LIT live at 100%???

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by BEAVIS, Feb 4, 2004.

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

What do you think?
    Is LIT live at 100%? The Chester's voice it unreal...

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Hmmm... well considering that it was taped on the SS tour and there was a DvD with all the live footage... yes.

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

Of course Chester's voice is in a great quality...LP recorded LIT with first class equipment...it's not like the other live shows you have, when there you have a 'good' quality...
    In LIT it's more professional...

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

During Crawling, Chester is singing, but his mouth is almost closed!
    I just don't want to think that the concert isn't live at 100%.... or at least at 99%!

ObsidianReign

ObsidianReign Active Member

Don't forget that the DVD was recorded over the course of two different Texas shows and therefore the audio may not match the video that you are watching all the time. Actually there are many points where you can see some inconsistencies. They're wearing pretty much the same outfits but there are songs where you'll see, for example, Brad playing one guitar and during another clip of the SAME song, he's playing a completely different guitar. Or when you see Chester's earpiece hanging out, then from a different camera angle it's back in, and then it switches again and it's out again. It's just the editing process and splicing all the footage together.

I know, only speaking from the Montreal show a couple of weeks ago, Chester's vocals were in absolutely top form (better than "Live in Texas" even in my opinion) where he seemed to hit EVERY note. It was truly impressive and I'm hoping it was all live and not pre-recorded. From what I could tell, it was the real deal.

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

:) Thank for the information. This explanes everything!

Neil

Don't forget that the DVD was recorded over the course of two different Texas shows and therefore the audio may not match the video that you are watching all the time. Actually there are many points where you can see some inconsistencies. They're wearing pretty much the same outfits but there are songs where you'll see, for example, Brad playing one guitar and during another clip of the SAME song, he's playing a completely different guitar. Or when you see Chester's earpiece hanging out, then from a different camera angle it's back in, and then it switches again and it's out again. It's just the editing process and splicing all the footage together.

I know, only speaking from the Montreal show a couple of weeks ago, Chester's vocals were in absolutely top form (better than "Live in Texas" even in my opinion) where he seemed to hit EVERY note. It was truly impressive and I'm hoping it was all live and not pre-recorded. From what I could tell, it was the real deal. [/b][/quote]
    :eek:

That was the most detailed and well spaced post I have ever seen by anyone new to this site...

ObsidianReign

Hey thanks Neil ... nice to know that I'm appreciated LOL. I just figured that if I could help out, I might as well put a little effort into it and try to make it clear. But that was very cool of you to say. I'll try to live up to these standards I've set for myself from now on ;)

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

im sick of this topic cropping up, his voice is perfect on LIT, and you cant always xpect it to be 100% all the time, he does amazingly for th amount of time thy tour

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I know, only speaking from the Montreal show a couple of weeks ago, Chester's vocals were in absolutely top form (better than "Live in Texas" even in my opinion) where he seemed to hit EVERY note. It was truly impressive and I'm hoping it was all live and not pre-recorded. From what I could tell, it was the real deal. [/b][/quote]
    Man, I missed my chance to go to the Montreal show :D . Now you tell that, I'm definately upset :lol: . J/K

Yes, it's all about the timing of the footage. By the way, welcome here :D . Keep writing like this, Neil is right :D .

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

It's kind of annoying that the video and audio aren't always synched. I think they should have kept the audio with the video for one of the shows, and then use another show for other songs. I know they thought that some audio was better, but I think that most people would love both show's audio.

Neil

Of course I'm right :lol:

But seriously, you are the first new person to the forums who's first post wasn't "LiEk! OmG2!1!!!1! ChesTer IS GOinG sOlo - Is ITT TRuE?!?!"

ObsidianReign

Of course I'm right :lol:

But seriously, you are the first new person to the forums who's first post wasn't "LiEk! OmG2!1!!!1! ChesTer IS GOinG sOlo - Is ITT TRuE?!?!" [/b][/quote]
    Thanks folks ... now I definitely feel welcome. Hey I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to Linkin Park but still obsessed enough to freak out the other guys in my band a bit LOL. We're a pretty aggressive metal band and I'm trying to talk them into covering "One Step Closer". I think I've got them pretty much convinced to do it now and when we perform it live, I'll link to a video clip of it for all of you to check out ... I already envision it sounding incredibly evil B)

And don't worry Neil, I will NEVER write like I'm a 12 year old who got deprived of a dictionary for X-mas hehehe. Guess the fact that I'm probably one of the oldest members on these forums is to blame for my writing

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

yea LIT is 100% chesters voice i think.. if it is then he is amazing! ^_^

The concept of LIT was to give fans a chance to see LP live. A lot of the fans who bouught the album didn't go to the shows so in my opinion, it is a bold move by LP to give something to the fans. But the show on audio was on the 3rd of something- i will get back to you on that.

Toast

Toast Ambient

thats why you'll see him sweaty from the one show then really sweaty in the next shot from the other show :teehee: