"two version" of METEORA

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by HARLEYsheXda, Feb 4, 2004.

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

i dont know if this sounds ridiculous but i think like i hear "two version" of Meteora...

correct me if i'm wrong but is that possible that the version for the cassette and the CD are different in their tunes? Like when i played the CD i can hear a "hollow" sounds in the song "Breaking The Habit" whereas in the cassette the sound is "fully developed"... (?!) like i can hear instruments playing at the same level of sounds... geddit?!... (the collaboration of the different instruments is just perfect... it's loud for the cassette but in the CD the sounds of the guitar - Delson's part - is like "missing-in-action"...)

i wonder what had happened to Delson's part in "Don't Stay" when i hear the CD... in the cassette they sounds pretty excellent... i dont know, whether it's the audio quality of my PC has totally breakdown or the CD quality is meant to be like that...

what do u think of it?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

You have a casette player? :lol: You need a cd player. Anyway, where did you get this casette of Meteora?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

They are exactly the same. Cassette decks distort the sound. So, no, you aren't hearing a more developed sound with the cassette, you're hearing a sh*tty sound. Your ears just suck.

HARLEYsheXda

i dont think my ears need to be mended... i do hear louder sounds when i played the cassette... hey, maybe because i hear it on "walkman"... (duh) well, i just wonder why it has to be like that, that's all... it's just that the "hollow" sound of Delson's part in 'Don't Stay' in the CD that makes me marveled 'bout it... like the sounds of his part was being "vacuum" out of nowhere... correct me if i'm wrong... thanks for the explanation anyway...

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Here are some things that could have led to the misconception:

Your ears
    Crappy headphones
    Crappy or Dirty Cassette Heads
    Angry Squirrels with Hacksaws :chemist:

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

yer they shoulnt sound the same, but then a gain cassets are crappy

ha ha ha damn those squirrles

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

A Casette Tape has terrible quality songs on it, a CD doesn't. It's just the quality giving you that difference. It's like radio vs cd too. More staticky on the radio.

MidnightMovieMaker

MidnightMovieMaker Well-Known Member

damn some1s pmsing ;) :phoenix:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

That was unnecessary.....

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

HOW DARE YOU INSULT HARLEYsheXda !11111111oneone THE CULT WILL COME FOR YOU !!!111111111oneuno

J/k. I like the way it sounds on cassette. Makes it sound like it's live. ;)

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

HOW DARE YOU INSULT HARLEYsheXda !11111111oneone THE CULT WILL COME FOR YOU !!!111111111oneuno

J/k. I like the way it sounds on cassette. Makes it sound like it's live. ;) [/b][/quote]
    That's an insult to their live show!
    /me slaps Lorn

LornVourkolakas

That's an insult to their live show!
    /me slaps Lorn [/b][/quote]
    Not if I like it. And I do like it.

MidnightMovieMaker

MidnightMovieMaker Well-Known Member

That was unnecessary..... [/b][/quote]
    o was it? i mean the guy asked a question u guys freak out :lol: :phoenix:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

o was it? i mean the guy asked a question u guys freak out :lol: :phoenix: [/b][/quote]
    Where exactly did we freak out?

LornVourkolakas

Where exactly did we freak out? [/b][/quote]
    Probably is taking everyones critism as freaking out. I think I'm using the word critism wrong. Oh, well. You get what I mean. The whole "Cassetes sucks thing". Yes.. you know what I mean. *Moves hands in Jedi way* You know what I mean.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

:shifty: Yes..master...I know what you mean

HARLEYsheXda

Ok boys, calm down!!... it's no big deal, I'm cool 'bout it! Now that I played the CD again I guess it'll be fine... anyway, I still like what I hear on the cassette... maybe because the "DECKS DISTORT THE SOUND" thing and putting on the headphones that makes the S**TTY SOUNDS better... if u know what i mean... :whistle:

Hybrid Element

Hybrid Element Member

Cassettes are extremely bad quality dude:D, CD is hell better

HARLEYsheXda

having to compare those two... personally, i prefer the cassette "version" more than the CD... simply because it has that "swirling"sound in it... like you can hear a faulty sounds in most of the songs, lots of flaws... lots of noise... (if u know what i'm saying...) - remind that my ears aren't suck, not again! :shifty: ART ATTACKS!!

in the cassette, you can hear that kind of sound, like, clearly especially when hearing it over the headphones ... there's something "dark" 'bout the sounds that i can barely explain, precisely... i just like it... i'm attracted more towards the sounds than the songs!... well, randomly... - that explains a lot since i'd always buy those "kick-ass" CD people wouldn't buy, with the band so damn awesome people would have ignored!!...

...but i can't argue, the CD quality is a whole lot better! i've loads of 'em in my locker... i'd buy "two-versions" - the CD and the cassette - if i really like the band or their songs... correct me if i'm wrong but maybe the CD tend to sound so damn excellent because they're associated with the pitch correctors softwares?!!... :wth: dont be freakin' mad, just educate me 'bout that... :shifty: hey, maybe they're just making brilliant music that sometimes this kind of speculation is unneccesarily!!.. :)

anyway, i tend to ignore whether it's made for a good or bad quality... if it was meant to be bad, they would not have produced it in cassette, would they? ...usually the reputation of the band would overcome that, that the listener, mostly fans, tend to care less 'bout it... they like the band, so, what the heck... (all the teenies, teenies-wannabies, teenies gottabies, hmm...)

some people, however, would argue over the reasons of making that kind of "version" - being the "dedicated member" rather than "ordinary fan",they aren't afraid of giving opinions, critics and all the s**tty comments - but still another 'loser' are going to buy it anyway... (duh) :teehee: :rolleyes: :lol:

it's just an opinion... this doesn't make me look intelligent, either... well, the walkman just keep flooding the market in this region!!!... so 'nuff of these crappy discussion!.... :shifty: