First Linkin Park Song?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TeMpEsT, Feb 3, 2004.

Meteora89

Meteora89 Well-Known Member

The first LP song i've ever heard was papercut. I saw the video on TV and i thought it was a cool song and its been my favorite ever since. :chaz:

Toast

Toast Ambient

not really my first song but my LP history [abridged] :whistle:
    saw OSC whenever it came out on MTV before i liked rock/metal [doesnt matter what i liked before LP :whistle: ] and i thought ok whatever, then i downloaded the song and like it, then couple months later, friend came over and told me download crawling so i did and it was awesome, then over summer and saw crawling video everyday on MTV [before they sold-out (MTV)], so i started likeing LP, then in fall i saw the premier of ITE, but didnt really pay attention, then i saw it and thought it was amazing, then i become a true fan and downloaded the 4 vids of HT, papercut video is my fav video from HT, then i got FPATPF DVD it rocked, then saw Pts.of.Athrty on MTV2 freaked out by it awesomeness, dwnldd video, then bought reanimation, was thrown off by opening then it got good, listened to it all summer and fall, started listening to HTEP stuff around winter, dwnldd SIB around this time last yewar, loved it, playedc it all the time, meteora came out, dwnldd bunch of songs but they were all interview :wth: , saw $2 bill show, bought cd, it was fricking awesome, FTI was last song i heard from Meteora, fav song! saw SIB, rocked, saw Faint, thought it was kinda cool until bridge then it was awesome, dwnldd Numb vid couple weeks before release [cool], LPA had the huge FTI spammage, saw vid, BEST VIDEO EVER, now wondering what next single is? still waiting for BTH :/

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

*flashback*

I remember I was like..11 or 12 I think. My brother was in a band and he practiced at my grandmothers house every weekend because she had a large room they could use. They let me see their first performance. With their Singer Ryan, guitarist Mike, and the drummer as my brother Drew (now 18 lol and still with that band just with two new members and Ryan the singer was thrown out because he was an idiot). I sat down on a chair and they launched into a song and It went like "One step closer to the edge..." blah blah and so on lol you know the rest. After they were done I was like..MESMIRIZED. I loved that song lol and I bought the CD and now i'm a fan lol.

So yeah. One Step Closer was the first song I heard of theirs. Awsome experience of it esspecially. :)

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

OSC on MTV. But I didn't become a hardcore fan untill I heard "Papercut" that is what got me hooked and it is still my favorite LP song.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

One Step Closer. I heard it and I couldn't stop listening to it until I got HT.

Babak

Babak Well-Known Member

One Step Closer

lp_fan23k

lp_fan23k Well-Known Member

I heard most of there songs on t.v but never really listened or bought their CD. I liked there songs because i would watch DBZ musicvideos and they interested me. Not until last years halloween dance, when I heard in the end. When I downloaded it I would listen to it 24/7 and eventually I got HT from a kid at my school, and bought meteora a short time later.

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

Crawling :peace:

Marina

Marina Member

Crawling!!!

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

First Points of Authority. My friend downloaded it and I heard it and liked it. Then he got Hybrid Theory and he played In the End and A Place for My Head, and then I knew I had to have the CD. Now I've played that CD so much that my friend says I've almost killed the band for him :p

Skykitten

Skykitten Member

my first lp song i heard was Somewhere I Belong, which was on my first skydiving video. now i love them all!!! Right Satan??

Turbo

Skykitten

Skykitten Member

don't you find the more you listen their music and watch them the more they grow on you??

Turbo

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

don't you find the more you listen their music and watch them the more they grow on you??

Turbo [/b][/quote]
    *coughdoublepostcough* :lol:

j/k. ;)

ForeverDelayed

ForeverDelayed Member

Crawling, I saw the video on ZTV. And then I bought Hybrid Theory and.. got stuck. :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

*coughdoublepostcough* :lol:

j/k. ;) [/b][/quote]
    yeah, please try the edit button if you have anything extra to add. :)

I saw One Step Closer on Muchmusic, loved it, downloaded it, got 3 more songs from a friend, downloaded the rest of Hybrid Theory, loved it, bought it, became obsessed.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

yeah, please try the edit button if you have anything extra to add. :)

I saw One Step Closer on Muchmusic, loved it, downloaded it, got 3 more songs from a friend, downloaded the rest of Hybrid Theory, loved it, bought it, became obsessed. [/b][/quote]
    In that order. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In that order. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    No. Backwards. Duh.

:lol:

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

In The End or Its Going Down

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

One Step Closer.

My cousion put it in the CD player while we were driving to her house (which was about an hour away because they lived in a city). Once I heard it, I was hooked. Then, I heard it on the radio and eventually saw the video later that night. Then, they started fighting a little bit, so they put in Hybrid Theory. A few days later, when I got home, I bought the CD. First songs I got into besides OSC were Papercut and By Myself.

Amazing time. I wish I could go back to when One Step Closer was getting played everywhere.

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

One Step closer!I really fell in love with that song when I first heard it!
    Actually I wasn't into Metal before,so it was kinda new for me.
    When Crawling came out I finally bought the Album,and I still love to hear it!