Expecting Anything Else

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Nov 15, 2003.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I wasn't too big of an LP fan when Reanimation came out but was there something else u were expecting from the Reanimation songs. What else would you have wanted (concepts, remixing, etc)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I expected it to be more rockier than Hybrid Theory.

I expected more of the remixes to have more of a rock- to metal-edge to them. Instead, half of them were rap and they turned out terrible. "Frgt/10" is the only exception. "Enth E Nd" would be great if Motion Man was dead.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I agree with Will! It was pretty kickass, but some of the rapping was just a little too much... yeah.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I expected it to be better than HT ; there were some exceptions but overall the songs were not as good or better than the originals..

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Get rid of all the guest rappers. Mike can rap, and raps well. He has rapping talent. He is rare. Most rappers, the guest rappers on Reanimation included, have very little talent and destroyed the songs (Like in PLC.4 MIE HAED...what the hell is that guy doing besides ruining the track?)

More rock-ish would have been a lot better. And more of Aaron Lewis in KRWLNG. He did such a great job, but should have sung more than just one chorous.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

i like Reanimation. I wouldn't change a thing. I feel like I got alot more for how little I paid for it.

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

Aaron Lewis (or Staind) is my faveourite band after LP...I wish they could write a new verse to Krwlng (like they did on P5hng Me A*wy)...

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

First I didn't want to buy,because I've heard from friends there were too many raps and that it would be more Hip-Hop than rock. But then I listened to it and when I heard Krwlng and 1 stp closr I had to buy it.Those songs are not just remixes,they're really great!
    But still I think Hybrid Theory is much better!

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

:( awww somebody just doesnt like rap. I think Reanimation was an awsome album but thats just my opinion and means nothing :D

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

personaly i thought reanimation was excelent no as good as HT or meteora, but some of the BGM on th songs is unreal, on crawling remix and pushing me away remix, when i first heard about it, i thought it was gonna be an entire new albumn, and when i first listened to it i still loved it even though it was a remix albumn,
    introducing other artists to the songs was a great idea
    and i love pushing me away, with you and crawling remixes they are amazing, overall i was happy with it, but still expected a lil more if u no wot i mean :whistle:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, what the hell was with that. Who raps about pissing and crapping on someone's lawn :huh: That was so stupid, it's like he took the first words that rhymed and used those. No talent whatsoever

Glenn

Yeah rap is mostly like that. Some rap is good though, kinda like SOME of eminems songs, that talk about motivation. But most of it is as stupid as a guy talking about pissing on someones lawn. Hmm, there must be a less literal meaning to that, hmm...No I guess he's just an idiot

On The positive side: Crawling and One Step Closer were amazing. Staind is awesome and I like how LP used some of Reanimation in Live in Texas. They used it in By Myself ( I think), With You, pushing me away (duh), Crawling (At the beginning) and One Step Closer.

Good thing they didn't bring in any guest rappers pissing on lawns.

frgt10_soldier

frgt10_soldier Banned

definatly! thats how feel whenever i buy linkin park...its totally worth the money!!

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

definatly! thats how feel whenever i buy linkin park...its totally worth the money!! [/b][/quote]
    whoa whoa whoa!!! I wouldnt go that far. ;)

Glenn

I haven't listened to reanimation in a while, I don't get too excited about it when i listen to it. I love Crawling and One Step Closer. Even though they're long, if you just close your eyes, turn it up, and enjoy, then u will like it. if you don't like them, then I'll force u to listen to them thousands of times until u do HAHAHAHAHAHA! sry bout the laughing

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

I love Reanimation.
    It was a lot better than I thought it could ever be.
    I wouldn't change it at all.
    :rob:

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

Kinda looks like im the only person that LOVED reanimation. I thought it was so fresh and the songs had a heavier side to theam and also more rapping which made it more intresting for me personally.

Edit: ONE of the few people that loved it ;)

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I loved reanimation. Only things I would change... All guest rappers GONE except for the Wth>You guy and Pharoahe Monch because his s**t was intricate. BUT the beat for High Voltage reeked hard. They should have just let Mike rap 3 verse on In The End. And I liked the Cure For The Itch remix but I was expecting something... a little bouncier or a little more ambionic. I know that's not a word. I was expecting something more Hip Hop from him or something like Session. But Joe is full of surprises.

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

I think Reanimation was great. I love Wth_You, at the part where that guy(what's his name?) was rapping, and Chester was saying "No". I love Stephen Richards's singing in P5hng Me A*wy, and I like By_Myslf. The only one I didn't like was H! Vltg3.

no_sun_today1994

no_sun_today1994 Member

i wudnt change it. awesome album