Eating Disorders

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by May, Feb 18, 2004.

May

May Ambient

Do you guys know anyone that has an eating disorder or if you're comfortable enough to share do you have an eating disorder yourself?
    What are your opinions on this disease??

For myself,I'm getting over an eating disorder myself right now. But I was lucky and I wasn't at the point where it was me throwing up all the time. I really regret what I have done since my weight was such a big deal for me. And I'm only 97lbs!! (at almost 5'3) So as you can tell this is very unweight. So opinions or stories?

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

yeah i used to be friends with this girl named eve. she was a really nice person, im sure ud like her... anyway she got anorexia cos some people used to tell her she was fat. which was bulshit if you ask me. i think shes ok now she moved to another country. she went through this special therapy whatever stuff. thats about it. but i didnt get it. why was everyone so freaked out? i dont mean it as an offense to the people who get eating disorders. but whats so bad about it...

ok just dont scream at me for asking in a rude way.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I know a lot of people your height who weigh as much as you. They don't have any eating problems or anything, but I guess it's just the same.

My crush is 5'3" and she's only about 100 pounds. She's perfectly normal, too. And, as far as I know, she has no disorder. Last year, she weighed 10 pounds less, and people were constantly telling her that she needed to lose weight. One day, one of her friends actually stood up to someone who said that and flipped out, saying she didn't need to lose weight. I mean, she was perfectly fine how she was, and I'm not just saying that because I have a crush on her, you know?

Myself, I'm 6'2" and I only weight around 135 punds. But, the thing is, I do eat a lot; it's just that I have a very high metabolism so I never really retain anything to gain weight. People constantly tell me I'm anorexic and that I need to gain weight and whatnot, and I'm always telling them that I'm not anorexic because I actually do eat quite a lot and that I can't gain weight because of my metabolism.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

For a minute, I thought Will was me :mellow: Except I'm 5'10" and weigh about 120 lbs.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I'm 5'4" and I weigh more than your crush... :wth:

I used to have alot of anxiety about my weight. I didn't really need to worry about it last year...but I did...and it led to a good part of worry for me. I was constantly weighing myself and I was always thinking about how fat I was. But then I got over it. I figured that I was who I was and that if I wanted to change that then thats something i'll have to do through being more active etc.

I think my friend has a minor eating disorder. She thinks she's fat so she doesn't eat, even when we try to convince her to, saying she's "not hungry". But she's gotten a little better, now she eats at lunch. I'm really glad, and I hope she's getting better.

slammer800

slammer800 Banned

I have no friends that have an eating disorder unless they havent told me yet...lol

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I'm not overweight, but it's because (luckily) I don't need to eat a lot. I like to eat stuff like chips, and I don't know if I'd stop eating some if I was overweight... Right now I'm 5''7' and 125 pounds.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

I'm 5'2-3", and I'm 118 pounds. I'm content with my weight, although sometimes when I'm feeling down, I imagine having an eating disorder to gain attention. Silly, huh?

From Grade 4 until Grade 9, my friend Jeremy was quite anorexic. He would never approach the matter aloud, as he had a little blind spot and felt he was only reducing his excess fat. Thing was, he had these thoughts when he was 9 and well most 9 year-old children have what I call "baby fat". You lose your baby fat as you mature, and with my friend he lost his baby fat and a lot of his body weight. Just last year he was frail and extremely bony. It was horrifying to watch him. He gave up eating for 5 years because he saw one flaw in his image. I suppose his anorexia has made him a stronger person. He still skips meal but he's moving on. I was glad I was there for him and I'm proud he's where he is today.

I have a girl friend who had similar problems and gave up eating for 2 years. This was an outcome from pressures from her mother to stay thin. It seems as though she was too skinny to begin with. Her anorexia transformed into bulimia and as far as I know, she hasn't thrown up anything for a few months. She continues to eat irregularly.

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

I've never known anyone with an eating disorder, and I can only imagine what it must be like to have one. I can definitely understand where they're coming from, though, because I constantly worry about my weight. I'm an insecure person.

I hate they way celebrities project the image that in order to be good-looking, you have to be really skinny. Most people aren't all that small, but the media pressures people to look a certain way. I wish I could learn to appreciate myself the way I am, and I wish everyone else could do the same about themselves.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

My ex-girlfriend would go on a starve-streak (I call it) for about 2-3 weeks everytime she's depressed. She's done it about 4-5 times and it concerns me highly, because it's more serious than she believes. :mellow:

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I have one friend (that I'm aware of) that has an eating disorder...honestly, it's scary for me because we're not super close, so I just feel so helpless, you know? She goes to therapy and her parents know about it, but...I wish there was something I could do to help.

I myself have never had an eating disorder, but I can see how easy it would be to fall into one. Over the past year or two I've gained weight--not a ton, but for basically all of my life up until that point I was really skinny. Not in an unhealthy way, I just had a superfast metabolisim and I was growing constantly.

I'm 5'8" and around 120 pounds (probably a little more). A few months ago I was visiting my Grandparents for the first time in months, and one of the first things I hear is "You've gained weight!" Now, this was exactly when I realized how ####### easy it would be to get an eating disorder. I felt absolutly crushed. I kind of worked myself out of the hole, but...why do people do that? Why?

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

I suppose I have a eating disorder. I've never eaten a hamburger, cheeseburger, hot dog, any kind of seafood, haven't drank a soda in 2 years, as well as many other weird things. I haven't eaten a vegtable in about 3 years either.

May

May Ambient

as well for me my weight was a such a problem for me that i didn't eat for 3 days and i almost passed out in school. it was the scariest sh*t ever! i honestly thought i was dying. my stomach was eating itself and it hurt like a b*tch so i ran out of class when i got to the washroom i just sat there and i couldn't move. when my friends came after me to the washroom and they try to get me to walk i just couldn't do it. i just lyed there on the floor while my friends had to get my teacher and then i just felt cold and i was sweating but they told me i was boiling hot and pale as a ghost ( i have a tan usually). after that it was pretty much a blur... i just remember being taken to the office and my mom coming to pick me up. this was one of the scariest days of my life. ever since then i started to eat until i started to notice i was gaining weight that's when the throwing up started.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I think I am pretty much the same weight and height as Product (97lbs, 5'3"). I don't eat much at all, but its not really a problem. Sometimes don't eat for days at a time and when I do eat, it's only one or two small things a day.

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

i dont have a schedule when it comes to eating for the day... like, i'll eat whatever i want, whenever i like... i usually eat two times a day... no junk food, whatsoever... just heavy meals... but when i do eat, i eat a lot... not like a horse, but a dinosaur!!!... tyrann!!!

i'm like Cassie, 5'2"... and weigh only 45 kg... i feel weak all the time... i dont know why... maybe coz i live on my own that i usually care less 'bout myself or what i eat... 'coz i'm so damn boring that i'd just ignore it...

my best friend dont have any eating disorder... but i think because of she's a junk-food-muncher that makes her looks bigger than i am, though not fat!!...i guess i'm just overdosed to my tension!!...

I don't know anyone with an eating disorder and I don't have one myself. I'm always a big fan of food even though people around me keep telling me to eat less junk food and chocolate. I'm 5,7" and 125lbs. My friends always make a big deal about how I can stuff myself and not put on weight but I suppose that's just up to my metabolism. In my mind, I'm pretty average.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

Well, I have had it all.

Later last year, I tried throwing up after eating. I did it for 4 weeks. Then I decided that it was pathetic.

Being depressed, I have a weird eating cycle. Like some days I'll eat 3 meals and some days I'll eat maybe 1, and another none and so on...
    This isn't good for my health, but because of the depression, you don't really think about that.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm 5'2, 95 pounds, and I swear I eat like a pig. I could eat a 10 pound turkey for dinner, gain a couple pounds, but next day I'm back to 95. It really pisses me off but I guess it pisses off my friends more. :p

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I was like that until I was about 13...seriously, I was a complete bottumless pit. Not anymore though...

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

:whistle: Seriously, I'm 165 but I'm skinny. I mean REAL skinny, I think I have a 20 inch waist at 15. I workout which I guess is where I get my weight, and I'm tall, so it's another factor, but I eat like a pig as well. I eat all day, and they're not healthy foods. Whenever I go to eat at a nice restaurant, I always finish my meal. No to-go box for me.