Linkin Park: "Final Masquerade" video premiere on MTV

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jul 29, 2014.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I don't like this dude's videos at all. This one is no exception.

Too abstract. I've noticed a lot of his videos just seem to be a bunch of quick scenes of random stuff that has to do with life and death. It didn't feel unique to the song at all. This was What I've Done part 2. Lame.

If a video doesn't follow the story or lyrics to the song but still looks cool (Waiting For The End), then that's ok. This was pretty bad, though. "Oh its a ballad with chester singing? We better add some angels and crying babies in there. Oh lets use that shot with the baby drooling. Perfect.".

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The only Mark Pellington-directed videos that I've really seen are Pearl Jam's video for "Jeremy" and NIN's video for "We're In This Together". The latter is one that I would call one of my personal favourites as a big NIN fan. :)

Personally, I think that there's meaning beyond "looks cool" in the "Waiting For The End", even without a clear plotline or a connection to the song lyrics.

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

I would 100% agree with you on that one. Waiting for the End may very well be be my favorite music video from the band.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

What the hell was that?

minuteforce

Saaame :phone: - although I haven't watched this new one yet

minuteforce

Saaame :phone: - although I haven't watched this new one yet

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

It's a great video but like others have said, it's all over the place. And at the beginning with Chester with the shades, I thought it was a clip from What I've Done because he looked the same back then. I liked the bit where chester wipes off the water/sweat from his face and continues to sing. It's a bit of acting and featured less dramatic hand movements from chester which I think suits him well. It's a good video although I was expecting something related to love and heartbreak or something because that was the meaning of the actual song.

Agreed. WFTE has a great video that just fits so well with the song and the artistic nature of that album. It's still my favorite from the band

I'm gonna be obvious and say, It's the music video of Linkin Park's "Final Masquerade" :p

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I appreciate the work that is put into this but... there were honestly some things that annoyed me about this video. The beginning(like first minute) were actually really good but it never evolved into something that had a greater purpose.
    1. I hate when artists wear sun glasses in their videos. It makes them come off as arrogant and inhuman in a way. Mike, Chester, Brad and Joe all wear them at some point in the video and it honestly bothers me a lot haha. Like as soon as Chester takes off his sun glasses the emotion in his singing can be seen a 100 times better.

2. All the clips came way too fast and you were barely able to see what was going on story wise because we had to see Chester singing straight into the camera or the other guys looking serious or playing their instruments. This is more or less what I remember from the video after watching it: Angel, baby, adult baby, wolf and some naked people walking up a staircase.
    I am not asking for something super deep but... this felt too random.

I honestly like the Best of You music video but I just don't feel like this song is strong enough to carry the same big emotions alone. That's why a context or a story driving music video would have made a lot of sense.
    I was super excited when I heard it was supposed to be about false beauty ideals and thought it could turn out amazing. Instead we get a lot of flashy clips with little to no substance behind them.(IMO)
    Verdict: It's alright but nothing I will remember in a few days. Visually one of their best videos for sure.

Hope other people find this video more enjoyable or can find some deeper meaning in this.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Well, I don't get music videos in general. This was a cool watch, it looked pretty nice. I liked the Chester scenes, the scenes with the full band not so much. Also, are those two girls buttnekkid?

But wasn't this supposed to explore the concept of beauty?

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

This video totally hails back to Minutes to Midnight and the video for "What I've Done".

Am I the only one who thought the band scenes were too... glowy?

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

I Did Not Understand Anything!

minuteforce

Good.

super_sebi

super_sebi Just like that.

You will kill us all ^^ :WTF:

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Someone should watch the video in slow motion and figure what its about. I would do that but Chester is singing too close to the camera, it feels like he's invading my personal space and every time I try I get distracted by Phoenix and Rob's faces.

lime treacle

Why Do You Have To Capitalize Every Letter?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Because you touch your self at night.

Also, he capitalizes every word. :sheldon:

lime treacle

This is not the first time I made that mistake, I don't know why it happens. :lol:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

because :kappa:

btw.

I like the video, its great also if i am not behind the whole story yet :lol:

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

I think i prefer Joe's videos. And i'm not sure exactly what i just watched.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

So, that's it? The music videos of this album cycle is done? Does anyone think rebellion will have a music video?