with anything, from Forgotten to Dedicated to ALITS. The set also reserves six slots for new tracks, more than were played at any one show during the THP cycle, even though the band had one less album than they will have this time around. Even with only 15 slots for 6 albums, diverse and interesting sets can be created as shown. Obviously I, like most people here, would love the band to just go out and play 20 complete rarities, but I don't think that a setlist following roughly this structure, or a similar structure, would be unreasonable.

Even this will never happen though. :lol:

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Good example of what they COULD play:

1. [New Instrumental]
    2. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    3. No More Sorrow (Long Intro)
    4. Lost In The Echo
    5. Blackout
    6. [New Heavier Song]
    7. Rebellion
    8. Wretches And Kings
    9. [New Song w/ Mike Rapping]
    10. Numb ('Numb/Encore' Intro/Outro + v1 Guitar)
    11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' v3; Wall of Noise Outro)
    12. Castle Of Glass (Experience; Martin Luther King Jr. Bridge; Oppenheimer Outro)
    13. Burning In The Skies
    14. [New Song]
    15. Final Masquerade
    16. Burn It Down
    17. New Divide
    18. [New Lead Single]
    19. In The End
    20. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    21. A Line In The Sand
    ----------------------
    22. [New Heavier Single]
    23. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ '*something*'; Ext. Ending)
    24. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Something like that hits all the necessary singles (OSC, ITE, Numb, Faint, WID, BIO, ND, BID), trims the fat (GU, Crawling, Points, interlude/medley stuff), and keeps some of the "rarer" things involved (NMS, ALITS, BITS etc.), and keeps it all within their set time (100 or so minutes).

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Doubt any unplayed tracks from LT or THP will ever see the light of day. So not much chance of KTTK, AFN, War etc. Don't like shortened songs. Think that if the new album is softer, then songs like Iridescent, SOTD and Burning in the Skies might make a reappearance as the setlist might slightly reflect the bands current mellower direction. All the big singles will be there. Every show.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I used to think shortened songs were lame, until I saw them in carnivores tour and realized the setlist was way more fun than I ever could've imagined. Personally, the next time I see them I'd like Lost In The Echo and GATS in full, just because those are my two favorite tracks that I think are unlikely to come back in full anytime soon.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I want only the singles. PLAY NAMB PLS

:trollface:

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I wish they would bring back Figure .09, No More Sorrow, TLTGYA, SOTD (full version), When They Come For Me, and Wretches and Kings. I feel like just adding these songs, along with some new album material, would make the setlist fresh even if they were divided between two sets.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Something something not singles.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Numb has to go with Given up, Why dont they replace given up with KTTK

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I know. They want a heavy song early on in the set, and they have so many good ones besides "Given Up"

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'd like two tours for both Europe and NA. On the first tours, play all the singles, arenas and shit. On the second, do smaller venues, market the shows as being for the the bit more hardcore fans and play the songs you don't play when you're headlining RaR.

SA, Australia and wherever else they decide to go should get a setlist balanced between those two.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Fuck off!!!

Michele

Yeah, you deserve just the hits and nothing less than the hits :kappa:

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

I tell you what... Someday, I will be wealthy enough to book 'em to play 365 days a year to play in my backyard. Someday... :kappa:

Michele

:lol:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I'd like them to play the other half of that "this record is meant to be played live" album they spent the better part of 2 years promoting on tour.

Also the return of real rotating setlists ala 2007. None of this "ohhhh we replaced Somewhere I belong with Lying From You so it's a totally brand new set!"

Also A Line In The Sand at full speed. They've had several months of live practice now let's step it up a slight notch.

AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

Blackout is their best song played live IMO. Mr. Hahn always does his solo differently in the live versions.