What do you guys expect from the band in LP7?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hishaminayat, Dec 26, 2014.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I feel like we're gonna get a MTM/LT combination.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I expect cryptic tweets and Instagram posts from Mike / Dave / maybe Chester.

I expect Mike will give the band a word to use that will encompass the album: "ATS: polarizing, LT: tool-box, THP: visceral"

I expect the band will do what will sell, but in a crazy paradox, will not be considered sell-outs.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

"HT: tribute, Meteora: epic, MTM: departure"

It would be great if they band would continue to explore different sounds, different techniques in song-writing. Experimental like ATS but new, crazy, weird & fresher sound.

lpandpie

lpandpie Well-Known Member

Same here. Something along the lines of A Thousand Suns, but more aggressive (like A Line In The Sand).

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I agree with this, too. I occasionally think about how I wish THP was something softer, but it won't be long before an album with that kind of energy is completely out of the question. Still, it'd be great to hear them put out something soft and make it a big hit (again), like Coldplay's "Magic". Even though they vary greatly in how they sound, their big hits all still feel like "Rock", and are really heavy/angsty compared to hit alternative like "cool kids" and such (Burn it Down and COG, which isn't very well known, are the closest things they have). I wouldn't mind hearing some of those pop demos Mike always talks about.

DarkWolf08

DarkWolf08 Well-Known Member

I think that they'll do something like Living Things to go ''popular'' again! or... go back to HT/M style! wich may be a big thing! :bradwink: but i prefer LT stuff, something that's very ambiental, but strong, and some vocals from chester that gives you shivers!

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The band is unpredictable, but they seem pretty focused on creating high energy songs as of right now with THP. It'd seem odd for them to just throw that away for something the opposite of.....#VISCERAL.

Who knows though, every album they've put out since 2007 has sounded nothing like the next. I personally like that, it makes looking forward to the next album more exciting. If I had to choose what I'd want from their next album, I'd say something in the same vein as MtM. A mix of heavy and softer songs, something for everyone. I'll be honest, I'm not crazy over hard rock (Although I do occasionally enjoy it), so I'd prefer something a bit more laid back.

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

I feel like LP should make an album with the style of the song "white noise"- industrial rock - like NIN.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Well... certainly some music here and there, eh... :leo:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Could be interesting :leo:

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

I'll just wait until they release a couple of singles for their next album or wait for some more interveiws with one of the members from the band, then I'll do some expectation.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

yeah, thats the only seriously thing we could do. also if we have to wait a LONG time :lol:

LPBuq

LPBuq Member

My favourite albums are ATS and LT, although I like every song that they've released. Except Dave Sbeat which was f*cking wierd.
    I like the idea of interludes, and I think that LP should approach it again, combined with the electronic style of LT. Those two, plus some added heavyness, would be my ideal album.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I have no expectations, therefore, I will not be disappointed.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This guy knows the deal.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I hope that someday LP & Austin Carlile of OM&M will collaborate in the next record. He's great on few appearances of Faint. A shared vocals with Chaz would be badass. and also, Mike mentioned before that he's interested in working again with Tom Morello in the future. I hope so.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I second what Hybrid said. As much as I would like for some of my ideas to surface, leaving the music to the band is the best option. While we may not all agree on a direction or style for a particular album, we can all agree that once LP creates a vision, they (mostly) stick with it to the end.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would love a progressive metal/rock album. That way they could stay heavy and visceral, but still do something completely new and experiment (kind of like tool). With a 8-12 minutes epic song! That would be awesome.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

If they're planning to take the Industrial direction for their next album, I'd love it to sound a bit like if they were around during the Pre-NIN years of the genre, musically like Throbbing Gristle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6144RV4c-9w

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

Somebody agrees with me!