The Return of Fort Minor?

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Feb 28, 2015.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Since the last two weeks of February, whispers of a reinvigoration of Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda's musical side-project, Fort Minor, have begun. Though based on speculation amongst fans, the signs are tangibly there. Fort Minor was the chosen pseudonym of Mike Shinoda's hip-hop side-project nearly a decade ago in late 2005 when The Rising Tied was released to critical acclaim. At the time, Mike Shinoda felt that his interest in hip-hop would not fit in with the musical style of Linkin Park and thus pursued an alternate musical outlet.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/022815-212012_Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 1.19.48 PM.png[/thumb]

And now, ten years later, there have been sudden updates to Fort Minor's Facebook page and the creation of brand new Twitter and Instagram accounts under the Fort Minor name all within the last two weeks. In addition the official site, fortminor.com, has been renewed for the first time in six years although at the moment the site only redirects to Mike's blog. As of right now, the social networking sites currently only contain pure black photos, giving away little hints as to the new direction.

Creative fans are already editing the photos. Some believe that the blacked out photos actually contain hidden images. Is that a red dragon?

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/022815-215645_10994170_441965249306359_3812515307933231987_o.jpg[/thumb]​

Now, this cannot be just a random coincidence or a sudden interest by Mike Shinoda to throw down fresh new paint on his old social networking sites, can it? The accounts have been followed by Mike Shinoda and by Lorenzo, Linkin Park's Marketing Assistant/Office Manager. So what does this all mean and is it possible that this has nothing to do with a new musical project? Yes, it is possible that this could all mean nothing. But all signs tell me it's not just a coincidence. Mike Shinoda has publicly stated in recent interviews that he is interested in pursuing a new Fort Minor album when time is right. And perhaps that time is now.

[video=youtube;N46SsCoHzjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46SsCoHzjs#t=526[/video]​

During Mike's Montreality interview (8:45), we know that Mike is interested in pursuing a new sound for Fort Minor if he ever decides to pursue a sophomore effort for the project.

Could it be another hip-hop album focusing more so on Mike's current interests in hard-rock or electronica? Or perhaps a new Fort Minor direction won't involve rapping at all? Mike has posted recent photos on his instagram page of himself with Machine Gun Kelly and Tallywood. As a reminder to fans, Machine Gun Kelly performed with Linkin Park during Bleed It Out in last year's Warped Tour.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/022815-212056_Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 12.48.02 PM.png[/thumb]​

For now, fans should keep an eye on these social networking sites as I am sure more signs will come...

Source: Montreality Interview via Filip | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Mike Shinoda's Instagram

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

You can't forget Ryu's Fort Minor reference on Skin To Bone (Recharged) "Fort Minor:We Major, let's take it to Phase II, the mission isn't finished yet, I've been on the Internet, hearing fans talking, maybe we should consider it.."

He may, or may not be on board for FM2 but at least he dropped the hint that he wanted in :lol:

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

I'm down for a new album be it rap or whatever else Mike chooses.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I think I found something. Help me solve this mystery pls.

[thumb]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d026/fde4lbzwlmbktr6zg.jpg[/thumb]

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

im so glad, even with these tiny news

Monsieur P.

Monsieur P. New Member

Not so black apparently

10994170_441965249306359_3812515307933231987_o.jpg

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Yup, we had speculation about something being hidden in the photos but we didn't want to post anything just yet. We'll leave that speculation inside the conversation here for now.

Updated the front page with it. HYPE

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

What did you do to get this? Found any more triangles like I did? ▲▲▲

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

AW SHIT SON

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm so excited. TRT is still my favorite rap album. Looking forward to seeing what Mike delivers next!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I can't for all the melt downs after the inevitable rumors about Linkin Park breaking up start gaining traction.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i see a dragon , i see

[​IMG]

:lol:

(honestly, maybe i am weird, but i really see a drake in it)

ALL ABORED THE HYPE TRAIN!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

At first I thought it was just something for the 10 year anniversary of Fort Minor (as that's coming this November). But as time goes on, it seems like it's way more than just a simple 10th Anniversary Re-Release.

I mean it makes perfect sense. Release FM while Chester's out on the road with STP. Mike does a month long tour as FM, and Chester does his thing with STP.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Really hope a new FM project will be focused on the Indie/Folk/Electro music that THP was originally supposed to be. Mike can then kind of keep the hard rock stuff focused in LP. Then he wouldn't have to kind of contradict himself or be hypocritical about bricking rock back. xD

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Well thank you guys for posting this. I was losing hope that you'd hop on the hype train until something was officially confirmed in a statement.

As for my predictions, well I hope Mike doesn't stray too far from the group's roots (rapping over intricate hip-hop beats) while finding a way to make it sound slightly more modern, less cheesy (mainly talking about lyrics here), and just a tad more industrial.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    mt2oo8

mt2oo8 New Member

I just made an account on LP Association because I thought I should explain some more stuff that's not been mentioned before!

The Fort Minor Twitter account photo doesn't have any secret message. I've tried everything and nothing is showing up in the darkness unfortunately.

Also I made a clearer version of the instagram black photo but it won't let me post it to this thread? Dunno why.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We resisted for a while posting because we HATE speculating and posting rumors unless we have concrete proof or some knowledge from our 'sources'. Yeah it made us late to the party, but we didn't want to join other websites in having egg on their face if this turned out to be nothing.

While we've received neither proof or info from sources, it's now becoming impossible to resist reporting on it. There's too much evidence stacking up for it not to mean something. The question is...what is that something?

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

"Fort Minor: Phase II, Illuminati Takeover"? "Shinyoda x Illuminati"? "Fort Minor featuring Illuminati featuring Mike Shinoda"? "The Illuminati Revelation"? "The Elephant In The Room"? "Something Something Illuminati"?

... :leo:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Fucking LOL.